The Brotherhood of Makuta - What About a Community MOC Project?

Schools is awful. I’ll try to get it done tonight.

@Nogus101

Purple is only the colour I imagine him to have. It’s not given in canon so you would be free to use any colourscheme - I personally would like to see a colourscheme that isn’t too bright, though, and that somewhat reflects him being a creator of mostly aquatic Rahi.

Given that still nobody wants to do Kojol - shall I put you on the list again?
I’ll have high expectations, though :wink:

Updated list is in post 762
Rules can be found in post 762 and additions in post 1

1 Like

@Gilahu crap I completely forgot about this…
I’ve had a big schedule ■■■■■ this last month and I have found myself with a lot less free time for MoCing and other stuff.
I will most defiantly be working on a male Makuta, though (although I would rather make a female one, if one of the people making those drops). Thanks for your patience, and I’ll see about having a MoC ready by the end of the month.

1 Like

@Gilahu Sure, put me back on the list.

I know I could use any color-scheme, but I only see Kojol in purple. Guess I’ll be on Ebay looking for purple part lots…

@SmeatyFlavor

Take all the time you need as long as you don’t forget about it.

I’m expecting one female Makuta place to become unassigned, but not before the end of October and the one who first claims it once it’s free gets assigned to it.

@Nogus101

Ok, I’ll put you on the list.

Perhaps have a look at Bricklink, too?

3 Likes

So, some of you might have heard of the Chronicler’s Convergence, and, well, this is probably the perfect opportunity to get a little more attention for the Brotherhood Project. I most definitely feel like it should be part of this.

Unfortunately I have a big, big problem: I suck at digital stuff and am not able to produce a video for this :sweat_smile:. And even if I tried really hard, my idea for this (as usual) surpasses my personal skills considerably.

So I would require quite some help from people who believe in this project, want to make it more popular, and - most importantly - possess the talents I’m lacking.

Here’s my probably a little too ambitious basic idea:

The video shows artworks of what the Brothehood did over the millenia with some basic background music accompanying it, while “Teridax” reads the introduction to the “Book of the Brotherhood”.
It would be kind of a trailer, I guess.

And this would be the things I need others to do:

• someone/ multiple someone’s drawing artworks (at least 10 - digital art, in colours)
  • someone who has a good microphone, is a good reader and is able to make his voice sound like Teridax (you know, like Teridax’s voice in the movies)
  • someone who can piece everything together and add music
  • someone who can make the video available online so that it can be posted in the topic (or can you upload video’s like pictures here? I seriously don’t know.)

I can give you more information once you show interest.

Alternatively, if we don’t get that to work, anyone is free to create something for this project on his/her own and post it in the submissions topic - after all something is probably better than nothing… sometimes nothing is better than anything, too, though, so before you post it I would ask you to show it to me and wait for an “ok” from my side.

@Leoxandar

You mentioned something indicating skill in video making and a willingness to use it for the Brotherhood Project in post 609. Would you be available?

1 Like

Well, I meet all the qualifications you listed except I can’t draw :stuck_out_tongue:

Keep in mind, I use Windows Movie Maker and I use it beyond what it is meant for. I am able to do some neat stuff, but it’s hardly professional.

Also, if you want to hear my Teridax, here’s an audition I made for BionicleNP’s Ignition 2 :stuck_out_tongue:

I also got a Blue Snowball recently, so my audio quality has improved.

2 Likes

@Leoxandar

Great!

I have to say that this Teridax voice is pretty good. Only thing I can say is that perhaps you could try to make it a little more… “scratchy” if you can? I always liked german Teridax’s voice a little better, but you did a great job at english Teridax.

Given this I guess we can proceed with my idea, even should we don’t get artworks… with artworks it will be much better, though, and after all I only posted this today.

What do you think how much time you would need to create a video if you have all the components?

Otherwise I just started writing the introduction to the “Book of the Brotherhood”, so if you have the time you might be able to give “Teridax” a try in… two weeks at the latest, I guess.

1 Like

That’s about the max of effects when I go that deep and it still sounds like Teridax.

2 Likes

Raximoras still has no legs. Since I have to be at my parents’ house 20 miles away to work on him I’m not sure when he’ll be done, but he’s definitely nearly done.

1 Like

Is there another male Makuta I could do? I just realized I have one more entry I could pull from my fiction :stuck_out_tongue:

@Leoxandar

Sure, I’ll put you on the list.

Provided I don’t disappear completely from the boards anytime soon. I think I can handle that.

I can also do that… as long as you give me some good footage/audio of Teridax’s voice to practice with, since I haven’t seen the movies.

@Hawkflight

I appreciate your offer, but @Leoxandar already offered his help in these regards - also his Teridax voice is pretty good (an example is in post 786).

Should any problems occur, I’ll keep you in mind, though, so thanks!

I’m still in search of someone who can do good digital art!

1 Like

I can provide that :stuck_out_tongue:

@Scorpion_Strike

I know this probably comes totally out of the blue for you, but since you’re the only person I can currently think of possessing the skills I need, I wondered if you might be interested.

I don’t know how much you know about this project, but basically it aims at creating a complete Brotherhood of Makuta - 100 MOCs.

So, you might have heard of the Chroniclers’ Convergence and I thought it appropriate for the Brotherhood Project to be represented there. My idea (more about that in post 785) involves artworks shown in a video - only unfortunately neither my current helpers nor I are skilled enough to draw anything that looks particularly good.

Your artworks however are GREAT.

Thus I wanted to ask you if you would have the time and the motivation to help us out.

Should you be interested, your task would be to draw… no more than five pictures, it might be less. Each of them would show various Makuta of this project and some simple surroundings - I can give you more specific details if you would be willing to help out. The only problem might be that they would have to be finished at the end of October at the latest.

But whether you’re interested or not, thanks for reading this anyway.

2 Likes

@Gilahu I’d certainly be willing to help and draw a couple of pictures. Which Makuta and what environments were you thinking of?

1 Like

I have got a concept for my Makuta but I can’t start building until next week since I have a short holiday then, I should be able to fit in time to at least get a framework for my idea built.

1 Like

The revamp of Xirok is up:

This may not be what you want, but I’m decent at Photoshop (actually I use skrubby paint.net).

1 Like