The Brotherhood of Makuta - What About a Community MOC Project?

oh yeah im working on something and its almost finished

Iā€™ll take one :slight_smile:

Sure, on the list you go.

Rules and list in post 1
There are again Makuta to be assigned

I will throw my hat into the ring for Chirox; while I canā€™t build him immediately, over Spring break Iā€™ll try to get him built (should I be accepted of course).

Sure, Iā€™ll put you on the list for him then. Be aware that in this case the use of the correct Kanohi is a necessity, though.

Rules and list in post 1

I own the set, so I should be good. :stuck_out_tongue:

Any specific ideas/requests for him? Iā€™m probably gonna try to go with similar proportions to the set; should I give him the tridax pod or is this supposed to be pre-Karda Nui?

Iā€™d prefer a custom torso over a Tridax pod and yes, heā€™s supposed to be pre-Karda Nui. I guess the use of his set weapons/claws as weapons would work well, too.

Otherwise Iā€™d appreciate the usual stuff - custom limbs and torso, no CCBS - but thatā€™s by no means mandatory.

Rules and list in post 1

I canā€™t promise no CCBS, but Iā€™ll try to limit it more than usual. How do you feel about system? I donā€™t use it extensively, but I usually use it to fill out gaps that larger technic bits canā€™t reach.

System is totally fine by me as long as it plays only a minor role compared to Technic. I mean, I use it myself :stuck_out_tongue: My revamp of Furtaan is probably a good example for what Iā€™d deem still appropriate.

Rules and list in post 1

1 Like

OK, sounds good.

2 Likes

I swear I am working on my Makuta, I have actually already built a Makuta which looks ok, but I really donā€™t like it, it feels like a Brutaka reskin. Iā€™m going back to the drawing board, but I just wanted you to know that I am still going.

1 Like

This is what I have now, but itā€™ll be going through some major re-works. I think removing the Silver entirely is in the plans, as is redoing the arms, and extending the torso. Also, the propeller is a non-negotiable.

Im rather fond of the legs

Tell me what I should change before it can be accepted :sunny: (And it is already going to change a fair bit, since this is gonna be my last moc for the project and I want to do the best Moc I can.)

4 Likes

Those shouldersā€¦ but hey, itā€™s a Bionicle character, so even while they look weird theyā€™re perfectly ok. Still Iā€™d suggest adding something to the sides of the torso to make the T-shape just a little less pronounced. Maybe more of those piston things you used on the legs?

Otherwise looks a bit gappy and rough for modern standards, but I canā€™t deny that this guy looks very G1, which I can only appreciate.

Also more brown! Seems like I should start getting some more parts from bricklinkā€¦

Rules and list in post 1

3 Likes

Reminds me a lot of the Byarlant from the Gundam series

1 Like

Changed the torso drastically today; be as critical as you want so I can improve him. Still A work in progress of course, particularly the back

8 Likes
  • Shoulders definitely seem a lot better now - at least from this angle.
  • Arms could need some gold, too
  • Lower legs seem a little thin compared to how bulky the torso is above them
  • What about that exposed Hordika neck balljoint on the side of the lower torso?
  • And that outsticking pin on the side of the upper leg?
  • I guess the colour differences between left and right leg will be corrected eventually (to black and brown)?
  • Light gray liftarms on the upper legs stick out a bit colour wise
  • Outsticking crotch is weird in my opinion, but perfectly ok

Thatā€™s all I can presently think of.

Rules and list in post 1

3 Likes

Noted! Colours are not final by any means, and the arms will be completely re-done with zero sliver and more gold and brown

2 Likes

May I be assigned to the last available male Makuta?

@Toaofenergy

Sure. Iā€™ll put you on the list. Also make sure to read the rules if you havenā€™t already.

Rules and list in post 1
All Makuta are currently assigned

Quick question: would this work as a remake of Xoth? Itā€™s definitely better than the original, IMO, but is it too simplistic?

~W12~

2 Likes