The Brotherhood of Makuta - What About a Community MOC Project?

He means what they originally looked like, for example, the 08 Makuta shapeshifted, which is what we see in the sets, they originally didn’t look like that.

3 Likes

Is that a hose that connects the head to the staff?

yeah. since his mask no longer works, he has to rely on the vegetated toa for powers.

3 Likes

Woah…

That’s awesome! Very gruesome, love the torso build. I get a very sadistic bounty hunter vibe from it

Please post this MOC anyway, even if he won’t be in the book of the brotherhood. I’d love to see more of him.
@Gilahu, Brotherhood of Makuta Comunity Project: Kohuru, But Better.

1 Like

So, @21sselliW pointed out to me a few days ago that there are a few locations in the Matoran Universe that were destroyed at some point and thus aren’t seen on the map:

These destroyed islands are:

• one linked via a landbridge to Artakha that was destroyed after Kojol’s raid
  • one near Xia that was only inhabited by Rahi and which was destroyed at some point to make the trade routes more convenient for Xia

Upon checking this information I stumbled across a list of even more places that might provide more regions to assign:

The question now is - should some of these places be included as regions for Makuta to be assigned to, or not? And which ones?
Or should we simply ignore this for the most part, since these are only really minor places?

My list would currently look like this:

• island adjacent to Artakha - either directly assigned to Kojol, too, or previously assigned to some Makuta who died prior to the Convocation
  • island near Xia - either also assigned to Antroz or assigned to some Rahi scientist who died somewhen before the Raid on Artakha
  • island near Metru Nui
  • (island near Stelt)
  • Nocturn’s Homeland
  • Wooded island - the ideal excuse for Makuta Anjan’s assigned region :grin:

This is open for discussion.

I personally presently tend towards ignoring this for the most part (that Wooded island comes in quite handy for Anjan, but I figure otherwise all these minor places could simply be overseen by the Makuta of the adjacent regions)

Updated list is in post 1065
Rules can be found in post 1065 and additions in post 1
All Makuta are currently assigned

1 Like

Hey, the more the merrier, right? I’m personally for trying to fill up all of the islands. Make the universe a little more complete, you know?

1 Like

Why is this one in parentheses?

@Racie02

Because I wasn’t sure if I wanted to include this on my list or not. All that is known about that island is that a Matoran village stood on it. Given that Stelt already isn’t that big of an island I figured that this island near Stelt would basically only consist of that village - and assigning a Makuta to one village?

1 Like

I think at least some of those places should be regions, like nocturn’s island, where the makuta could’ve been torn to pieces by the locals?

2 Likes

That would need a good explanation as to why that happened, though.

EDIT:

Come to think of it the Makuta might also have died when the island broke apart. Maybe the Makuta was even responsible for Nocturn getting so enraged…

1 Like

Ya, we might be on to something good here

1 Like

So, I was bored and wrote some kind of backstory for Makuta Reppirax (this is NOT his “Book of the Brotherhood” entry) to get a better grip of the character. I probably overdid it again :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. Opinions are welcome, especially yours, @Sciencegiraffe, in regard of if this works for you.

Widely considered to have been the deadliest blade of his time, Reppirax also was a brilliant tactician and a charismatic leader. His loyalty to the Great Spirit was exemplary, although this loyalty made him treat those who defied Mata Nui in his eyes without any mercy. He was known to kill beings on the spot if he felt like they weren’t paying enough attention to the Three Virtues. Those who openly rebelled against Mata Nui and his servants, the Makuta and Toa, he didn’t kill, but instead banished them with his mask to the Zone of Shadows to forever wander far away from Mata Nui’s light in empty darkness.

As the centuries and millennia went by, the inhabitants of the Matoran Universe turned away from Mata Nui more and more, ignoring the Three Virtues and becoming greedy, crooked and dishonorable. In those times only the Matoran and the Brotherhood stayed true to the Great Spirit in Reppirax’s eyes, and he demanded Miserix to give him an army to remove all sinners from the universe, so that it might become righteous again. Miserix refused, pointing out that all races had a duty to fulfill and that Reppirax – despite his devoutness to Mata Nui – couldn’t possibly judge what Mata Nui and the Great Beings planned when they created not only the Matoran and Makuta, but also the Vortixx, the Skakdi, and everyone else. He told Reppirax to think on a bigger scale – and Reppirax obeyed, since it was Mata Nui who had made Miserix his superior.

Reppirax left Destral to travel through the Matoran Universe, but all he saw were transgressions everywhere. He checked his righteous ire, instead preaching the Three Virtues on his way, invoking everyone to live again how Mata Nui desired them to, and promising those who would follow and support him on his mission to redeem the inhabitants of the Matoran Universe a world of light, benevolence and abundance. At first only a few beings followed him, forming the order that later became known as the “Great Spirit’s True Servants” and eventually the “Cleansers”. As his fellowship grew and grew, not only those who believed in his words joined Reppirax, but also those who were attracted to power and wealth, for soon the the “Great Spirit’s True Servants” became an influential faction in many villages and cities of the Matoran Universe.

When the Barraki rebelled against the Great Spirit and shortly after Mata Nui nearly died due to the Matoran civil war in Metru Nui, these things had a deep impact on Reppirax. How perfidious had the Matoran Universe become that even the Matoran, Mata Nui’s most loyal subjects, were waging war against each other? How could there have been someone who could even think of overthrowing their benevolent Great Spirit? Could it be that Miserix as Mata Nui’s voice in the Matoran Universe had been wrong? And if so – had he ever truly been Mata Nui’s voice? And if not – who would be more suited for the task than Reppirax himself who had devoted himself and his actions completely to the Great Spirit since the day he was created?

Eventually Reppirax decided that it was time for him to do the right thing in Mata Nui’s name and to wipe out everyone who didn’t serve the Great Spirit with all his soul. In Reppirax’s eyes Teridax acted more than correctly when he had the leaders of the war parties in Metru Nui massacred. There was no other way. The sinners had to die, so that Mata Nui could fill the universe again with beings who respected him.
Again Reppirax demanded Miserix to give him an army, and again Miserix declined. Reppirax saw this as the ultimate evidence that if Miserix had indeed ever been Mata Nui’s voice, he most definitely wasn’t anymore. This time, however, Reppirax wasn’t completely dependent on the Brotherhood as he already had a small army recruited from his followers, the “Great Spirit’s True Servants”. He began his crusade in the south of the Matoran Universe, killing everyone who wasn’t a Toa, Turaga, or Matoran, or opposed him and adding any Rahi he encountered on the way to his forces.

He had killed thousands already and his army had more than doubled in number due to all the Rahi and scared Matoran – even a few Toa – joining its ranks, when an envoy from the Brotherhood reached Reppirax, demanding in the name of the Brotherhood and Mata Nui, that he stop his crusade immediately, that he was to disband his army at once and that he was to turn himself over to the custody of the Brotherhood. If he didn’t agree to these terms, it would mean war. Reppirax only laughed at these words, telling the envoy that he, Reppirax, was acting in Mata Nui’s name, and thus the Brotherhood couldn’t expect any mercy, if it chose to oppose him.

Thus it came that only centuries after the Great army of the Brotherhood was disbanded after the defeat of the Barraki, it was formed again on the southwestern coast of the Southern Continent to stop Reppirax’s armada, this time commanded by field marshal Ornek and the two generals Xirok and Cenred.
Reppirax knew that he could win the battle – his core troops were way better trained and equipped than the hastily assembled army of the Brotherhood, but taking the beach would cost too many of his soldiers their lives which would have left him too weakened to deal with a second army after that. He decided that his best bet was to take Destral and then use the island’s teleporting device to move freely across the Matoran Universe. Taking the elite of his soldiers with him, Reppirax departed from the coast of the Southern Continent and left orders to keep the enemy occupied.

With most of the Brotherhood’s forces being with Ornek, Destral only had few defenders left aside the automatic defenses and the roughly fifty Makuta within the fortress. Knowing most of the secret traps, Reppirax didn’t fear the defenses as much as the Makuta who threw down lightning bolts and disintegration beams at him from the near impregnable walls. But Reppirax had taken care that those of his fighters who were able to use Kanohi came prepared, and thus the Makuta’s attacks were mostly stopped by force fields or deflected. Still, Reppirax’s fighters weren’t able to get to the Makuta on the walls either, where the defenders were able to use their devastating short range abilities. The situation became a stalemate.
Since the defenders of Destral where too few in numbers they where only able to hold the central fortress against Reppirax’s superior numbers, who went through the laboratories and construction yards of the rest of the island in search of materials for siege weapons. Reppirax was more than confident that within a few days he would be able to breach the walls and start the massacre, in the end being able to take the throne with Miserix’s and Teridax’s dead bodies lying before it, and then all that would still stand in his way would be Ornek, and after him, no one. And Mata Nui would approve and thank his most loyal of servants.
That was when one of his lieutenants pointed out ships on the horizon, flying the banner of the Brotherhood. Ornek had used the powers of the Toa of Water under his command to pull Reppirax’s ships to the beach, where Cenred’s and Xirok’s forces were decimating them ship after ship. The situation under control, Ornek took his reserves and set sail to Destral, planning to fall Reppirax in the back.
Destral’s defenders saw the ships, too, and prepared for a sortie, to crush Reppirax’s rebellion once and for all between Ornek’s troops and themselves.

The battle was terrible. Reppirax’s well trained and equipped soldiers of all species proofed to be far superior to Ornek’s Toa who refused to kill, weak Rahkshi, and few Exo-Toa, who on the other hand outnumbered Reppirax’s warriors two to one. It seemed as if Repirax would win, when suddenly confusion broke out amidst his ranks, as Makuta after Makuta, led by Teridax and Miserix, teleported right into their formation, while the less combat experienced Makuta flung all they had at the confused and surrounded “Cleansers”. Reppirax himself was eventually forced to participate in the battle and his Lightstone Blade raged terribly. He nearly killed Gantil and badly wounded Gorast, but in the end saw himself surrounded by Jarnat, Erdorn, Piraunga and Icarax, to whose combined attacks he eventually fell amidst piles of dead and dying Toa, Rahkshi and the last soldiers of “The Great Spirit’s True Servants”.
The last of his loyal troops died shortly after, both on Destral and on the shore of the Southern Continent, where Cenred swung his mighty axe and beheaded Reppirax’s second in command.

Dicussion about more regions to be assigned in post 1079

4 Likes

Wow, that is a great backstory.

1 Like

That’s spectacular!

1 Like

Some parts of it seem a little out of character for Reppirax. He’s supposed to be a more of a phyco killer and less of a misguided cult leader. I mean, he is a cult leader, but the thing that seemed most out of place was the undying loyalty to mata nun in your story. I always envisioned him as more of a rogue with loyalty to nobody. Still, good backstory.

1 Like

@Sciencegiraffe

Well, I figured that this fanatical loyalty to Mata Nui would actually give him proper reasons for why he did what he did as well as a reason for his cultists to follow him.

You could probably say that in the end - despite what Reppirax himself might have believed - he was a rogue with loyalty to nobody. He decided what to do, not Mata Nui. Mata Nui in the end basically only was a tool to justify his ideas and deeds and to gain him followers. Using Mata Nui to his advantage would have been really smart - if he himself believed in it or not. I personally deem it way more interesting if he actually believed in acting in Mata Nui’s will, though - there are so many Makuta already whose motivations are basically “I’m a bad guy, I want more power”.

@Aegyptiacus

Aegis is accepted now with her name being changed to Yandra. Thanks for participating!

I’m happy to announce that 70 Makuta are completed and accepted now! Only 30 more to go.

1 Like

Since post 1 is outdated and you can’t Edit post 1 anyway, why not put all the current rules in post 1065, so they’re all in one place?

@Racie02

All rules are below the updated list. Basically what I want to tell people here is to read post one as well which tells about this project and also says something about how the entries should optimally be structured.
I figured I could leave it that way. :wink:

1 Like