The CCBS Improvement topic

They should keep connections but rework shells in more BIONICLE-ish style… like the newly featured add-ons(inspired by Vahki legs) on them.

3 Likes

The armor should feel like they’re biomechanical. And if they can capture that feel, the sets will be more succesful.

I think the thing that CCBS needs most of all right now is a new waist piece. The Toa’s torsos, which have to attach to the standard torso piece, are gappy, have the shoulders placed awkwardly back, and expose a lot of pieces. I’d like to see LEGO make a dedicated waist element, with some TECHNIC holes and a balljoint to attach a chest plate (or a waist joint) but that leaves room for the gearbox to look more natural.

3 Likes

I actually kinda like the smoother look…
@Hawkflight Yeah, a new waist piece would be great.

But what if new BIONICLE isn’t “biomechanical” :open_mouth:
I should make topic about this…

1 Like

Bionicle never stood for Bio-mechanical.
It’s always stood for Biological Chronicle.
(I used to think the same thing for a long time)
It’d be funny if it was Bio-Mechanical, but it’d end up being, BIONICAL.

But, on the subject of an improvement for the CCBS system, I believe that they should start creating more diverse ways of creating a body piece. I feel it’s to simple.

What if they were to cut it into 2 parts?
That could open up the same possibilities the Inika build brought us.
It’d be more customizable,
They could even include, Ab Movement.
What do you guys think?

Edit:

I thought you meant the name, not the species… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah, those pieces are great. I though they resembled the Mata torso more than anything else.

2 Likes

Well, they were INITIALLY designed to be like a Vaki leg…

1 Like

So today, I added a CCBS shell to a MOC. That was the only CCBS piece, though.

Anyways, I think CCBS should have more custom pieces. Like, most of the time, we have these shells. But that’s about it. Shells and bones. We need way more variety (besides weapons).

4 Likes

Say, speaking about textured clip-ons, why not LEGO add multiple organic shells based off of the Piraka legs?l
Also, regarding shell clip-ons, why not Metru clip-ons entirely? The redesigned CCBS Toa metru would be nice.

1 Like

How do I think CCBS could be improved, you ask?

More types of armor.
Less focus on texture, more focus on actual models. While I love the new sets, if they would just spend less time and money on molds for new armor add on, and more time and money on the actual models, I think we would be better off.
And more bone types, with different everythings :3

2 Likes

More bone types? I can see right angled bones being a thing…

4 Likes

BIONICLE system: Armor and bones, plus some technic stuff.

CCBS: Armor and bones, plus some technic stuff.

I presume that what you want is more devices that are designed for TECHNIC holes.

3 Likes

Perhaps. Or more variation for the shells, and more stuff to put on them.

Perhaps make it more easily compatible to classic BIONICLE’s build.

1 Like

Or wait 15 years (or, if we’re lucky, 30) and everyone that cares about making CCBS compatible with BIONICLE will be an extreme(ly vocal) minority.

But yeah. Ideas for more textured shells have been thrown out there, and we’re sort of getting that with add ons. We already have two or three standard add-ons (although only one has really been in mass production) to match the three or so primary BIONICLE armor pieces.

2 Likes

I agree mang
Many different everythings for all!

2 Likes

Wait, so do you want more armour/armour add-ons? You seem to be saying two different things here…

CCBS totally needs some of these parts in mass production. So many MOCing possibilities!

12 Likes

Yeah basically those types of bones is what I mean.

About the armor, I just mean both.

But if you want LEGO to spend more money on models, you can’t realistically expect them to keep churning out new armour variants.

1 Like

Unfortunately, no. I suppose that could have gone just as well in the “unrealistic wishes for BIONICLE” topic.

2 Likes