The Cliffhorse Crew: Rebirth

“And this, ladies and gentlemen, is Risebell. A troll worse than TMM, he feeds off of attention, and fails to commit to anything. Rather than face the consequences of his actions, he prefers to play things off as if it were a joke.”

11 Likes

Don’t misinterpret, it was no ‘joke’
I just don’t want Pot8o spamming my skype.

2 Likes

Good ol’ t8 for ya. XD

RIP in peace.

(Guys, let’s find a way to spam him. Who’s with me? Yarrgh!)

Of course I’m joking! Do you really think I would care to spam him?

On the other hand. I’ve shown Slime a MOC of t8o and himself. What I haven’t shown him is the combo. :wink:
Yeah, but the major reason fo its existence is to help revive the CHC. I like their content, and, simply put, it isn’t great to stare at a dead channel.
Pirean, you idiot! They just made a new video!
Oh, right. :new_moon_with_face:

1 Like

This isn’t really CHC related, per-say, but there really isn’t anywhere else for this to go.

Nyran and Matt did a Reunion Special of MOC Advice on Matt’s channel. Neither of them can advertise it because they’re not Masters, so I figured I’d do it.

Enjoy n stuff.

10 Likes

I’d rather take a cyanide pill.

8 Likes

[quote]The terrible, terrible TTV Message Boards
[/quote]
Sounds Legit

6 Likes

All him

Note that I never say that I agree with any of his claims.

8 Likes

#I am sorry.
I tried to put this into a video, uploads didn’t work.
I’ll have to put it here, because everyone has a right to know this.
I’m going to be spilling the group beans, I’ll be spilling my own beans. It’s going to be like a DramaAlert filled thing.

As of note. I have served in the CHC during the Metru Nui Build Crew days, and around the time of the 3rd Podcast or so I think.
But, I’ve seen many of Matt’s livestreams.
Those things where like a peak inside the drama.

Scar left on his own after an argument. It was sad to see him go. He had a lot of experience in the world of Youtube content, and his editing was amazing.
Matt left after a falling out with Slime/Oculus. A “If he doesn’t leave, I leave” was pulled. I will not mention who by, but Matt got fed up and left.
Risebell either left on his own, or was kicked. I wasn’t there.
Jason got kicked for some stupid reason.
I think Dylan left.
Bioraiders left.
WajKnight is dead.

Behind the scenes, the drama was way too high. The amount of arguments we had was far too many. It call boiled down to a few topics: Content, Goals, Motivation, Drama. It involved a lot of “you aren’t cool any more” kind of stuff. It involved a lot of “Why aren’t you providing things” and a conflict of the channel’s direction. Either aspiring to be big, or doing it for fun. It was also people just shouting at each other to produce things, instead of producing it together. It really didn’t feel like a team of people, but a bunch of people posting things on the same channel occasionally doing colabs.

No content has been made since X-COM. No one other then me to what I understand, has tried to make anything. I’ve attempted to get the gang back together for things like CHC: High School Anime, only John and Nyran responded, with Brian only recently coming back from fixing his skype. No one has tried to do anything. IMO, the Family Friendly idea is horrible. It doesn’t need to be there. I remember, Oculus and Vuhii where going to be creating “Game time with Oculus and Oculus” once. They where going to play Dark Sector.
That never happened.
We had the final episode of Science with Roseball in production, ready for filming. Hell, I think we got some of it filmed. We spent so long building the set for it, it was going to be amazing. A true send-off for the series.
That never happened.
The CHC Movie was a tale about pirates, slavery, all this cool stuff in G-MOD, while poking fun and parodying many of today’s films.
That never happened.
CHC: The Highschool Anime was going to be, the best thing the channel had to offer. I was in call with the guys scripting the first episode. That was, the best call I have ever had in skype. It was amazing, it was so positive, we all really loved what we where working on here, everyone was proud of this script, it was pretty much a work of art.
That never happened, I tried to get it to happen again. One response, and one response only.

Here’s my beans.
I haven’t published much content for the channel, everyone knows this. However, I have produced. But, I was very, very scared of it being bad, of it not being okay. Nyran Cereal was an attempt to see how my style of content would play out, it got a positive response. Beef’s Lunch was removed within minutes of posting, and it was a test to see if the content would last. It was removed, so that is self-explanatory.

Everyone had plans to do things, no one did them. The organizing throughout the whole thing was horrible. I’m a school captain, I’m ranked in Cadets. I basically live to organize people. Can confirm, the schedule and way everyone organized things was horrible. I never voiced my opinion because once again, I was scared. I never really felt I was worth it, or that my opinion would immediately backfire at me and I would get destroyed upon speech.

People just haven’t been trying. In some of the other chats, people who I shall not name have just been saying it’s dead, with no actual attempt to do anything with it. Just saying it’s dead. People who said the’ll try to do something, haven’t. There has been no drama, because no one has been active.

Everything is dead.

I was going to do one last thing for the channel before I declared it dead, but I realized no one would try for that either. I was going to completely re-write CHC Civil War, and track people down to voice for it in an audiobook kind of way, release 2 chapters monthly.

A lot of back talking occurred, I’ve seen some of the worst parts of it. I was really disappointed, in myself, in everyone. That people have gone this low. That everything has sunk to this.

I would like to repeat this.
#I am sorry.

Everyone has a right to know.
This is my chronicle of the CHC’s drama and downfall. This is my opinion on it, and this is my own story and point of view.

I, am very, very sorry.

I am not defending anyone.
But this is what happened, in what I think is the most un-bias way you will get.

This is an example of people to follow, on how not to run a channel.

18 Likes

Usually when I talk about CHC, I joke about how it was the worst and best decision I have ever made
I realise that like, its not even a joke anymore

Honestly, I have a lot of regrets, in particular one was being on board with getting Matt kicked, another was letting Rise, turn into one of the worst people ive ever known

Anyways, since you have told your side of the story, let me tell mine
I have been here since day 1
I was here since the metru nui days, in fact I was the third person to join the realm iirc, I have seen the creation, progression, the downfall, the attempt at revival and the final downfall
throughout 90% of this, I was inable to provide content, firstly due to being nervous of speaking, due to being quite young, and my voice being high pitched
another problem was my lack of skill in editing, creating videos, etc
I tried my best to help out, but honestly, there wasn’t much I could do other then help people with ideas.

The drama was with our inability to cooperate with one another

For example, when Calvatron got kicked, we were seperated into two groups
the one group that wanted cal out, and the other that wanted cal to stay
I personally believe THAT was when we started going downhill
Honestly, the first part of hosting a community channel is to be able to cooperate with one another, its hard to make content whilst hating each other.

For the entirety of CHC, no one knew each others timezones, we mostly just did stuff when people were online.

I unfortunately was absent for a lot of drama
In specific, the time Cal was kicked (I woke up with a cup of hot choc and noticed we had like, 1000+ messages in one chat, and a new cliffhorse chat)
and another time was when scar just like, left due to an argument
I wasn’t in CHC then, due to exams/other stuff

Throughout CHC, I felt very out of place, I wasn’t there because I was “useful”
hell, I have no skills other then being able to make MOC’s
when I was finally able to speak, CHC basically died out, due to the only people who created content leaving.

beforethen, I did speak a little, I recall this one time when we made a MOC advice with Rise, Oculus and myself.
it was honestly the best thing I was in, and one of the only things I was in
I loved it.

I regret a lot, I was absent for a lot, I should have spoken out/known better
CHC has some of my biggest regrets, and some of my favourite memories

I remember when we first made the metru nui skype chat, I remember the creation of the cliffhorse club, I remember when we first started making content
Hell, I made the gmail for the cliffhorse channel that we currently use, because rise forgot the password to the first channel.
I made a lot of friends, and I miss a lot of my friends
honestly, I miss the club being active, now its just become absolute cancer.
I mean, it was cancer before, but to a lesser extent
I miss the activity, I miss everyone.

I want the old days to come back, I want everything to come back to what it usually was.

I miss rise
The old rise, the friendly, kind rise, the guy that was nice to everyone, and helped everyone out
Honestly
I kinda miss matt, even though I didn’t know him fully well, other then bias comments passed by by other members.
I just knew he was a jerk, I didn’t talk to him at all.

That went off into a ramble

I didn’t learn anything when it comes to video making, like Rise did
but I made a lot of friends, managed to make a personality that wasn’t absolute cancer
I also evolved as a MOCist, but that really isn’t much that the CHC contributed to.

Those are my thoughts on CHC as a whole
I didn’t really do much, but I did observe a lot of it.

9 Likes

I’d rather not write and post a novel of what all happened as what needed to be said already was said. However, I feel I need to tell my side of the story, my apologies, and my regrets.

First I would like to clear a couple of things up that Beef has said.

[quote=“PorkZDealer, post:177, topic:11303”]
Risebell either left on his own, or was kicked. I wasn’t there.
[/quote]Risebell left on his own accord, when he asked to come back, we refused.

[quote=“PorkZDealer, post:177, topic:11303”]
Matt left after a falling out with Slime/Oculus. A “If he doesn’t leave, I leave” was pulled. I will not mention who by, but Matt got fed up and left.
[/quote]Matt left hours after Risebell because he believed the channel was hopeless.

I joined the Metru-Nui Build Crew in September, I remember being scared of asking to join because I knew Nyran, Rise, and Matoro (AKA the cool and popular people at the time) were all in there. I ended up asking and got accepted. After seeing a picture on a topic that had a computer screen in the background with a Skype call and Nyran and Pot8o’s avatars on it, I decided to ask if I could be added into the Skype chat as well.
All of this I did because I saw the opportunity to make new friends and have fun, I had no desire to become popular or to stand at a high place.

I was there for it all, I remember the planning of Unity, Duty, and Destiny Days. I remember the livestream we had for Destiny Day, we had Kahi, Meso, Exx, and Viper all in one call for some time, it was like a dream come true. At the end of the day, it was just us and Kahi, we ended the stream and were just talking; it was then that we decided to make our own channel.

From start to end I did this for fun, I never had any desire to be popular. All I wanted was to be part of the community, I didn’t care if I was “famous” (whatever that even amounts to), just that I could fit in with the group of people that I feel most comfortable with.

At one point, we even had a chat with quite a few TTV members in it. I remember having calls with Eljay, Meso, or Kahi, it was surreal considering not long ago I was just a simple fan with no way to interact with TTV other than their comment sections. Then, mistakes were made, paranoia kicked in, misunderstandings were had, and everything we built up with TTV pretty much fell apart.
This is one of the things I look back at with so much regret. I don’t care that TTV is popular or that they have a big Youtube channel, I just thought that they were genuinely enjoyable people to be around and to talk with. And to lose that contact that I had with them for some stupid mistakes that I didn’t even make was a huge shame and makes me look back with such regret.

So if this is the last I’ll ever have to say on the matter of CHC and TTV, I would simply say that I am so sorry. I am sorry Eljay, I am sorry Kahi, I am sorry Varderan, I am sorry Mesonak, I am so, so sorry for all of the trouble that was caused to you.

The reason I have given up on this channel is that I have no motivation to do it anymore, and I know that continuing this mess is only going to make things worse. This whole channel took a heavy mental toll on many of its members, including me. At this point, I have decided to put it behind me as something in my past and move on. Sadly this has proved difficult as some people have refused to let CHC go, including ex-CHC members, which has led to me wanting to break away from CHC more and more. Everyone used to call me the patient one, the one who kept the peace, but the CHC managed to break that down many times, and I fear it’s left too many permanent marks that I can no longer be affiliated with the channel or its content.

So, do I regret everything from day one? No, I don’t.
Without the CHC I would have never had some of my greatest memories, and I never would have met my greatest friends. I regret many of the things that happened, but not everything.

The Cliffhorse Crew is still here, and as long as Slime, Vuhii, Waj, Beef, Nyran, Pot8o, and I are still on this earth, the Crew will be together. Sure, the channel will not be active anymore, but the Cliffhorse Crew isn’t just a YouTube channel, it’s a family.
My closing statements on the Cliffhorse Crew Channel, and all that has happened, is this:

I am so sorry.
And thank you.

8 Likes

beef lives in another dimension you uncultured swine
(jk, jk, luv u)

3 Likes

I know, I know… I was dead for nearly half a year now… I hadn’t talked in the Skype chat at all after the Destiny Day Livestream went up. And I never mentioned what was up with ‘What A Joke!’.

But, with everyone finally vocalizing their opinions, I think it’s about time I elaborated on just why I died….

At first, it was because I thought that I could be more productive if I didn’t check Skype. Which was a simple, yet terrible idea. As weeks and months passed by and ‘What A Joke!’ never got closer to being finished. I found it unhelpful to stay in the dark, but even when I did return to Skype, I still kept silent. Maybe it was because I kept thinking: “I’m not going to speak to anyone in the CHC chat until I have something to put onto the channel”. But that mentality wasn’t the only thing that kept me away from chatting.

I think it also had to do with the general atmosphere surrounding the group. No one seemed as keen on doing anything anymore. Of course everyone had their reasons, (probably school/work related), and that was fine. But, it seemed like things had changed from happy-silly-goofy-fun-times-with-friends to a barren wasteland of complaints and reorganizational schemes from people trying to be more professional-like.

I remember when I joined the group, it was tons of fun. There were Skype calls everyday, where people were playin’ Smash Bros. 3DS. We had calls where we watched Nickelodeon’s Guts, and Legends of the Hidden temple, and betted on which team would win. And man, I had the greatest time talking to Oculus after the 200 sub celebration video. I felt like I really made a new friend that day. I mean, that’s what I really wanted to do in the beginning — make friends. I wasn’t super interested in making content for the channel. But I wanted to have people I could talk to — a group to share fun times with. But I really screwed up on that end when I stopped talking to everyone. But, it kinda seemed like everyone stopped talking to each other in general.

I am incredibly sorry to everyone for not speaking up when the content stream dried up, and when times got bleak. I just wanted to have fun. I think posting this has made me feel like I can talk again.

Yeah, buddy :smile:.

The CHC will live on, in our friendship!

5 Likes

i used to think, “why wasn’t I at least considered to join this crew of dudes im friends with?”

I look back at it now, and im happy to say I’m glad I wasn’t a part of this.

4 Likes

A lot of people sharing memories about the CHC and think the best way to sum it up would be the following;

‘CHC was a collection of great ideas and great friends that sadly had a lot of background events that got in the way’

From its humble beginnings as the building of a Metru Nui map on a Minecraft server a Skype group soon formed, one that introduced me to many of my friends on the boards that i sadly don’t have contact with. The Metru Nui livestream coupled with the idea of many of us interacting with our idols at the time from TTV encouraged us that we should do something to acknowledge the events on the message boards and generally work together as a group of friends to do things.

While the Metru Nui map continued to drift in and out of focus even after the channels death - the main problem was always keeping focus. Having a core group of friends work together is fun and exciting, but getting them organised and working on something was complicated. Made more difficult due to virtually none of us being in the same timezone.

When the Youtube channel idea was formed the idea was simply to celebrate the TTV message boards and to have fun as a group of friends who met on the boards together discussing whatever we wanted and having a laugh. It started off well with a few podcasts and videos, however it soon became apparent that timezones were going to be an issue along with the question of what we should do.

Many ideas were thrown around at the time, several of which ended up becoming a thing on the channel - however it ended up hitting a bump when only a couple of us could record. Many ideas spread around at this time about what we could do, but nobody really had an idea and for a while it flip flopped between the channel and the minecraft server.

A lot of the earlier content was recorded, edited and uploaded via myself making me CHC’s silent editor - due to me being in a different timezone and unable to record audio most the time. Before others managed to get their recording content sorted - which sparked a more productive time for the channel as it branched out into parodies, reviews, Minecraft stuff and Spooky Scary Ultron. It was the more friendly and fun time of the channel where we were all hyped for Christmas and Bionicle

This sparked the birth of several videos created by the other CHC members of the channel around Christmas 2014 including my AMV of ‘Machine’, a parody of the Grinch and Slime creating a Frozen parody. It was probably the highest point of friendship the CHC got to, everyone working together to do things and generally making fun videos that everyone could enjoy.

After that things unfortunately started to become less organised, after Christmas holidays everyone was back working or in education or simply with less time on their hands. Thus spawned the birth of much more random videos. With limited time available for a majority of CHC, i created Bionicle Abridged to try to include as many members of the Bionicle and CHC community as possible - however unfortunately that would be one of the last main collaborations of the CHC.

Shortly after members began to leave. I know quite a few people left including Indigogeek though Vuhii’s departure was the point where i started to become confused as to what was happening with the crew in general, as at that stage i was less active in the clubs and podcasts and as such had little knowledge as to why he left or the reasons behind things.

With me unable to interact due to IRL commitments, Nyran, Matt, Rise and Slime took up the mantle of uploading giving us Risebell Wednesdays, MOC advice, ForeverAloneCast. Though at this stage with the timezones and members leaving the CHC, they began searching for new members. Things from there got complicated. Several of the more active members who uploaded things either left or went on break or were simply removed from the CHC in votes that occurred when many members were not there - the handling of the Calvatron situation was also one of the worst aspects of the CHC and where things fell apart.

The main plan at that stage moved away from doing things for fun and started to stray into trying to make videos with many bigger ideas being put on the cards and things however it always seemed to be planning for several months down the line and given how tight schedules were for me, i got into a few arguments with members at the time where I’d been told we’d be doing something, cancelled some of my plans and spent hours or days in some cases waiting around to record with certain people who just didn’t come online.

As such, needing to focus on IRL - and so like Vuhii, i left with the idea of returning when people had sorted things out - however i was turned down from returning to the podcast when i tried to re-join later and since then my attempts to re-join the CHC were met with a similar response until the channel eventually died from lack of active people.

As of the moment my impression is that the current Cliffhorse Crew seems to be under the idea that the channel is effectively non-active with the idea that it could return but no real plans to have it return. While the channel itself may in truth be dead, the creativity of its members lives on in the videos and creative content being produced by its members - several of which are still trying to create content ideas that were introduced during the channels lifespan.

Its unfortunate that a lot of the members barely interact anymore and some seem to not interact with others at all. I’m still not sure why a lot of that is and why things seem to have turned out the way they have.

^ Essentially this.

I feel a lot of the members would actually want to do collaborations or just simply interact and talk with each other again as friends. I miss when we used to just chat nonsense about random Bionicle stuff or Star Wars or just have a call and fall into madness and rambling hilarity.

I miss all of that. I miss being able to come onto Skype and just be able to join a Skype call and hear members playing games or chatting randomly about things. I miss feeling like a member of the CHC, not the channel, but the friendship groups that it all started with.

8 Likes

Ooh boy we’re doing story time aren’t we

I joined CHC rather early on, right when G2 was announced, to discuss n things. Keep in mind this was before I was a moderator. We had a nice skype group, about 15 people, and it was fun for quite some time.

I was there for the first Destiny Day stream, which was interesting to say the least. We had some fun guests come on, and toured ppl around metru nui (RIP)

Funny enough I was one of the first people after that stream to suggest and push a podcast, and even brought it up in stream IIRC. I devoted a lot of time early on to organizing the first couple podcasts, from topic schedules, to cast lists (so we didn’t screw up our name order lol) and a lot of the awful, awful paint.net images in the first few were made by me.

I went through a lot of crazy stuff in call, from sprinting up a mile hill in call, to driving in call (more than once). Heck, I even clipped my phone to my Target radio while moving carts and would be in call in the parking lot lol.

Not really sure what happened per say, but a lot of conflicts came up. School was at its highest pressure, I had been working toward Eagle Scout, and I had recently become a moderator. My podcast appearances became less and less frequent, and let’s just say my personality didn’t mix well with a few other members. Bleh, stuff happens. One of my last contributions was a pretty great parody song IMO, and another one titled “All I want for Christmas is Tahu” was in the works. Pretty sure I recorded it and everything, not sure where it went.

Anyway, in short, my time with CHC has been a mixed bag, there’s been some ups and downs, but hey, I met some good buds, and even (almost) met a few of em IRL (@Political_Slime @OculusNuva). Maybe a podcast wasn’t the best idea in the end, maybe it was, heck idk I’m just some chump. All that matters is that I feel I helped to found what ya’ll have now, which is pretty swell.

-Indi, Master of Babes, “The Grinder”, manager of Walmart

6 Likes

It’s funny in hindsight

but man

it is kinda cringe that this was an issue at all.

But sure enough, for us, it was.

5 Likes

That’s the issue with a podcast made of 12 people

3 Likes

Well, I suppose your end was saddening.

To be fully honest, I was ready with 3 MOC pairs to send for MOC advice, but losing my account, going on hiatus due to exams, vacations, and etc. really sidetracked it all.

I feel a bit narcissistic about it, but the possibility of posting my MOCs earlier could’ve helped the channel live a bit longer.

On the other hand, I as a viewer enjoyed the content. It had humor. It had human qualities. At its peak, it had actual humanity behind it.

Hell, its existence practically shaped the person on the boards I am today.

The CHC is more than just a simple youtube channel; it’s a living, breathing group of great individuals, all ready with brilliant ideas and great concepts. It’s sad to see you guys die, but may you live on in the hearts of many.

2 Likes

reading this was an experience

4 Likes