The Collapse of an Empire | RP Topic

“Then you did what was right,” Candall states.

Marybird continues her song of sorrow. “Indeed. I wonder if Versing really cares 'bout our culture. He seems thirst’n for blood.”

Siansa looks at Candall and rhetorically asks, “When is wiping out a people well beyond your borders protection? That line was already crossed by the Isotixian King. I just hope you know where you stand on it.”

Siansa watches the sky, and beings walking towards the aligned stars. She looks at the rest getting her steed and Ashkey’s leading them by the reigns.

“It appears the stars are guiding us this way, best we follow them before someone else gets there before us.”

“I didn’t say it was,” Candall replied in defense. “Hence my question. Versing is going too far.”

Siansa raises an eyebrow, “It’s not an if, it’s a line in the stone that was hastily covered over. Brushed away with sand hoping no one would see it for what it was. Your king surely has gone too far… which is why I appalled that he still reigns.”

Reyna walked through the woods, still cooling down from the argument with Marybird. She kicks a small pebble, and it flies into the brush, where Reyna sees a spot where a creature had obviously passed through. She considers for a moment, then goes to follow the trail. Surely, hunting would calm her down, she thought, and she could bring back food for the group as an apology afterwards.

Candall becomes still, and stares coldly at Siasa. “Lassie, look at these old human eyes. Do you think, in all my years, I wouldn’t recognize tyranny? Yer preaching to the choir. Me own friend died in front of me, torn apart by wolves. I’m not ignorant to terror. The world is all too wicked, all too torn apart for me to not understand. I know all too well the evil of Versing.”

1 Like

“The world only becomes more terrifying with clearer understanding,” Ernesto quietly Replied, as he watched the fuzzy outlines of strange, ethereal beings walking past them to places unknown.

1 Like

Siansa looks at him, “Then it’s a recurring problem.”

She walks away leading the two horses she’s leading by the reigns with her.

“Yes,” Marybird says in reply for her spouse. “Hence why I am so 'gainst spilling more blood. It cries from the land, both victim and villain. Will the blood of Versing, or Bloodfang, really satisfy the lost voices? Or will they keep on cry’n? Perhaps the best way to silence them is to bring peace to the living.”

1 Like

“A noble disposition to have, but one that I cannot share. The sickness of foul Bloodfang extends far beyond the material realm that you and your husband occupy. I must root out the source of this madness as a farmer does a weed. Only then may I slumber.”

Oire nods and sighs.

1 Like

“So the death of Lord Bloodfang is your lullaby?” Marybird begins to slowly bring out a note with her violin bow.

Then I sing upon this lullaby,
strung by Bloodfang’s dulcet pause,
in hopes it may edify
Hear this cause, hear this cause, hear this cause!
Your rest is nigh.

1 Like

“I’m not sure it’s that simple,” Ernesto replied, quickly steeping out of the way for one of the thousands of shadowy beings walking away from their destination.

1 Like

“Oh, I know,” Marybird says. “The words at first sound too easy. Dwell on them. Keep singing the song dozens and dozens of times. They start to change 'round meanings.”

“So where exactly are you leaving from?” Ernesto inquired, stopping in front of two of the creatures.

“He wouldn’t understand,” said the leftmost figure to the other.

“How do I put this?” Said the other, attempting to find words that Ernesto would understand,“We are Pilgrims.”

“Pilgrims? What sort?” Asked Ernesto.

“I told you he wouldn’t understand,” growled the spirit on the left.

1 Like

Envarus scoffs at this. “If any king were truly divinely appointed then whatever Gods may have done so must enjoy suffering. The closest I have seen to divine governance was in the holy dynasty and the corruption there was spreading through the ranks. Almost all the way to the angels.”

He then gets somewhat irritated trying to see the stars through the trees. “I’m going to get a clearr look.” He says, using the magic of the Eagle to fly upward.

“Maybe it’s beyond our understanding?” Candall asks. “Maybe the divines know better than we?”

“So the divines saw evil in the peaceful Starwalkers, but appoint such as Bloodfang or Versing as such just rulers?” Envarus calls from the treetops. “To say that they are divinely appointed is to say that such slaughter is divinely appointed as well. In which case, why are you fighting Bloodfang?”

“Because he does the things you have said,” Candall replies. “You are right. These men are could not divinely appointed. Versing contradicts everything the Tuatha De Denaan teaches. He is more like a Fomorian!”

“Are you walking to something or from something?” Ernesto tried to ask, but was ignored as the two creatures walked past him.