The Brotherhood of Makuta - What About a Community MOC Project?

@Monopoly

Sure, I’ll put you on the list again.

@Kalmah_Ren

That is great improvement!
If you can manage, I think elongating the torso a bit would benefit the MOC. Otherwise maybe try to find something better for the front of the legs - the Ehlek claws stick out a little when viewed from the side and also don’t fit in very well in terms of texture. Those Bohrok gear things you use on the inward side of the lower legs I would remove, if you can. That… tail? also sticks out at a weird angle. Some smaller claw pieces might also look better as thumbs. Lastly, adding just a bit more dark red, especially to the leg/torso area might be a good idea.

@Antroz2007

Yes, you need to sign up since there’s a defined number of Makuta. Unfortunately the free have all been claimed again for the moment, so I can’t sign you up.

Rules and list in post 1
All Makuta are currently assigned

2 Likes

:sob::persevere: oof, i’m too late…
I knew I had to participate from before…

Ok so I have been working on my moc for a while and would like a second opinion. Here is where I am at so far.

I am trying to increase my moc in both size and complexity, but I think I am not doing the best job at the moment :joy:I bulked up the leg a lot but I don’t know if I like it. Which one do you guys prefer?

I also changed the design of the arm to make it bigger, but I don’t think I did it very well either :persevere: I am working with very limited pieces and will be ordering new ones shortly. I am planning on making a bigger torso to compliment the size of the arm and also figuring out a better way to attach the mask. (btw the original arm and leg are on the right side and the new ones are on the left)
I apologize for the sideways pictures, idk how that happened

3 Likes

Try opening the pictures in the correct orientation with Paint and saving them there before uploading them. That’s at least how I fix sideways pictures.

I like the new leg design from the front, however it gets a little bulky towards the back, the tan plate behind the shin armor really doesn’t fit into teh colour scheme and that strapped on dark red ball socket piece on the side also doesn’t look very good.

The lower arm/ hand looks more complicated than it has to be.
Have you tried attaching the Piraka feet as hands like this:

Adding a thumb should be a pretty simple thing then, too.

Rules and list in post 1

2 Likes

To make sure that I’m not treading on anyone else’s toes… does a “master of surveillance” Makuta exist already?

Unfortunately yes - and that one is active until around the time of the Great Cataclysm.

If it’s an option for you, we could still need some kind of Communications officer for official stuff, though. Or a head propagandist. Although come to think of it those two could be combined…
If you want to use these please tell me so I can reserve them for you.

Rules and list in post 1

Mines all done apart from the mask. I need one that’s black. What can you think of?

1 Like

Hard to tell without knowing what the MOC looks like. Maybe you could even try a custom head?

Rules and list in post 1

Here’s the Moc:

Don’t be thrown off by the ball neck, I can easily swap it out for a socket neck.

5 Likes

The feet are too small, IMO.

Yeah, I’m working on that.

1 Like

@Monopoly

Looking good!

The ball neck does look like it’s sticking out a bit too much, though.

In terms of a mask I’d actually go for a silver one. A Shelek (either Noble or Great) might look good (you’d have to say it’s a different mask in the backstory, though). However, if you can figure out a good-looking custom head that might work the best.

If you want a black mask, though, Mistika Pakari, Kraahkan or Stronius’ helmet might work (in all these cases you’d have to make it a different mask in the backstory).

Rules and list in post 1

I don’t have the Stronius helmet but I’ve got all the others so I’ll see which one looks best.

You said something about not allowing any masks that appeared like a Kraakhan, didn’t you?

1 Like

So I’ve honestly taken way too long on this and I might never, so here’s what I’ll do

if I don’t have any progress made in a week, I’m out

1 Like

That’s purely concerning backstory stuff. What I mean with that is that you aren’t allowed to say “He wears a Kanohi X that’s shaped like a Kraahkan”.

Rules and list in post 1

1 Like

Well it’s been nine days

My only request is that whoever takes over the Makuta I had try and create the one Gilahu asked me to make - a Makuta who banished his inner darkness but died even prior to the Matoran Civil War.

Good luck, y’all. It’s been fun.

1 Like

Wait, so you are out? I want to make that makuta plz! I really wanted but saw there were no more place,sooo, can I make that one?

@Ghidora131

Alright, I’ll remove you from the list, then.

Actually I’ve been thinking about this one and by now feel like that wasn’t such a good idea after all… So I’d rather not have someone picking up that idea again. At least not to its full extent. A Makuta discovering how you could naturally become a being of light/shadow might work, though - I just don’t want an actual Makuta of Light in the main universe.

@Toa_Radrix

Well, guess I can put you on the list then. Make sure to read teh rules if you haven’t already.

Rules and list in post 1

2 Likes

I read the rules, thanks, I’m in my work!
Made this part of the MOC, I want to make it dark blue and normal blue both,with a little mix of grey, I hope the pictures aren’t too bad, made them quick, and I’ll like any mask recomandations.

3 Likes