The Brotherhood of Makuta - What About a Community MOC Project?

Since the Windows 10 creators update seems to have messed up my photoshop and I wasn’t able to find a solution (yet?), the map of the assigned regions won’t get any updates, I fear. But it’s nearly complete, fortunately.

That said, I decided to assign Artidax to Makuta Anjan because a) he fulfills all requirements for that assignment and b) it makes sense in terms of his backstory.

Updated list is in post 1223
Rules can be found in post 1223 and additions in post 1
There are again Makuta to be assigned

1 Like

I’ll try to get mine out soon. Hopefully it isn’t too long, I’ve taken long enough already.

3 Likes

Apparently the boards just got updated, you can now edit the original post instead of making a new list every two months.

~W12~

3 Likes

Yeah, saw that, too, yesterday evening. It’s great that this is finally possible.

I’ll update the first post right away and will also link all the different MOC topics again over time.

Post one contains the updated list and rules again

Considering this recent change I’d also like to encourage everyone to check if the pictures of their Makuta are still visible in the topics - last time I checked this seemed to not be the case anymore for Xoth and Isthra by @Willess12, Icarax by @Toa_Heatwave and Jsasax by @RedHuna101.

Oh, and I guess I should also mention that due to …technical problems it might be that I suddenly disappear for some time. My Laptop’s ventilation system started making wierd sounds and today I found some broken pieces inside it that might once have been part of it… So I’m planning to buy a new computer relatively soon.

There are still Makuta to be assigned

2 Likes

For convenience, should I edit/move the most recent pictures on my topics to the top?

1 Like

I would definitely appreciate that.

Post 1 is updated again

2 Likes

Alright, @Gilahu, I would like to say that, so far, I have found my Makuta’s calling. Originally, I was rolling all around the globe with ideas that stretched from janitor (a profession which, while reading through the topic, was already taken) to rahi quality control. Most of these didn’t seem to work in the long term, however I am settling on the idea of riot control. Not exactly a general or a warlord, more so a one-“man” unit that’ll surveil all regions as to quickly crush any major uprisings. Input your critiques…

1 Like

@LeKrahka

Seems definitely like a good basis…
Under Miserix’s rule I’d say your Makuta’s job should be a little more diverse, though - he could have been an agent who was sent to wherever there was trouble of some kind. Stopping dagerous Rahi on a rampage, tracking down smugglers, occasionally working as a diplomat, etc.

Then, after the Great Disruption, Makuta are assigned to the different regions of the universe (there are still two regions left and I think your Makuta would deserve one - see below the list). All of this makes your Makuta’s former job redundant - which he isn’t happy about. At the Convocation he realizes that Teridax’s plan might give him his job back - so he joins Teridax.

After that Teridax orders him to quell any rumors about the Brotherhood taking a turn for the worse and to secretly track down any individuals and groups who spread them. Or something like that.
I’d appreciate it, if your Makuta also dies in a …creative way - it still has to make sense, though. I wouldn’t like it too much if some random mob was responsible for killing him…

Post 1 is updated again

1 Like

@Gilahu I have a project I’m working. It’s a huge undertaking (and I’ve barely got started on it as of yet), but it’s basically supposed to be a stop motion telling of the Bionicle G1 story from beginning to end. There’s a lot more to it than that, of course, but I just want to ask if it’s alright if in this project I use your list of Makuta (names, bios, etc.) as a basis for my brotherhood of Makuta?

1 Like

@Samtastictogo

Sure, go ahead.

Just keep in mind that despite my best efforts not all bios in the topics are completely canon compatible.
Feel free to ask me about things concerning that, though.

Post 1 is updated again

3 Likes

@Gilahu I’ve made a new topic with the second version of my Makuta, please note that I’ve changed his name (although minor) so update the topics as neccesary.

[Edit] There may be a third version so refrain from the art until I decide whether or not to do a more evil looking version.
I’m a Link, Click me

1 Like

Can you still enter?

@Wheatley

Yes, you can presently choose between a non-canon male Makuta and Makuta Kojol. Rules and everything are in post one. Interested?

Post 1 is updated again

1 Like

Been working on a timeline for the Brotherhood of Makuta - any thoughts? It isn’t finsihed yet, if you can think of anything I missed until now, please tell me, though.

100,000 – 94,000 years ago

• creation of the Makuta by Mata Nui
  • the Makuta form the Brotherhood of Makuta, Miserix becomes their leader
  • Zirolius and Raximoras design and build the Destral fortress
  • Mutran and Icarax are sent to Xia to make the Vortixx lower their prices
  • Zhun leaves the Brotherhood without ever saying why
  • While putting the Zivon into the Zone of Shadows Scairix ends up there, too, he is presumed dead

94,000 - 87,000years ago

• via Chasnon Miserix recruits Takadox, one of the six Barraki, as a spy for the Brotherhood
  • Ormen takes his experiments with Kraata too far and his body gets weakened beyond repair

87,000 – 80,000 years ago

• the Barraki force Miserix to agree that the Brotherhood provides them with Rahi, Hesbrix leaves the Brotherhood because he doesn’t agree with this
  • Tagah is sent to the Barraki as the Brotherhood’s representative, additionally Miserix tasks Teridax with keeping an eye on the League of Six Kingdoms
  • Clanik vanishes on a mission to catch a dangerous escaped Rahi and is presumed dead
  • Anjan tries to elevate himself to “Turaga of the Makuta” but his invasion of Destral fails horribly and ends with his death
  • Tagah secretly gets imprisoned by Pridak and is later killed

80,000 years ago

• Takadox betrays his fellow Barraki and tells the Brotherhood of their plan to overthrow the Great Spirit, Furtaan declares the Brotherhood has to act immediately
  • The Brotherhood assembles an army and Teridax leads it to victory against the Barraki, other Makuta with the army include: Ornek, Xirok, Jarnat, Ahkaxx, Chirox, Furtaan, Erdorn
  • After the Barraki’s defeat various Makuta lead attacks on their remaining fortresses and armies, these Makuta include: Gorast, Mutran, Gantil, Erdorn, Crytoss
  • While using his Kanohi Iden to explore the Matoran Universe, something forcefully pushes Ormen’s spirit back into his weakened body which he doesn’t survive

79,500 – 79,100 years ago

• the Matoran Civil War breaks out in Metru Nui, starting the Great Disruption
  • Sachel mysteriously dies on a small island near the Southern Continent
  • Miserix eventually orders Teridax to end the war, which he does in the Archives Massacre
  • Hesbrix arrives too late to stop Teridax and gets imprisoned by the latter in a stasis tube
  • Makuta are assigned to regions of the Matoran Universe

79,100 – 70,000 years ago

• Miserix sends Mutran to find Tren Krom
  • Manguopo vanishes following a Rahi attack on his laboratory and is presumed dead
  • Reppirax declares war on the Matoran Universe to purge it from the unfaithful, but is defeated on the southern shore of the Southern Continent by Cenred and Xirok and dies on Destral when his troops get surrounded by Ornek’s reinforcements and the defenders of the fortress, including most other Makuta
  • Aplekisa dies during a sabotaged Rahi experiment
  • Mutran meets Tren Krom and learns about the workings of the Matoran Universe
  • Mutran shares his knowledge with Teridax who calls a Convocation in which he becomes the Brotherhood’s new leader
  • Miserix is imprisoned on Artidax by Krika
  • Hormahk confronts Teridax and is killed in the ensuing fight
  • Gorast and Icarax attack Kindrix in her lab, but Chirox makes them spare her life so he can conduct experiments on her, he imprisons the weakened Kindrix in his lab on Visorak
  • Gorast and Icarax kill Nevantar in his assigned region
  • Gorast kills Napak because she suspects that he helped Furtaan escape
  • Gorast and Icarax catch up to Furtaan on Keetongu’s Island and kill him
  • Gorast and Icarax follow Isthra’s trail back to Destral where they catch her as she talks to Xoth, Gorast and Icarax kill both of them

Post 1 is updated again

6 Likes

I like it, it’s extremely helpful and I don’t have to go into each Makuta’s bio to know a general synopsis of the brotherhood’s dealings over the years.

Also, @Gilahu My Makuta is nearly finished, I just have to take some pictures and make the topic. May take me just a bit longer than usual, but I should have it done before today ends.

3 Likes

Yeah, sure, I like this better than what I wrote.

~W12~

Oh yeah, right, I didn’t show you those Book of the Brotherhood entries :stuck_out_tongue:

Basically Isthra eventually returns to Destral in order to convince her friend Xoth to join her, but they’re interrupted by Gorast and Icarax.

Post 1 is updated again

2 Likes

Timeline looks great so far!

By the way, are we allowed to see the completed entries for our own Makuta? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You mean the Book of the Brotherhood entries? No. I’m planning to post them once the project is finished - which might still take a while. Plus presently there are only 36 entries finished… How much I work on them also always depends on how much I currently have to do for university - because if I’ve already spent three hours writing stuff I’m always lacking motivation to do more writing…

With the drawings I made better progress so far - currently working on either number 67 or 69…

3 Likes

Here I have my finished Makuta, Triokodex. Do what you will with him.

I have now done a complete fix on his backstory. Hopefully now there isn’t anything wrong with it, and I stayed accurate to the canon. I also changed his name to Straintol. I can change it again if that doesn’t work out.

2 Likes