The Brotherhood of Makuta - What About a Community MOC Project?

What do you think of this for my makuta’s mask?

3 Likes

Basically a good idea, but those antlers don’t flow very well with the mask - it doesn’t seem like one unit, rather like an odd hat on top of a mask.

Rules and list in post 1
All Makuta are currently assigned

4 Likes

Ya, I agree. It’s not a very easy piece to use because it is from the Lego knights kingdom series. I think that I might change it to something else. Any suggestions?

Only using the mask without any horns and stuff might be an idea if you can manage to build a good looking head for it. You can also always use any mask that exists and use it as a different mask (for example you could give your MOC a Hau and declare it a Miru or whatever you want).

Rules and list in post 1

2 Likes

almost finished should be done by tomorow

2 Likes

@Gilahu I’ll take the physician slot. I think it’s a neat concept.

Question: What is the Book? That sounds so awesome! You should totally send it to Greg to try to get it canonized if you can…

@Maarlfox

Sure. I posted a specific backstory idea a while ago - post 1333 if you’re interested. You don’t need to use it, though.

@ToaNoah_Wafflemeister

:wink:

Rules and list in post 1

1 Like

Here is my makuta moc so far, is he big enough? I think that I should add more dark red to give him more of a color scheme, is the hunched back good? Any other suggestions?

2 Likes

Ha! I can see your foster brother in one!

1 Like

I know, sorry the pictures are terrible, I will try to take better pictures tomorrow with an actual backdrop.

@Kalmah_Ren

Size and complexity are definitely ok.

However, he looks like… well, how shall I best put it - like simply a pile of parts come alive. He needs some more coherent textures - there’s just too much stuff sticking out everywhere.
For the moment I’d suggest you focus on redoing the lower legs with better ankles (the leg-foot connection looks really awkwards here) and try coming up with a better head and neck. Creative use of parts, I admit, but using the orignal head of the mask with its face on it just doesn’t work. Got me thinking, though… If my idea turns out to be any good I’ll tell you.
Also yes, more red.

EDIT:
So about that idea for securly connecting that mask to a custom head:

Build this and put the horns through the eyes of that mask.

Connect them with this t-bar piece. I’ll leave everything else to you from there.

Rules and list in post 1

2 Likes

what is the mask your using

1 Like

It’s Vladek’s mask from the big figures from Knights Kingdom from… around 2006?

Also @Kalmah_Ren - I probably have to thank you for reminding me that I have two of those masks. I think I will use them on my revamp of Antroz…

Rules and list in post 1

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice, I will work on it and try your head suggestion.

@Abyss_Lockstrider this is an old helmet from Knights Kingdom (As previously stated) if I am correct, there where 2 versions of Vladek one released in 2004

and one released in 2005

I am using the 2005 version’s helmet as a mask, it was a real challenge incorporating this into my moc, but I like the way that it turned out.

@Gilahu I am honored that I reminded you of these cool pieces. I myself had a lot of the big figures, so you can count on seeing more of these in the future.

2 Likes

Last reminder for the poll in post 1402

Gonna post those entries on Saturday (if I don’t forget ;))

Rules and list in post 1

2 Likes

I’m honestly pretty excited to finally find out what this “Book of the Brotherhood” (Man that’s a cool name) is. Deridius is also newly revamped, I finally found two ball joints that worked solidly!

2 Likes

If any Makuta become ready to be assigned, I’d be interested in doing one more-but if you’d rather someone else get a chance, that’s alright, since I have made two.

You have great ideas and build good MOCs so I’d definitely like you building another MOC. I’ll keep that in mind for when/if a spot frees up.
If someone requests the spot before you can, though, they’ll get it.

Rules and list in post 1

2 Likes

@MysteryMuffin they are going pretty great, book is coming along, I’m told, and all Makuta have been assigned. Reply to post: 1350

1 Like