The Brotherhood of Makuta - What About a Community MOC Project?

Just give it a few tries if you can find something you like better.

This came to mind (ignore the lower legs and feet):

Rules and list in post 1
All Makuta are currently assigned

2 Likes

I tiried the design you suggested, but I honesty prefer the original one.

(I don’t have two robo rider heads in black, so I couldn’t use the other exact same design).
If you think this one is better, I can keep it, but if it were for me I would rather go with the original one.

I mean, my design isn’t supposed to work with Metru feet.

Come to think of it - do you maybe have four of these parts?

In that case I’d recommend using them on both sides of the leg and using something different than a Metru foot to cover the gap in between them.

Rules and list in post 1

2 Likes

I do have four of those, but I don’t know what else I can use to cover it other than the Metru Feet. What else would you suggest?

Well, you should end up with a 1 unit wide gap, so I’d suggest just filling that in with smaller technic parts. Kinda like this:

Rules and list in post 1

4 Likes

How’s this?

1 Like

Hm… I’d put the straight sides of the big black pieces on the front.

Maybe using a construction like this to also fill in the back of the legs:

(Couldn’t find the side parts in LDD)

And then the front needs some covering. What parts do you have available in dark blue? Including System parts?

Rules and list in post 1

I don’t think I have a lot (if any) system parts in dark blue, but I do have plenty of armor pieces in dark blue. Which ones do you have in mind?

Given the liftarm, some system stuff would have been ideal, but maybe a slightly different construction could be used to do something decent with the dark blue claw/lade piece from Vamprah’s back legs (if you have them).

I can’t think of any armor piece that will work here without making the leg super bulky which is something I’d rather get away from due to the comparatively thin lower legs.

Just try out different things, I guess?

Rules and list in post 1

1 Like

After trying all those different designs… yeah, I kinda think the original one is the best. (At least in my eyes). I think I am just going to go with that, and maybe just make a few slight changes.

What’s would you improve to this specific design?

Can I get pictures from the side and the back?

And do those Metru feet currently only have one point of connection to the upper leg?

Rules and list in post 1

They have two.

Sure:

1 Like

Alright, looks good! Outside of complete custom limbs I can’t think of anything else to do.

I’d say you’re ready to go MOC-wise!

EDIT:

Wait, actually… How would Visorak feet on the sides of the legs look?

Rules and list in post 1

1 Like

I don’t have them in either black or dark blue sadly.

So, that means I can create the topic now?

1 Like

If a spot comes up, can I take it?

Alright, might as well do the reminders today:

@Ahkmou You have a month left. Please give feedback about what your current progress is. Also be aware that I’m waiting just for your entry to finish the community phase of this project.

(For anyone curious - once all Makuta have been done, I’ll give an overview again of what plans I have for them in the future)

@StudentScissors, @Styrofoam you have until the last MOC has been completed to edit your entry’s backstories, otherwise I’ll change them as I see fit for further use. Your MOCs will get accepted either way.

Rules and list in post 1

4 Likes

I do have to request help with the backstory, I just can’t come up with anything on my own. But the moc is mostly finished.

14 Likes

Oh lawd, he coming. Look at the size of this lad. Absolute unit.

8 Likes

I was inspired by Kraid from Metroid, atleast the body

1 Like

@Ahkmou

I like the uniqueness of him compared to the rest of the project MOCs. Although once I revamp him I might have to take some liberties in order to make him fit in better… for the drawings, too, probably…

Before you upload him I’d suggest giving him some kind of tool, too.

I’ll get back to you about backstory within the next days.

Rules and list in post 1

3 Likes