The Collapse of an Empire | RP Topic

“Some say that you will only be able to find Herman when he wants to be found.” The Dwarf Blacksmith said as he began with the inscribing of the eagle on the hammerhead. “Though, if there is any lead…the Forest of Tempus is your best bet.” He declared as he looked at him. “There is a shrine, some say that’s where the Hunter appears.”

As Candall appears there, the door would be opened and the mother of the boy glances at the fellow. “Who are you?” She asked quickly. “What do you want?”

Candall brings out a copy of the advertisement. “You’re the one look’n for a cat, right? I think I can help you. I got a good way with animals.”

“I think I’ll head over there when you’re done then.” Envarus says.

I am in need of a Beetle and a spider, specifically of the Herakles and Orb Weaver kinds… As for paints I need Gold and Black, I’m working on something that requires these colours, and a fine pointed brush for precise detail. Can you procure these… Or must I take my business elsewhere?

The fellow woman was surprised to see an Isotixian doing such a request, a request for a child if one should add. She crossed her arms, though she wasn’t unfriendly towards the fellow Warrior. “Well, actually my son is looking for his cat. Jeffrey.” She said. “He is a black cat with white feet, and a white spot on his tail and chest.” She mentioned. “Last time he saw Jeffrey was when he was playing in the back of our garden and then…well left.”

“Has it cached your curious eye, hasn’t it?” The Dwarf asked as he continued to hammer down the hammerhead, inscribing the eagle on it. “Though, you should definitely be more careful.” He mentioned. “You may never know, so have your guard up.” He slammed the hammer one more time, before dawning the hammerhead into special cooling oil before letting it dry. He combined the weapon and the eagle glowed in a light blue, it essentially gave it a power, one that Envarus would have to discover.

The Dwarf hands it over to Envarus. “Here ya go, son.” He said as he walked towards the counter. “That will be…around 100 large coins.”

Zazune rose his eyebrow. “Well, I’m an exotic animal seller…and not a paint seller, I’m afraid.” He said under his sigh. “But I do have the Bettle and the Spider that you want.” He mentioned before he walked into a room and got two boxes out, they were made out of glass to seal them but with holes to let them live. They were well treated, so no harm came unto them at all. “Though, it will cost you.” He said. “I say about…50 large coins.”

“Maybe he went and chased a mouse or bird,” Candall suggested. “I’ll go look for 'em, if you’d allow me in the back. What’s the cat’s name? And was it muddy when it escaped?”

“I seldom let my guard down.” Envarus says.

“That’s highway robbery right there. I’ll give you 20.”

“The cat’s name is Jeffrey…just like I’ve said earlier.” The Woman said as she stepped back to allow the Warrior to enter the house. “And no, he wasn’t muddy. Jeffrey never gets himself dirty, surprising as that is.” She mentioned.

The Dwarf rose his eyebrow, placing the hammer down as he leaned into it, his forearms rested on the hilt of the sword. “Boi, do you know who I am?” He asked. “Do you know what I can do? I’ve inscribed into yer weapon an eagle rune, a magical one at that.” He said. “It is justified, I have to live out of something too, ya know? But because I feel like a gentleman today, it will be 50, or else no deal and the weapon is mine.”

Envarus nods and hands over the money. “Very well.” He says.

When he gets his weapon back he heads over to the shrine the dwarf mentioned.

Siansa smiles and walks over to the tree, “Instead of harming this living thing… perhaps this stone?” She gestures to a large stone nearby. Siansa looks at Will, “In the end I suppose it wouldn’t matter which one we chose.”

“Thank you,” Candall replies, taking the information. He goes to the back of the garden and starts to investigate for any signs for footprints or fur along the edges of a fence.

It may or may not be in Envarus’ interest to seek out this so-called, Herman, who was fellow Hunter of Old that by now is nothing more than a mere Legend, some may even call it a Myth. However, from his previous conversation with the fellow Dwarf, he would know where to possibly find him. Though one must be wary, to not let their guards down, as the Shrine of Hunters was awaiting Envarus in the deep Forest of Tempus City.

Will’s gaze reverted on the stone which Siansa pointed to, she may be right about harming the tree. Though it would have been just for them to inscribe their names. He smiled slightly to that as he glanced at his lover. “I suppose it would have been a little bit…too cliche.” He smirked, as he walked towards the large stone and inspected it for a few moments.

He took his sharp knife out, he turned and twisted around his head. Clearly, he was skilled with any kind of blade. Supposedly that was his shtick if one might call it that, for lack of a better term, of course. He poked his tongue out and reached on the end of his right corner, and started to use his knife to inscribe his name. Will would inscribe his full name which was William before he glanced at Siansa and spun the knife in his palm, before stretching his hand out to her.

Her lover tilts his head playfully. “Your turn…” He mentioned.

Candall would see some footprints, they were cat-sized paws that left an imprint on the dirt that was leading towards tall grass, which was a part of the backyard’s section. But Candall might notice that it was leading him towards the white fence that was around the place. The tall grass was also tilted from right to the left side, this may be his first lead. If he would have noticed and followed that and got outside the fence and backyard completely.

The fellow Warrior would see glowing light paws on the ground for starters, this cat may be magical indeed. Because the woman earlier mentioned that Jeffrey never gets dirty, no matter through what he goes through. He stays shiny and clean like always. If he would follow that path, it would lead him towards a section of the city, which wasn’t that far from the fellow people he wanted to help’s house.

Let’s follow it. Candall begins to cast a spell with his druidic powers, trying to locate the cat by seeing magical aura of where it went and where it is.

Aldrich slowly produces 50 Large coins, one at a time, Zazune could infer that this was being done deliberately. “Fifty big ones” Aldrich says as he hands them over to the Elf “Now can you tell me where I may find some paint?

Reyna jumped backwards out of the way of the gout of flame, Firing two arrows at the creature’s face. One missed, but the other nicked its ear, making it roar in range, jumping at her as she fell to the ground.

Reyna stumbled back, as the monster padded towards her, anger clear in its face.

Envarus makes the journey into the forest. As he seeks the shrine he rests a hand on one of his blades. He accesses his star magic, giving him eagle-sharp eyesight.

Enraged and upset by his visions of evil, Ernesto soared into the air so that he could clear his head of such thoughts.

@Flux

As Candall continued to follow this mysterious trail, it leads him towards the section of the City that was close to a forest. However, judging by the many magical paw prints Candall would see. This fellow Jeffrey was either a messy walker or a very curious cat, which could be both. Candall would see that the paws lead almost every around the section of the City, going towards some merchant shops, to actual houses and other buildings. But there was another trail of paws that were leading to the Forest, presumingly that was hist last trace?

Zazune watched as Aldrich slowly proceeded in giving him the fifty large coins, one at a time. “Pleasure making business with you,” Zazune said with a genuine tone before he took the coins and handed him the two cages. “And about your paint…actually I know a good friend of mine.” He mentioned. “Her paint shop is right across the street.” He points with his finger at the glass, in doing so pinpointing the store. “Tell her you are a fellow client of Zazune and she will give you a discount. The colors are expensive but one of the best there is.”

Envarus would see the Hunter shrine in front of him, he would get an ominous feeling as if something was watching him. The runes were in a very ancient language, something not even Envarus could probably translate to.

Suddenly there was a breeze that passes through Envarus, possibly give him a shiver as a voice spoke. “What are you doing here…?” A raspy voice asked.

1 Like

Do these paws match the same size as the ones I was following? Or are they slightly different? And can Candall find some leftover cat hair to see if it matches what he’s found of Jeffery’s?

“Looking for someone,” Envarus says. “A man named Herman. He is supposed to know something about this.” He draws the hunter blade and turns it into a hammer.