The Brotherhood of Makuta - What About a Community MOC Project?

@ToaPanda

Looking interesting so far. Does this mean you want to do another male Makuta?

Updated list is in post 702
Rules can be found in post 702 and additions in post 1

Yes, I think I’ll do another moc, I have been making decent progress, should be done in a few days!

@ToaPanda

Ok, I’ll put you on the list then. Be aware that I added two new rules last week.

Oh, and try making this new MOC more Titan sized than the last one

I got my basic build done, along with the backstory. Is it alright if I claim the idea for a poison expert, though? It fits right in with the concept and appearance of her.

1 Like

Hey, I guess I’ll use my Makuta contest entry for this, since it wasn’t finished by the deadline (salt intensifies).
/s But seriously I thought you were able to submit entries on the 5th…
Anyway, I’m gonna start working on my Makuta now, since there’s nothing else to work on.
I might just kill myself out of self hatred first though…

3 Likes

I know the feel, just finished my entry today :cry:

@Gilahu Its done! Its definitely more titan-sized than the last.

Edited for double-post -legomaster

1 Like

Just added some more suggestions for backstories to post 702.

@Sciencegiraffe

Don’t know if you read this in time, but I just read through Reppirax’s backstory again to get a feeling for the charakter before drawing him and stumbled over the name “Bloodeyes”. Well, I think this organization thing will come in handy for Reppirax’s “Book of the Brotherhood” entry, however the name “Bloodeyes” should be changed. especially the “Blood”, since Bionicle characters don’t have blood… I think? So this would make the name kinda strange.

If you don’t come up with a better name, I’ll think of something fitting and incorpoate an “eye” somewhere. It will probably be something fitting for a sect of fanatics like… “The True Purge” or something such with an eye of sorts as their insignia (I would want to add that to Reppirax’s drawing)

1 Like

What would you want the name to be? I’ kind of blanking on good names for them right now. Interestingly, you’re right, they don’t have blood. I never really thought about it before, but it’s kind of weird how much I was able to find on the topic.

@Sciencegiraffe

Well, let’s see…

I currently have this idea I would like to pursue in Reppirax’s “Book of the Brotherhood” entry (which varies a little bit from what you wrote, but I feel like my version would explain better why he actually attacked the Brotherhood - feel free to give your opinion on this):

So, Reppirax had been tasked with creating something that would make the Brotherhood able to easily control the Rahi populace of the Matoran Universe - he created some very few but very powerful Rahi for this. These were never used by the Brotherhood, however, which made Reppirax quite angry. Over time he came to believe that to keep the Matoran Universe working properly, it needed to be frequently “cleansed” from every kind of influence that hadn’t been there since the very beginning - Dark Hunters, Rahi, basically everything that wasn’t either created by the Great Beings or Mata Nui directly. In short: he became some sort of “religious” fanatic.
Over time he assembled a group of beings that also believed in his ideas, named the “…” (I’ll just make up a name somewhen if that’s fine with you). Reppirax also tried repeatedly to convince Miserix and Teridax, but failed there.
Eventually he simply decided to take matters into his own hands and to start his crusade against everything not created by “gods”. Miserix of course wouldn’t tolerate it and the Brotherhood’s forces soon stopped Reppirax and his “army” before they could reach any important regions. They weren’t able to defeat Reppirax, though. Knowing that he could only win when the Brotherhood was on his side, Reppirax decided to take his elite troops (mostly of the “…”) and march on Destral. There however he was killed when he and his forces were crushed between Destral’s walls and Ornek’s army that came to save the Brotherhood’s seat of power. At the same time, Cenred and Xirok managed to defeat the troops Reppirax had left behind.

Yea, that’s the rough idea. It will take quite some time before I get to write this properly, though.

Also the mask Reppirax wears… The “the” in the name bugs me a little “Mask of the Voids”. The power too seems a little too powerful in my opinion, I mean … Black Holes? I would like to change the power to this: He can create a portal to the Field of Shadows. It’s more or less the same power but also not - but it would fit better in my opinion.
I’m not sure if the name “Mask of Voids” still fits then, though…

EDIT: I think I have a name for Reppirax’s group of fanatics - at least I think it sounds fanatical enough while capturing somewhat what they attempted:

“The Great Beings’ True Servants” probably reffered to as simply the “Servants” in short.

1 Like

Backstory seems pretty good, although I don’t think “religious fanatic” is a correct way to put it, seeing as he’s making up a violent set of beliefs that he makes himself the leader of and brainwashes others into believing. I think cult leader would be a more appropriate term. Also, that name for them is pretty good, but a bit drawn out. How about calling them “the Cleansers”.
Edit: also, his mask doesn’t create actual black holes, it’s more of a portal to an empty dimension that sucks people in with a powerful Vaccum. You know what the kamui is? If you do, it’s pretty much like that.

2 Likes

yea, it ain’t religious until he starts spoutin’ about how you all are gonna be goin’ to hell for not following his orders XD

which reminds me, I need to work on Reppirax’s mask design!

1 Like

What? I was saying that what Reppirax wasn’t making a religion, he was making a cult.

1 Like

I know, I was trying to make a joke.

Oh, ok.

@Sciencegiraffe[quote=“Sciencegiraffe, post:759, topic:14663”]
religious fanatic
[/quote]

In the end it’s more or less the same. Of course I would never actually use the word “religion”. The important thing is in the end that Reppirax has to make his followers believe in something - otherwise they wouldn’t follow him.

Well, I just personally think it likely that such a fanatical group would give themselves some big grandiose name - but actually no one calls them by their full name. “The Cleansers” somehow reminds me of a bunch of janitors :stuck_out_tongue:, but ok, I’ll use it. I still think this should be the name only others call them, though.

Which still seems to be like instant-death. I personally think replacing the “empty dimension” with the Field of Shadows does work better - because Reppirax wants his victims to suffer, trapped in a place where there is no light - and where somewhere the Zivon lurks.

2 Likes

I guess the field of shadows and the empty dimension are pretty much the same thing anyway. Although this portal that I was talking about doesn’t kill people like you thought. It simply transports them. Unless of course it where used to rip someone in half of something, I guess that could kill, but that’s usually not what it’s used for.

1 Like

Sorry for my inactivity on this project, school is getting very intense right now, however I reckon my Makuta may start coming together in two weeks or so.

1 Like

Firstly, I’d like to say that Kohuru’s pictures will be up soon. I’m serious this time. But also, in the meantime, I’ve designed 2 or 3 other makuta. However one of them does bare a Kraahkaan. This is, however in his mutant form, in which his mask has fused with his face, and it’s used as more of an upper jaw than a mask (his unmutated form has Stringer’s HF1.0 helmet). I may not post one of the others either, because he’s in an insectoid form, and I don’t think I’ll be able to make an original form of him.

@darkbrick999

Great to hear!
For the MOC itself it doesn’t matter at all what mask it wears - the important thing is that it is a mask that isn’t on the “forbidden list” backstory-wise.

2 Likes

Have a Makuta: Makuta Wanitama: The Red Titan

1 Like