The CCBS Topic

That’s great to hear. I want to pick up a few of XSZ’s sets. I saw your XSZ Grevious Review on Eurobricks and the set definitely looks like a good parts pack.

2 Likes

I think the thing about CCBS is CCBS can be good, but mostly it’s good when integrated well with the existing parts library.

For CCBS to develop, Lego needs to do more of what they’ve started doing with Bionicle: Bridging the gap between CCBS and technic.

They just need to make the large majority of the 3D Shapeway molds official pieces in CCBS, instead of us forking in 10-40 Euros for just one piece…cause by the very existence of this site and the desire for this pieces warrants their official release.

I would like to see more use made out the bar and stud connections. The detail possibilities there are even greater than pin or axle connections, although those would be nice as well.

4 Likes

I think that CCBS is a fine system by itself. However, current LEGO price-ranges prevent most mainstream sets from taking full advantage of what the system has to offer.

2 Likes

As a purist, I have but one thing to say.

/s

2 Likes

Its more like this with our community in terms of how we treat people that like (insert name here) building system.

We are all Heretics! RUN!

Finally… A voice of reason…

6 Likes

So…more expensive sets is the answer?

1 Like

Well, look at the star wars sets.

Part of them being a bit more expensive is due to them being licensed sets, though.

1 Like

There is a difference from kids who dont have much money and want to buy sets and older fans who do have money but want complex sets cause of it…I rather kids be able to buy them from their own pocket money while also not being to simplistic in design. A balance of both if you will.

1 Like

CCBS is my primary MOCing system, as it has the larger parts I like to use. So, for all those who are old system enthusiasts, I hope you don’t find me.

CCBS is what has forged my memory of Bionicle. It is versitile, accepting of new pieces because of it’s “blank slate”-aesthetic. With the old sets, I would take them apart, hoping to create something new. It didn’t invite me to MOC. CCBS, on the other hand, coaxes me to fix that small nick in the armor. It appears as an easily customizable system, which for some, means they use that system as their primary MOC platform, so to speak.

1 Like

I just laughed out loud for several minutes. This is even better then all the Civil War jokes we did. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes and no. See below.

Affordability is a very important factor for LEGO sets. I’m not denying that. I just wish that LEGO had 60$-80$ price ranges for Constraction sets. I’m willing to bet that sets of that size would look excellent out-of-the-box and would hopefully silence many of the CCBS naysayers out there.

2 Likes

I want to see some CCBS limbs in Mata Blue and Green Lantern Green.

1 Like

Am I just bad with pieces, or does anyone else have the occasional problem with CCBS parts randomly breaking? I just noticed that my 2015 Lewa (which I haven’t done much with) has a nasty crack on the joint of his head and that I need to get the part replaced asap.

It happens if you’re rough with taking apart the sockets. Don’t take them off by shifting it to the side; pop them off straight with your fingers squeezing firmly against both sides of the socket

2 Likes

I could probably count on one hand how many CCBS pieces I have broken just out of mistreatment, but for whatever reason every single yellow joint on Aquagon was dead in a few weeks, though the rest of those pieces in my collection are fine.

2 Likes

What’s weird is that, yes, quite a few of the standard pieces from Hero Factory sets a cracked from excessive mocing and overall carelessness, but the Bionicle sets I’ve only taken apart once. It surprises me that Lewa already has a crack like that…

1 Like

Something might have gone wrong during the molding process and you just got a bad one.

1 Like