The Brotherhood of Makuta - What About a Community MOC Project?

Is this better?

[quote=“Gilahu, post:2074, topic:14663”]
4) Those liftarms on the sides of the feet bother me, they really don’t look that good. Given the MOC’s size I’d suggest only using those pistons if you can figure out a way to incorporate them better.
[/quote]

I completely removed them, is that ok?

I mean… If you removed the pistons, why did you kept those pieces that were connecting them on the heels?

2 Likes

They added a little more stability, but I can easily remove them if needed.

They do seem to do their job properly, but they also stick out a little too much. You should replace them.
Here is an idea that I never saw in use: use two Bohrok eyes as heal spikes and connect them from above with a liftarm.

3 Likes

I used the technique you showed me, how’s that?

I did as you said, but I dunno if it works any better:

Ooooh…
So this is why it isn’t used.
I don’t know. I kinda like it a little more. Maybe if you find a way to use a thinner liftarm it would work better.

1 Like

I could do so, but the connection pins will stick out.

Yeah… That’s true…

1 Like

How’s this? Is it ok? Also, should I leave it in black or should I make it in silver?

2 Likes

@LegoDavid

Horns are fine now.

Arms:
Maybe instead of that liftarm use Bohrok eyes on the front and back?

Feet:
Those Pirakafeet don’t work very well with additional addons from my experience. It will look tacked on no matter what. I’d recommend either keeping them simple, picking different feet, or doing custom feet.

Chest:
Looks good. If you can, it might be worth a try switching out that part connecting to the Rahkshi foot’s pinhole with a silver one.

Rules and list in post 1
All Makuta are currently assigned

1 Like

Is it ok to just keep the normal feet, without any additions?

Yes, that’s perfectly fine. I’d rather like to see the legs getting more custom.

Rules and list in post 1

2 Likes

Aww man

Don’t you have another community thing I could do?

I really regret losing my Makuta spot

Is this ok?

3 Likes

Now this is my anticipated opinion: the mocs looks good so bad, definetely better than your average moc. The thing is that the colour scheme is very one dimensional. I am not saying to throw some out of place colours, like pink, or trans-yellow, of purple with white stripes. I am saying that you should try to better block the colours.

3 Likes

Just finished the custom upper legs

Anything else I need to improve?

We’re getting there.

I’d add something to the front of the lower legs to make them a ppear a bit more bulky. Skrall/Vorox armor pieces come to mind, if you have any.

Also, do you have any of these pieces?

Because I can think of an easy way to improve the upper legs if you have at least four of them.

Otherwise could you post a picture of the back, so that I can take a look at that?

Rules and list in post 1

2 Likes

Here:

No, unfortunately.

2 Likes

Alright, the back looks good.

Skrall armor works, too.

That’s really unfortunate…
The upper legs currently aren’t a catastrophe, but still they could be better, you know? I’d propose a specific design as an option, but it’s your MOC, not mine, so I’d prefer your solutions.
I know custom upper legs are a pain to build, but I’d still recommend maybe giving it a few more tries and then pick what you think looks best?

Otherwise the MOC is fine currently.

Rules and list in post 1

3 Likes

I think the upper legs are just fine, but if it’s really necessary, I can change them. What is the design you wanted to propose?