The Collapse of an Empire | RP Topic

Reyna sneaks into the bush, seeing what appears to be a deer nearby. She silently draws her arrow back and fires, hitting it square in the neck. She goes to collect her quarry, and sees something in the grass.

It appeared to be a large pawprint, the grass around it and within it singed black. She feels the heat, the pain, and the explosion of energy again.

She blinks, awakening herself from her memories, and starts dragging the animal back to where the rest of the party was, keeping a mental note of the pawprint for later.

Envarus casts his eyes around the sky before landing next to Siansa. “I think we should follow the Wolf for a bit.” He cringes, thinking that the Eagle might be jealous again. “Also, does it seem like someone else was using the stars to you?”

@Flux

Siansa glances at him with a ‘not now’ look before turning back to the stars.[quote=“TBT_Emerald, post:1636, topic:50836”]
Envarus casts his eyes around the sky before landing next to Siansa. “I think we should follow the Wolf for a bit.” He cringes, thinking that the Eagle might be jealous again. “Also, does it seem like someone else was using the stars to you?”
[/quote]

Siansa nods, “The wolf does appear to be leading us where we need.”

Envarus again heads for the treetops, following along overhead.

"I thought some more about what you said about my plan, " Ernesto started as he approached the leaderly blob shape,“but I still think we should go through with it.”

@MichaelBT-7474

Ashkey blinked as she woke up.
“What…?” She looked around.

“Where am I?”

Oire followed the group, humming a cheery tune, although it wasn’t as cheerily sung as it was originally intended to be.

Siansa smiles and looks at Ashkey. “Good morning sleeping beauty. You fell asleep and fell from your horse, so you were placed on my steed.”

She gestures at Ashkey’s horse, “As you can see I’ve been keeping your steed with us during our journey. We’ve made it to my people’s home and are now on our way.”

“Oh.” Ashkey peered at Siansa from behind her hood, her eyes shining from the shadow.
“Hey, you’re the one he-” at this, she points at Will. “The one that he likes, aren’t you?”
She hops off Siansa’s horse and mounts her own.
“And thank you, by the way.”

Siansa shrugs, “I guess you could say that… and no problem. I hope the stars are guiding us to where we need to be.”

Amelia turned her head towards Ernesto as she was walking, following Siansa’s lead. “Do you really want to give out your life so easily?” She asked. “I mean…do you think killing Bloodfang is the best idea? What if Candall’s wife is right? What if talking things out may save us a lot of trouble…think about this Ernesto, if Bloodfang falls, so does Dragopia. What happens to them? The innocent people? We are not Bloodfang, we are not Versing or any other edgy Overlord Ruler…we are people.”

@meepinater, @Runa, @Traykar, @Chronicler, @Ruh, @TBT_Emerald, @Flux, @Bramsley, @Toa_Radrix

Will nods, as he continued to walk, though he noticed something in the distance. The sun was starting to set down, it wasn’t going to set down quickly but they were far from the Thunderstorm Bow, there was a reason why it is the most hardest Artifact to find…

“Hmm, I think we may need to camp out for today…” Leandro said. “While we were capable of getting to the Dwarf Kingdom fast with our horses, granted it wasn’t that far.” He declares.

“I feel ya…” Norag nods, as he smoked his pipe. “We rely on Siansa’s vision to guide is and any time the Stars can be stubborn and not show anything.”

“But if we camp…isn’t the Enemy going to reach their objective?” Alina asked.

Will shook his head. “No, because they’ll most likely send someone who has a Celestial Vision.” He said.

“How do you know?” Alina asked.

“Well, if you think about it. Bloodfang is smart, very smart. So, of course, he would have someone that cloud read stars. To put it short, they don’t have an advantage over us.” He said.

“I hope you are right about that, fella.” Norag said.

Our heroes would be presented with a choice, would they camp out? Rest a bit? Or would they still continue to walk, even through the dark night? As a few animal growls and howls would be heard in the distance, some were wolves but there was a beast sound, very loud roar that echoed through the forest, it was so strong it scared the birds out of their trees.

“And how many faceless, nameless people will die because of my inaction?”

Marybird strums her fiddle. “If anything attacks, I can put them to sleep. If need be, we can take watches.”

“Well if the Kingdom will fall…there will be chaos.,” Amelia said. “Think about that first. Our actions have consequences.”

“Yeah, that sounds like an idea.” Will agrees with Marybird. “We’ll just need to find a camping place where we could rest.” He said.

“Let me rephrase, how many lives are you willing to trade so you can sleep well knowing that no one died under your watch? If we have the opportunity, it is our duty to take it.”

Reyna comes out of the trees with her deer. He stops dragging it and turned to the group. “So…I’ve got dinner.” She said. “But I’ll need some help. Could someone set up a fire, and I’ll need some help skinning this and cutting up the meat.”

1 Like

Aldrich bursts into hysterical laughter, seemingly unable to restrain himself. Wiping a tear from his eyes “Thanks… I needed that” he says smiling warmly.

1 Like

Oire turned his head to the roar.
“Hm. I say we sleep, but we should 'ave a guard. A night watch.”

Ashkey raised her hand.
“I can be first.”

Envarus drops from the sky. “I guess we’re making camp then.” He says.

Siansa climbs up a tree resting on its branches. She stares at the night sky, watching the stars.

Candall starts to look for firewood. With his druidic teachings, he knows to find a type of green moss to create a better fire faster. He brings the boss back, along with a few fallen branches.