The CCBS Topic

I wouldn’t quite say that. Sand blue and dark/light bley look pretty different to me.

Fair point.

It looks greyer then it does blue
and I do not like that.

I think it might be lighting because the sand blue pieces I have look much more blue

Well, do you want more bland grey?

I have a sand blue color from 2004, if it’s that color, it’s not going to be that grey.

how do you know?
we don’t have sand blue ccbs in hand.

and how do you know they haven’t changed it?

They wouldn’t make a whole new version of sand blue for CCBS and I have sand blue cheese slopes from Grievous’s wheel bike that came out last year (I think)

1 Like

They have remade certain colours for ccbs before (silver)
So what makes you think they won’t do the same

The silver was a change that affected all the themes. It wasn’t CCBS specific in any way.

There is absolutely no logical reason why they’d change sand blue’s hue.

1 Like

Because a similar colour, burnt orange, was not recreated and silver was remade for all of Lego not just for CCBS so the sand blue on my G.W.B. would have been changed

Before someone takes credit for what I said before, the pistols can mount to his legs, and the missile on his backpack is a flick fire missile :wink:

4 Likes

oddly enough, it appears they missed the lighter blue on the helmet.

How? I don’t see any side connection points.

2 Likes

Those weird pieces that come in Onua to attach the hordika necks to the gear box are mounted to the back of his thighs and the blue pins on the pistols plug into them

1 Like

http://board.ttvpodcast.com/uploads/db5640/18316/9aefbef086c68cc6.jpg
As @StudentScissorsLeaker explained, those pieces are on his upper less, and it appears the pistols can mount on to them. As for the flick fire, if you look, there is a axle with a flat end to push it ;D

5 Likes

The basic idea: he uses the Lightsaber Sheath method on the three characters with control over the force.

For all those interested, here’s the video 360 view:

https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/589491220881117184

Also, do we know if Jango’s pistols will have pieces that can attach as handles when the Westars are holstered?

I don’t think the we will :cry:

1 Like

sees jango and cody for the first time
“what cool sets”

sees jangos feet aren’t filled in, and his back legs aren’t filled in
“hynaaaaagh”

Sees codys back legs not filled in
“lego why”

This was my first reaction to the sets

Boo
boo.

my second reaction was the noticing of lego making the parts used on onuas shoulders in brown (not the glatorian necks, the parts attached to the glatorian neck) to attach his guns on jango.

4 Likes

except black and grey are neutral colors that don’t affect a color scheme, if having black or grey make color schemes inconsistent than all G1 toa have terrible color schemes.

3 Likes

Though I don’t find them as terrible as Manatees24_7 puts it, but the reason why the G1 Toa’s colour schemes weren’t inconsistent, was because not only were the black and grey parts neutral colours, they were spread out evenly around the body, being a visible part of the colour scheme. You can say with confidence that Vakama, has a grey and red colour scheme

Whereas with the G2 toa, Lego tries to “hide” the black and grey parts with armor, making it seem like their bones are showing on the back of their bodies, and not really visible enough on the front of the set to become an actual part of the colour scheme. You can’t really say that Tahu’s colour scheme is red, orange, and black…

To me, it’s not really an issue, because it gives them a sort of robotic look to them, but when the main colour scheme is very bright and vibrant (Tahu’s red and orange), then the black bones do seem out of place.

3 Likes