The Collapse of an Empire | RP Topic

“Oh nooooo, you’re asking me for love advice?”
She laughed to herself before setting the note down and getting back to cleaning out her limbs

The letter was in a simple white envelope, with a red wax seal on the back, with a clawmark in it. When he would break the seal, the letter inside would be written in careful flowing script, and read thus.

Greetings Aldrich!
I hope you are doing well. I’m sure you’ll be happy to know I have, (Though you may already know) I’ve found a place to hole up in on the edge of dwarven territory, in a little town where the dwarven and Dragopian boarders meet. Apparently, the town had been set upon by various Brigands the past couple months, but since I arrived, the attacks have stopped. I guess I’m scarier than I thought! I do intend to try and hunt down these criminals and bring them to justice once I get the chance. Thanks to my apparent attractiveness however, I’ve also somehow managed to acquire a room almost free of charge. Best as I can tell, the owner’s daughter apparently seems to have taken a liking to me, and convinced her father to let me board for free. I tried to pay, but he wouldn’t have it. She’s good looking enough, but I’ve never been particularly attracted to other species, sad to say. Also, about my scale, is scrying two ways? I don’t claim to know much about magic. Anyway, take care of yourself, and be sure to tell me if you need any assistance.

Your friend and compatriot,

Clawripper

1 Like

In her travels, Reyna reaches a clearing. She sees that much of it was ashen, burnt. She bends down and touches some of the ash, bringing her fingers up to look at.

She sees rubble. Ash. A fire had burnt this, whatever it was. A building. Was it somewhere important to her? She felt something. Fear? Anger? Sadness?
Heat. The fire was fresh. Whatever happened was recent. And whatever did it must still be near. Trackable

She stood up and looked at the ash in the entire clearing. In it, she saw more tracks. She set out to follow them. This beast was obviously dangerous.

1 Like

Siansa finishes dressing into the white flower dress. She pulls her hair back and combs it. Afterwards she braids her hair and brings the braid loosely around her shoulder. Her clan pendant hangs from her neck and the two rings on her right hand. She takes the rings off and looks at them, then decides to attach them on the pendant.
Siansa grabs a pair of sandals and puts them on. Her outfit was complete. She takes her sunglasses and puts them on her head, resting just above her forehead.

She unlocks the door and sees Will, “Well come on in… Sorry if I took so long…”

Ulfr looks at him, “WHAT?”

He raises his mug/tankard to the ceiling, with plenty of ale spilling out, “Do you not enjoy the readiness of out future adventure. After all our foe must be tenfold stronger than you if they sent me as well”

He explodes into another roar of hearty drunken laughter. “AND I- AND I SHALL CERTA- CERTAINLY MAKE SHORT WORK OF HIM WITH MY THICC SKULL! HA! HA! HA! HA! MAY THOR’S BLESSINGS GUIDE US TO VAHALLA!”

He slams his drink down, breaking the mug/tankard, “ANOTHER!”

1 Like

“Ulfr I’m a mercenary, not an adventurer. I just want to stab things and get paid, they never told me why they sent you and frankly I don’t care why they sent you provided you can live up to your stature, but considering what happened to those brigands we encountered on the road, I’d say you’re hardly disappointing me.”

Will looked around before hearing the voice of his beloved, he glanced at her. “Oh, in a bit.” He mentions as he glances at Amelia, who shrugged at him and handed his swords back. He took a breath before walking upstairs into room six and closes the door behind him. When he entered he noticed how spacious the room was, and in the middle of the room, it was a single king-sized bed with red blankets and red pillows. It also had an outline of white bed sheets with a dark oak wood built base, it was quite the couple’s room.

Along with that, there was a large wardrobe in front of the king-sized bed, it was wider as the bed as expected and it had four doors with various drawers, three on each side of the end to be exact. The two middle doors were made out of glass, and the wood that had been used was that nice dark oak wood. It seemed to be a motif going on with it as the carpet on the floor was a nice dark brown that looked clear the entire room looked clean and fresh to the bone.

When Will realized the giant king-sized bed and the possibility of sleeping with Siansa, he gulped slightly as he placed his swords on the clothes hanger that was built into the wall, it was made out of wood and one would guess. It was made out of dark oak wood. “Well, the place is more than I expected.” He mentions before he takes his coat uniform, revealing the black t-■■■■■ that fit him perfectly, furthermore emphasizing and outlining his muscular form. He wasn’t bulky but he had muscule, that was for sure, as he hanged the coat on the hanger.

The Black Raven would turn around and right then, his eyes would glance at Siansa and what she was wearing, well she certainly had a sense of style that’s for sure. His blue eyes would have a tent of shines into them, as he smiled while placing his hands on her hips, his lower body pressed onto her. “Babe, you look great…” He said with a complementing tone and a genuine one at that. (@Flux)

Who’re you calling stupid, maggot!! The Eagle said, judging by that outburst, this certain Starwalker that was resigning within the Eagle constellation had a certain temper, one should not try and tamper with.

The Bartender smirks. “’ Aight, enjoy your stay.” The Bartender mentioned before going back to his day to day business.

The shield would cost him five large coins.

Amelia would proceed to walk into her room she just ordered, she opened the door and walked in. She sighed before taking some of her gear off, she had been wearing this armor for far too long. As she was getting undressed from her armor, she noticed a letter.

“Oh, what’s this?” She asked. “A letter for me?” She glanced at it before taking it, she sat on the bed. She proceeded in opening in and began reading it. (@ProfSrlojohn)

Ulfrsen smiles and looks intently at his companion.
“Why I was sent? Friend, I must tell you that in all the lands, there is only one magicless warrior nearly as accomplished as me. I have seen battle from my boyhood, I was raised and groomed to be a warrior. I seek no magic, I seek no power. I only seek the strength I have in my fists. My words will not lie, my friend, I shall tear apart our enemies with my hands if the need requires.”
@Ruh (in case you haven’t seen it)

“And so do you.”
Siansa poked him on the nose,
“Shall we?”

1 Like

He smiled at her complimenting him, before snickering even more when she poked his nose. “Of course.”

Will rose his left arm for her to hold on, and when she would, he’d lead her out of the room and the Inn. As now the two beautiful love birds were progressing through the streetways of Tempus.

“There are some great sights to Tempus.” Will said. “There is a beautiful park, statues for sight seeing. Even amusement parks believe it or not.” He mentions. “I suppose, you want to be surprised as to where I’d take you?” He asked, glancing at her (@Flux)

“Fewer people would probably be better… If you get that.”
Siansa suggests holding his hand.
“I think it might be nice to explore a bit and stay away from the busy areas…”

Will listened to her, perhaps not so populated areas would be better. Well fortunately for her he knew some places with very less people, and it may be something special to her.

“What’s wrong, you’re shy with populate areas?” He asked, having a certain tease as he looked at her, while they were walking. Perhaps she wouldn’t notice but they were taking a route where the noises and sounds of many people would lessen and lessen the more they walked. (@Flux)

The letter was in a simple white envelope. On the back side was red wax seal, with a claw mark imprinted into it. When she would break the seal, the letter inside would be written in flowing script, and would read thusly.

Amelia

How have you been? I hope you’ve managed to keep those yahoos in line. I’m sure you’ve done fine. Just make sure Fran doesn’t try kill herself again, alright? I know leadership is a burden, but never let it crush you. I’ve been travling towards Dwarven territory, and am currently in a small border town. I’ve been keeping an eye out for Dragopian activity, and it seems that the Dwarves were spared his wrath. Maybe this information will help, maybe not, but I’ll keep my eyes and ears open. As always, if you ever need me, let me know and I’ll come flying.

your friend and compatriot,

Clawripper

Siansa giggles, smirking at Will. She looks at him with a bit of wild in her eyes. Siansa whispers in his ears, “Depending on how this date goes, you’ll be the one who’s shy of the public areas.” She teases him, before kissing him on the cheek.

1 Like

Will leaned in to hear what she was whispering in his ears. The fellow Black Raven found himself to be blushing, once again overthinking on what she meant by that, he shook his head and smirked confidently.

“Don’t be so sure about that.” He teased her back, one way or the other, they were meant for each other. They both played the teasing ball, it was certainly something Will would be looking forward to seeing, how well can she handle his witty teases.

Tempus City wasn’t all about just trading and big houses, it also had a nice landscape with beautiful and large mountains. Will and Siansa were in a natural agricultural park, as they passed by Will lead her towards a path walk.

He was pressed against her gently as they walked, seemingly they were inseparable now. Also, one thing Siansa might be able to notice were the stars that were showing through the sky, at such an hour, it was a sight to behold truly.

In a way, the stars were smiling, the legendary constellation of Gemini, which was a part of the zodiac, glanced at them. It was a symbolism of love, it surely was a sign for her…

The trees around them were broad and large, with big and strong dark oak trunks and beautiful green leaves. The sun would shine brightly on them, and with the leaves, it created a sort of a shady mood.

“Remember that story I told you?” He asked her, holding her hand tighter. “You never got to hear the ending…” He mentioned. “Would you like me to change that?” He looked at her for a moment, slightly smiling, they were very close now. She would notice his handsome manly features, he looked better without that mask on, that was for sure. (@Flux)

“Oh I’m sure about that.” She leans her head onto his shoulder, “Question; what do you know of dragonic biology?”

“Yes… I would like to hear the rest of that story…”

Will rolled his eyes teasingly at her, before glancing back at her. “Well, from what I know. The older a dragon gets, the more powerful they become.” He said.

“So a Dragon can get to the age of 10.000 years old before they start dying, slowly, but they are dying. While they seem unstoppable, they quite are. And they have a weakness to Dragon’s Bane as well.” He mentions. “And about in general…” He thought. “Dragons have a period of heat, throughout their lifespans, it can be on a specific month, week or day, but it changes throughout their lifespan. Basically for them its mating season.” He adds.

Will didn’t know where Siansa was going with the question, he was saying what he knew about Dragons in general, as it was a necessity to know.

“Well, we left off when the Young Man finally became a true Man and faced off against the Dragon, which in the end, managed to kill it and then he became the Black Raven, correct me if I’m wrong. It happened a while ago.” He said.

He smiled slightly as he looked forward, the never-ending trees that were casting shade upon them would continue to spread across the path.

“Assumingly you may know who this person is by now,” Will said. “It is me…” He glanced at her for a moment. “I didn’t know that Dragon who attacked Ippotismos was an Ashen One, from your father’s group.” He mentions.

Will tensed his jaw, not sure if he should tell her this or not. “And my name…well, my name…” He muttered. “Will, the Black Raven, is a nickname the people of Ippotismos gave me.” He said.

“Will in short means resolute protector.” His view glanced somewhere else. “But the name my mother gave me…is William Helios Manoulis.” He said, being full-on serious about it. “My mother is a descended of the Black Raven himself, his name was Midas Helios Demilis.”

He closed his eyes for a brief moment, as eventually, he wrapped his arm tightly around her waist, proceeding her to rest her head on his shoulder, should she want to. “Helios is a name one must adopt if they are either a descended of Midas or a chosen one at that.”

“I have a sister, she is younger than me, and my parents almost died that day. Because of that Dragon.” His tone took a turn. “That is why I hate being the Black Raven because I had to do unimaginable things, it is a persona of mine that I don’t want to go back to. But in a way, I still do…because everyone wants to know what the Black Raven is capable of.” He clenched his fist.

“But I found you…” His tone softened. “My life has more meaning than just than being a Legend.” He scoffed lightly in the end. “And well, once we get to Ippotismos…the past will hunt me again.” He sighed looking at her.

“I’m sorry I kept this from you, nobody knows, only you. So I trust, you’ll keep it a secret…okay, my love?” He held her chin, before kissing her lips softly. (@Flux)

Siansa listens to the story, smiling. She realized during the battle of the Thunderstorm Bow, what dragon he faced. It t clear from her father’s eyes.

Siansa leans on his shoulder, she partly thought about telling him why she asked that question, but after hearing the story she decided that it could wait.

Siansa stops standing in front of him and kisses William on the lips, “William… I’ll keep this hidden.”
She wraps her arms around him, holding him,
“I know you would do the same for me after all.”

1 Like

Will smiled through their kiss, deepening it passionately as his arms around her waist, held her tight. Eventually, they would break the kiss, and he glanced at her, still smiling.

And as they were hugging, Will whispered into her ear. “Of course, I will…always…” His voice would send down her spine some shivers before pulling away slightly.

“Thank you, Siansa…” He said softly, kissing her cheek in thanks. “But you can call me Will…or well whatever you like.” He chuckled briefly.

He then would resume walking with her through the path but something came to his mind. “Siansa…?” He asked looking at her. “Why did you ask me, of what I know about dragonic biology?” He rose an eyebrow. (@Flux)

Amelia felt touched by the letter. She nods to herself and keeps in mind about Clawripper, should she ever need him, she would call for him.

Oire nodded.
“Have a good day.” He replied.
He took his drink and walked back to the rest of the group

Candall asks the storekeeper how much that is in gold coins.

Reyna walks through the woods, following the trail.

Suddenly, behind her a tree started to fall.
Reacting quickly, she jumped to the side, out of the way as the tree falls where she was.

She inspects it, and sees scorched claw-marks where it broke.

She sees the tree falling in front of her, and barely scrambles out of the way. The base was still burning. Thinking quickly, she tried to kick as much dirt onto the fire as possible, to snuff it out if she could. As she does so, she sighs in relief. However, behind her she hears a low growl, cutting her celebration short.

She shakes her head, clearing her mind. She climbs over the tree, going on her way. This mark told her she was going in the right direction.