The Brotherhood of Makuta - What About a Community MOC Project?

@SmeatyFlavor

Glad to hear that, I’ll put you on the list again right away.

So, I thought a bit about names for the continental regions and could probably make up some random ones like for the islands if none of you have any other suggestions.

I thought a bit about Mutran’s region’s name reflecting its geographical position as well as indirectly that Karda Nui lies beneath it, but the best I could come up with are:

• Heartland
  • Karda Wahi
  • Kardai Wahi (which sounds slightly better in my opinion (you could say that “Kardai” is the archaic form of “Karda”, I guess))

None of those really convince me, though… any better suggestions?

Updated list is in post 1157
Rules can be found in post 1157 and additions in post 1
There are Makuta to be assigned again

2 Likes

I like both Karda Wahi and the Heartlands (in my opinion Karda Wahi rolls off the tongue better than Kardai). What didn’t you like about these names?

2 Likes

I honestly don’t know. I just have the feeling like they could be better somehow. “Heartlands” maybe sounds a little boring and “Karda Wahi” is so long.

Well, wahi usually refers to a region, whereas a koro is a village and a metru is specific to Metru Nui. I think a different term should be used, not nui though, that just means “big” in Matoran. Perhaps a new classification is in order?

1 Like

Or maybe only “Karda” or “Kardai”? So basically only “heart”.

Or instead of “Wahi” maybe a word that indicates that it is the heart of the Southern Continent

1 Like

Karwahi? It’s shorter, but I’m not sure what it means.

@Gilahu, I have a question with regards to my MoC. In your rules, it says that the MoC can have whatever head we want it to, so long as it LOOKS like a mask.
Well, I’m 99% done with my MoC and maybe a little too late I find myself wondering: “Does Meltdown’s head look enough like a mask?”
If not, Jaller’s yellow Hau would work instead (although it’s significantly less menacing)…
I may end up making this MoC into a Toa anyway, though and start over on the Makuta, because he’s a little short, and not very intimidating looking…
EDIT: As @ToaPanda pointed out, the Hau is banned. I think I’m just gonna make a new MoC…

i mean

he can use a hau, you just have to call it something else:

1 Like

@SmeatyFlavor

Sure.

As @Sammythekat already clarified - you really can give your MOC any mask mold you want. Only for the backstory you have to consider the banned masks. The mask on the MOC can become any mask in the backstory.

@Maarlfox

Sounds rather like a Rahi name to me… maybe I will simply go for “Kardaia”…

By the way, what about that backstory for Syrai?

2 Likes

I think I’ll take this one.

Well, I recommend taking a look at the online Maori dictionary. Bionicle was based off it anyhow, so you might want to take inspiration there.

2 Likes

Ok.

Well, I guess inspiration is nice and all, but I don’t want direct Maori words or word parts with me knowingly using them.

Kardaia sounds really good.

I’ve hit something of a writer’s block as of late. I have a meeting with my Creative Writing Group on Thursday, though, so hopefully it will be up by then.

1 Like

So it’s been a while, um… Just letting people know that the Makooti is almost done and the bio will come shortly after.

2 Likes

@Gilahu Quick update:
I know I said forever ago that I was almost finished with my MoC. Well, it’s pretty much done now. I’ve been kinda busy lately but expect pictures by the end of the week!

1 Like

To let everyone know: There’s a new forbidden mask for you MOC to wear backstory wise:

Iva, Mask of Awareness - makes the user know everything going on within 3 bio (name by Aegyptiacus)

1 Like

If there are Makuta available, I’d like to do one.

2 Likes

@Windfall

Sure, I’ll put you on the list for a non-canon male Makuta then.

Sounds good.

I think it’s time for the reminders again:

As always, please give this post a like within a month if you still plan to enter a Makuta. Otherwise I’ll remove you from the list. If you decide you aren’t going to participate after all, please tell me that, too.

@Payinku, @Ekorak, @AdamusTheFirst, @EvilLobsterKing (it’s been one and a half years and I still haven’t even seen a WIP - if you aren’t going to do this, that’s fine, but please say so then), @Leoxander, @Silver_Falcon, @ToaPanda, @darkbrick999, @RedHoodieReveiwer, @Kardax, @Arceane64, @Toa_Watau, @Bionicdeadpool, @Ghidora131, @cjr205, @pizzacheetah, @MakutaOfMetruNui, @DannyBoyy, @Matanui606, @BobaFetaCheese, @Shadowrockboy190

Also I’d really appreciate it if teh following persons could finally give me some backstory for their MOCs so that I can finally accept them:

@Maarlfox, @AdamusTheFirst, @SmeatyFlavor

Basically all I need from you is a) what Kanohi does your Makuta wear, b) what did your Makuta do, c) how did your Makuta die.

And @Sammythekat - are you still planning to do a MOC or not?

Since I currently have a ton of writing to do for university that doesn’t exactly leave me with a lot of motivation to write on the “Book of the Brotherhood”, so progress there is presently pretty nonexistent. However, I’ve made quite some progress on the drawings lately - working on number 61 presently, although @Gringat’s awesome Gorast MOC gives me quite some trouble with all its details :stuck_out_tongue:
I feel like I finally got considerably better at drawing, though. The last 7 drawings turned out really well as far as drawings by me are concerned.

Here’s a little challenge to get this project done: Build MOCs faster than I can draw. I’m planning to do Teridax last, so that leaves… 9 1/2 Makuta I can draw at the moment. I manage about 1 to 2 Makuta a week. Think you can do that? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
29 Makuta left. 25 if you count out those that only still need a backstory.

I haven’t drawn Krika yet, and the pictures of the… ok, I admit, pretty bad MOC can’t be seen anymore which actually leaves me with the… convenient option of drawing a different MOC. Not sure if that is going to be my Krika MOC (which isn’t yet built) or if I should remove Krika from the accepted list and get someone to build another Krika MOC, though. Opinions?

18 Likes

I’m still working on mine. But ihave recently got sick so that has delayed me

1 Like