The Brotherhood of Makuta - What About a Community MOC Project?

Mine was going so well until it turned into a female.

Which is apparently a problem so I’m kinda trying to work on both at the same time.

Ah, the wonders of MOCing. Start on something as a male…it ends up female. Wonderful.

2 Likes

@SmeatyFlavor

It’s just the usual reminder post. It’s not like there is any deadline yet (although that might come eventually). I will keep you on the list for now if you’re fine with that. Hopefully you’ll find some inspiration soon!

Updated list is in post 829
Rules can be found in post 829 and additions in post 1

1 Like

I’m just taking time to think of a story, the MOC is basically complete.

1 Like

I’ve been out for the past 2 weeks, so I haven’t been able to start with my MOC’s. I’ll see what I can do in the mean time.

1 Like

Sorry I am kind of in a spot in my life where I have no money to buy new parts at the moment.

And I do need some new parts for this. If you have to remove me from the list because of this I understand.

I will try and order those parts as soon as possible and begin working on it as soon as I can. Ironically I have the basic out line of his backstory though.

1 Like

@Gilahu Sorry about lack of updates. Holidays are supposed to have plenty of free time but family obligations very much make their presence known. I hope to be able to implement improvements relatively soon. Not sure what I’m going to do for the arms but I’ll hopefully find something. I purchased a fair quantity of parts at Value Village recently, so hopefully I have black torso parts somewhere in there. Putting alternate armour on the legs without making them bulky will be a bit of a challenge, but I’ll figure something out,

1 Like

Mine is nearing completion, I just need to sort out the arms, currently he’s sort of a corrupted diver but his elbows are sort of sideways and his legs aren’t finished. I’ve had many school obligations and work so sorry for no updates or progress.

1 Like

@Gilahu Still workin’ on the feet, nearly sorted now… :unamused:

1 Like

If I was to join could I use mainly ccbs and technic pieces? (that is all I have)
I would like to join but i’m not sure if I should though…

I would like to do a male makuta

@1000Purse30

You can, although G1-style parts are preferred. Definitely take a look at post 829 with the updated rules before deciding if you want to join.

@Toa_Watau

Sure, I’ll put you on the list. Make sure to also take a look at the updated rules in post 829.

EDIT:

I added short descriptions of what the accepted Makuta’s occupations were to the list. With some I’m not entirely sure what exactly they did (yet), but once I get to write their “Book of the Brotherhood” entries I guess I’ll figure something out. If I made any mistakes - please point them out!

Occupations added to the accepted Makuta on the list

1 Like

Hey I just finished my dude

MOC is 90% done, excluding backstory.

1 Like

Sorry I’ve been silent recently, the holidays are an exceptionally busy time for me. I’ll have that project I was working on done soon though, and after that I’ll release Tekaika.

1 Like

Just wanted to let everyone know that from now on your Makuta isn’t allowed to wear a Kanohi Hau anymore.

Current count of completed Makuta is 67. Current count of unassigned Makuta is 1. I think we might actually be able to complete all of them within this year. :smile:

New mask on the banned list: Hau, mask of Shielding
Occupations added to the accepted Makuta on the list

2 Likes

I would like to join with my currently-in-progress makuta (was originally meant for G2 contest; didn’t finish in time). The only thing is that I predict it will be about 1 & 1/2 feet tall with a complex G1 build when completed. Is this too big? If its fine I would like to enter.

RAXIMORAS IS FINALLY FINISHED!!! :sweat_smile:

As far as backstory is concerned, currently the idea is he’s the brotherhood’s more mechanically minded makuta. Instead of working on making new rahi, he was always more interested in smelting and crafting other stuff. Pretty much married to his forge and workshop, he builds pretty much anything the brotherhood needs, from war machines to armour suits to vehicles to those immoral masks that no matoran crafter would sully their hands with. He could fill that role of being the brotherhood’s architect, in a way, as well as a physician, though only after they take on gaseous forms and he’s providing armour repairs.

2 Likes

I’ve made up my mind. I will not enter

@Gringat

Can’t wait to see him!

The backstory works, I guess, although there already is a Makuta mask maker and a couple Makuta who specialized on mechanical stuff - but there isn’t any reason why Raximoras shouldn’t do something like this, too.
I like the idea of him doing armor repairs (probably with the help of Nynrah ghosts from time to time?) and he can also be an architect, if you want, but the place for the physcian (like in before they evolved) is currently already reserved, so I would ask you to not include that.

@BobaFetaCheese

As long as the MOC looks good there probably can’t be a “too big”, although you should try to make the MOC not taller than those 1&1/2 feet.
Have you read the updated rules in post 829?

I’ll put you on the list for a male Makuta then.

Currently there are no more Makuta to be assigned

2 Likes

That’s 6-7 heads taller than my teridax, geez.

Also, I suppose I should give an update on my parts acquisition for chirox, it’ll happen, at some point, within the next few months it’ll happen, not sure exactly when, but it will happen.

1 Like