The Brotherhood of Makuta - What About a Community MOC Project?

@Sciencegiraffe[quote=“Sciencegiraffe, post:759, topic:14663”]
religious fanatic
[/quote]

In the end it’s more or less the same. Of course I would never actually use the word “religion”. The important thing is in the end that Reppirax has to make his followers believe in something - otherwise they wouldn’t follow him.

Well, I just personally think it likely that such a fanatical group would give themselves some big grandiose name - but actually no one calls them by their full name. “The Cleansers” somehow reminds me of a bunch of janitors :stuck_out_tongue:, but ok, I’ll use it. I still think this should be the name only others call them, though.

Which still seems to be like instant-death. I personally think replacing the “empty dimension” with the Field of Shadows does work better - because Reppirax wants his victims to suffer, trapped in a place where there is no light - and where somewhere the Zivon lurks.

Updated list is in post 702
Rules can be found in post 702 and additions in post 1

2 Likes

I guess the field of shadows and the empty dimension are pretty much the same thing anyway. Although this portal that I was talking about doesn’t kill people like you thought. It simply transports them. Unless of course it where used to rip someone in half of something, I guess that could kill, but that’s usually not what it’s used for.

1 Like

Sorry for my inactivity on this project, school is getting very intense right now, however I reckon my Makuta may start coming together in two weeks or so.

1 Like

Firstly, I’d like to say that Kohuru’s pictures will be up soon. I’m serious this time. But also, in the meantime, I’ve designed 2 or 3 other makuta. However one of them does bare a Kraahkaan. This is, however in his mutant form, in which his mask has fused with his face, and it’s used as more of an upper jaw than a mask (his unmutated form has Stringer’s HF1.0 helmet). I may not post one of the others either, because he’s in an insectoid form, and I don’t think I’ll be able to make an original form of him.

@darkbrick999

Great to hear!
For the MOC itself it doesn’t matter at all what mask it wears - the important thing is that it is a mask that isn’t on the “forbidden list” backstory-wise.

Updated list is in post 702
Rules can be found in post 702 and additions in post 1

2 Likes

Have a Makuta: Makuta Wanitama: The Red Titan

1 Like

Updated list and rules in post 829

5 Likes

I guess nobody likes Kojol.

2 Likes

@Leoxandar

Strange, isn’t it? I can understand why people rather want to do a character of their own instead of a canon one, but otherwise Kojol is one of my favorite Makuta.

I’m still unsure if I might do him, but I still need to finish the MOC I’m currently working on and I also have a MOC in mind for after that…

Also I have only very few purple parts and I always imagined Kojol to be purple and blue or something.

Updated list is in post 762
Rules can be found in post 762 and additions in post 1

1 Like

Ok, it’s time for the reminders again. Since this project is now running for nearly a year I would also like to clean up the list a bit in the process, so everyone I mention in this post should pay attention to what I write here.

Here I’ll mention everyone who has signed up for a male Makuta but hasn’t posted anything yet. I would ask you to show me at least that you’re still active on the boards by liking this post - that would be the easiest way for me to keep track of everyone. Of course more detailed feedback would also be welcomed.
You have time for this until the end of October. If you don’t do as I request, I’ll remove your names from the list. As long as there are Makuta left you can always join again, though. There’s also still no deadline for your MOCs to get finished.

@Silver_Falcon, @Overlord, @AdamusTheFirst, @h1vem1nd, @RedHoodieReveiwer, @mravacadomonkey, @E44, @Ekorak, @LurkingEhlek, @The_Wanderer, @Gringat, @JordanWill, @EvilLobsterKing, @kanohippy, @Kardax, @SmeatyFlavor, @ToaTeramur, @Omega_Tahu, @AwesomeJoel27, @MakutaTexxidos, @TheMoltenKing, @pizzacheetah, @Payinku

Since there are way less female Makuta than male ones and I think quite some people would like it more to do a female Makuta than a male one, I feel like I have to announce a deadline for these MOCs.

I would ask you to show me at least that you’re still active on the boards by liking this post - that would be the easiest way for me to keep track of everyone. Of course more detailed feedback would also be welcomed.
You have time for this until the end of October. If you don’t do as I request, I’ll remove your names from the list.

Once removed from the list of female Makuta, you can’t be assigned a female Makuta again for at least a month, if there are still male Makuta left, you can stll do one of them, however.

The deadline for your MOC to get finished is the end of this year (2016). So at January 1st your MOC has to be uploaded.

@Whovian41110, @Aegyptiacus

Special cases:

Your MOCs either have problems with their backstory or their build.

I would ask you to show me at least that you’re still active on the boards by liking this post - that would be the easiest way for me to keep track of everyone. Of course more detailed feedback would also be welcomed.
You have time for this until the end of October.

a) If you don’t do this, I’ll remove you from the list (You can always join again):
@Sammythekat, @darkbrick999

b) If you don’t do this, I’ll remove you from the list and you can’t join again with a female Makuta. The deadline for your MOC to get finished is the end of this year (2016). So at January 1st your MOC has to be uploaded in an acceptable way.
@Cyclopian

c) If you don’t do this, I’ll mark your MOC as accepted and make up a backstory for it myself - based on whatever information I have about the charakter.

@AdamusTheFirst (Vulon&Fenerak) For Vulon in any case, if you don’t post a backstory until the end of 2016.

@ToaPanda Deadline is November 5th, since by then you won’t be able to edit Boldorah’s post anymore

So, I think that’s it. If you have any questions or need help - I’m here for you.

Updated list is in post 762
Rules can be found in post 762 and additions in post 1

22 Likes

You have heard this from me enough, but it is in progress.

And it isn’t the trash I built a year ago, this is so,etching new, and something I don’t hate with every fibre of my being…

2 Likes

Aye still at it here, just being slow with bricklink orders, and I do want to make sure I make a good MOC, that will take some time (and too many parts for my own good) Now I just have to figure out how to build with G1 parts…

2 Likes

You saw the WIP version of mine, I made a topic in the boards and you commented

1 Like

I still exist.

1 Like

I haven’t died, but my camera has. I’ll work on a better MOC while fixing it.

1 Like

Still here, school just when hectic and crazy, sorry dude :frowning:

1 Like

just remove me.

i won’t be able to get Zurel done.

let me know if you want me to un-CCBS Saichel.

1 Like

I’m working on my next makuta when I can. I think I’ve finally gotten over my moc-block, but school is taking up most of my time now.

1 Like

I have completely re-designed Durantaz since I started on him. He went from a four-armed amoeboid in keetorange and black to a single leg in black and silver. He’s gonna be better than anything I’ve built before, or at least his leg design will, since that’s already finished. Now to get a second Onua torso on BrickLink…

I might take some time, but it’ll be well worth it in the end. As for copy editing, I’m about to do the next one right now, sorry for taking so long.

1 Like

Yeah, as with all the others, mine is in the works. Well he was. School, life (or lack there of), has kept me busy. Sigh. But, I will get back to it when I can.
I thank you for your patience good sir/lady/internet user.

1 Like