The Brotherhood of Makuta - What About a Community MOC Project?

Unfortunately all Makuta are taken at the moment. Maybe some spots will open up again in the future, though, so maybe check back at a later point. Can’t promise anything, though.

Rules and list in post 1
All Makuta are currently assigned

Any final suggestions before I take pictures?

17 Likes

That’s an incredible MOC you got there. Awesome shaping and wonderful color distribution.

1 Like

@JayEH

Looking awesome! Also nice job on the wings.

Only things I can think of that kinda stick out to me are the brown hafts of his weapons - which are definitely ok since they are part of the weapons, but still stick out a bit colour wise. And then there’s the trans orange. From what I can tell it seems to be limited to the knees and shoulders? Honestly I think removing the orange might work best here.

Rules and list in post 1

Thanks!

I feel like the trans orange really helps to make him pop; I’ll try to sneak more of it into his torso to balance it out. I can probably put some on his hands as well. As for the handles, I might change them, I might not. I dunno yet.

@Gilahu

Edit:

Thoughts? I completely changed the elbows to incorporate more orange, plus added a heart light.

4 Likes

I don’t know - definitely feel free to build him the way you like him best, but personally I’d prefer just black and silver. But then I’m apparently one of the few people who really like just black/slver colour schemes…

Also neat workplace :stuck_out_tongue:
While by now I sort the important parts I often use in zip bags, too, I still heavily rely on everything being spread out on the floor…

Rules and list in post 1

2 Likes

That is an awesome moc, but I preferred it without the orange. I also think the wooden handles looked beast :stuck_out_tongue:
Very very impressive

1 Like

@Gilahu, I forgot, what’s your policy on custom masks, particularly 3d printed ones?

Recently added a rule regarding that to the first post. :wink:

But to answer your question right away:
Yes, you can use custom masks of whatever kind as long as they look good.

Rules and list in post 1

Reminders, people.

Everyone mentioned, please give this post a like to show me you’re still around and still going to participate. Those who don’t will be removed from the list in a month.

If you decide you’re not going to participate after all, please tell me and don’t give this post a like.

@ToaTumult, @jayzor17, @Kalmah_Ren, @Ghidora131, @Maarlfox, @LeKrahka, @EvilLobsterKing, @BrokenAxels, @Matanui606, @Windfall, @darkbrick999, @Abyss_Lockstrider, @Styrofoam, @ReeseEH, @Toa_Vladin, @Toaofenergy

If I got anything wrong, please tell me.

Rules and list in post 1

14 Likes

Chirox is finished, just trying to get a grey background to photograph him on. Haven’t had time with school to go buy one.

2 Likes

I’m still in, I just don’t have the time to make the moc yet.

2 Likes

My entry is getting there. I have a leg and waist design. Overall it’s planned out

2 Likes

Wish I could have seen this when I finished my Gorast moc forever ago XD

1 Like

im still here just a bit busy with suff

1 Like

School’s wrapping up, I can probably finish my entry soon.

1 Like

When you’re at uni and can’t order bricklink parts because they’re way cheaper back at home. In all seriousness I should update my Makuta if I can get those parts, I’ve got some good ideas but just need those pieces.

1 Like

hey the moc i was working on was taking up a lot of my time and i have this other one that is almost finished on it’s revamp any way so would i be able to use this one and all edits you want me to make can be done if i can do them. also if anyone wanted to know the blade on the chain was inspired by the blades of chaos from god of war

@Abyss_Lockstrider

So far so god, I’d say. I’d like to see a picture of the back before judging, though. I’d especially like to see the waist area, lower arms and lower legs from different angles.

Also for those who’re interested and don’t know already - the Brotherhood Project is now collaborating with Red Star Games (like everyone noteworthy from the Bionicle community seems to do by now, to be honest :stuck_out_tongue:).

This collaboration presently only takes place behind the scenes, but there’s a good chance that future Bionicle fan content will use the resources of the Brotherhood Project. Vice versa I might include ideas from people from there in the Brotherhood Project, but for anyone wanting to participate this presently changes nothing - but perhaps it gives some people the motivation to finally get their entry done. :wink:

Rules and list in post 1

5 Likes

Now I want to have an entry. But alas;

1 Like