The Brotherhood of Makuta - What About a Community MOC Project?

May I be assigned to the last available male Makuta?

@Toaofenergy

Sure. I’ll put you on the list. Also make sure to read the rules if you haven’t already.

Rules and list in post 1
All Makuta are currently assigned

Quick question: would this work as a remake of Xoth? It’s definitely better than the original, IMO, but is it too simplistic?

~W12~

2 Likes

Honestly I liked the torso (and mask) of the original a lot better, even if it was mostly only a '08 Makuta one. Limbs definitely don’t look as weirdly cluttered, though. How did you put that Jayko mask on there?

At this point it’s fully up to you. I have my Xoth MOC now :wink:

Rules and list in post 1

It turns out it fit perfectly over a Brain Attack visor. Not even stressing the piece any, nor is it too loose (it’s about as tight as a Mata mask connection). I was actually kinda surprised how perfectly it worked.

Then I’ll go with this one, since I like it much more than the original. Topic will be up in a bit.

~W12~

1 Like

finished my NEW MAKUTA i hope its beter than the last one for you.

1 Like

I would like to make a moc, but I don’t know if I still can and what should I do.
@Gilahu

1 Like

Currently there aren’t any spots left - and there probably also won’t be in the near future unless someone decides to quit.

Have you read the entirety of the first post? That should answer most things. Any additional questions I’ll be happy to answer.

Rules and list in post 1

1 Like

Just my luck…

1 Like

I hate to say this, but because of my current state of affairs and free time, I will likely not finish Durantaz any time soon, and I’m still struggling with his lore. I cannot in good conscience keep that spot when others may be able to contribute.

I am satisfied with Hormahk, and hope this project continues to grow and do well, but cannot contribute more for the foreseeable future.

3 Likes

@pizzacheetah

I’ll remove you from the list then.

Rules and list in post 1

There is again a Makuta to be assigned

ME ME!

2 Likes

I can’t hear you. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok, on the list you go for a non-canon male Makuta.

Rules and list in post 1

1 Like

Oh, yeah!

I will look for everything this weekend.

@Gilahu There is a small problem: I have only CCBS pieces. Is OK if I make it out of CCBS, but a good one?

1 Like

People keep asking me that for some reason. Maybe I should make this part of the rules more obvious…

Yes, you can use CCBS. :wink:

Rules and list in post 1

3 Likes

My most resent Makuta is pretty-much complete at this point (excepting the feet, which I’m still experimenting with), but might not be posted for a while, as I’ll finish him with the parts of the newest buildable Darth Vader once he goes on clearance (I just can’t justify paying 40 bucks for him).

Also, on the off-chance that you haven’t begun drawing Wanitama yet, could you wait a bit? I’m considering giving him a total overhaul, making him more Technic based and adding some blue to the color scheme.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t it be quicker and cheaper to simply get the parts from bricklink?

I already have. Still I appreciate updated versions - it will still have an influence on my revamp of him (which might happen in the reasonable future - that is, whenever I feel like building something with Mata red without a custom head) Current plan is Xoth, Erdorn, probably Tethis, hopefully Isthra. After that I don’t know.

Rules and list in post 1

I don’t just plan on getting him for the parts I have specific plans for, like those for this guy- I want other parts that give me some freedom to experiment (since I actually haven’t bought a CCBS set since 2015). Also, I have a $20 Walmart gift card, not a $20 Bricklink gift card.

For anyone who wants something fun to read as well as an example of how Mutran might have been like had Tren Krom been a little less… sensitive - I forced the Mutran Chronicles through Google Translate. It’s been some time since I laughed that hard for that long.

See here.

Rules and list in post 1

2 Likes

How’s this for Wanitama’s revamp?

The legs are just there to hold the body up for the photo, and are by no means final. This version will have no yellow.

If anyone’s got any ideas for armoring the waist area, I’m all ears.

1 Like