The Collapse of an Empire | RP Topic

“They speak out of turn against our homes and people, and refuse to acknowledge the truth of our quest!”

(You’re fine)

Reyna takes a deep breath. “I just…wanted to apologize.” she said, looking away. “About earlier. I understand where you were coming from, and my outburst was a little unwarranted.” She admitted. “There’s just certain things that set me off sometimes, and I need to try and get better about it.”

“You speak valiantly,” Candall remarks. “Ya get yourself killed and there won’t be a family or home to protect.”

“You’re forgiven, darling,” Valerie says softly. “This world is cruel, it is natural to have such aggression.”

1 Like

“I would die a thousand times to free my people.”

“Too bad you can only do it once,” Candall says. “Which means it ought to be meaningful, instead of just running in like a mad man.”

“That it is.” She responds. “And I wish it didn’t have to be that way.” She says, gripping onto her cloak as she said that. “Anyways, would you like some venison? We have it ready to cook, and I’m going to start that soon. Figured I’d ask while I was over here.”

“But they disregarded my plan because of the risks! What is the life of one man compared to the suffering of a world? How can I live with myself if I don’t go through with this?”

“That sounds good. I haven’t had game in years.”

“Lad, your life is just as valuable as anyone else.” Candall removes his helm and wipes back his hair, looking at the face of Ernesto. “Look at me eyes. You’re no savior, no great redeemer of all folk. You’re mortal, like the old lad staring right at ya. Ya won’t be living if you attack Bloodfang or not. Life doesn’t come from grandeur.”

Candall touches the handprint upon his chest. “Think about that before ya lose yourself. Make your death meaningful, with someone. Otherwise you’ll die alone to this monster. Like the ravaging wolves mine eyes have seen, tearing a man apart. That helps nobody.”

Reyna nods and smiles as she turns away and goes back to the fire to cook. She feels another sharp pain in her side, and starts coughing violently for a short while, but recovers and goes back to the fire to cook.

“Something wrong?” Valerie asks.

“How can we have any hope of stopping Bloodfang if we can’t match his power? I’m not strong enough to save us.”

She shakes her head. “Nah, I’m fine. Just a little cough. It’s probably nothing.” She says to attempt and reassure Valerie.

“Maybe you are not, alone. Maybe I am not, alone.” Candall begins to think. “But, perhaps the armies of the world are. The combined force of men, dragon, elf, and dwarf would out-match him utterly.”

Candall takes a stick and starts to draw in the dirt. “Notice this. He only attacks each kingdom one by one. First he tries to sabotage the Dwarves, then attacks Cloudia. He seeks to weaken them in order. But… What if all the kingdoms attacked him at once?”

“Coughing blood means internal damage,” Valerie replies. “There is something wrong. Please, just let me have a look.”

“How can we do this if they won’t even admit that this is war?”

“But there’s no blood.” Reyna said, having seen no blood. “It was just a nasty cough.”

“Surely the destruction of Cloudia is a sign of otherwise,” Candall replies. “They must see that. Bloodfang has not answered for this crime, and it will give them excellent reason to pick apart his gold and power for themselves, if they desire riches.”

“Alright,” Valerie says, still worried.

“It infuriates me how little they see, yet how arrogant they are. Does their blood not boil for the atrocities against their homes?”

Reyna smiles and goes back to cooking the meat.

“It is life,” Candall says sadly. “The kingdoms of this world are not divine after all. They are like us, trying to thrive for themselves. The bigger picture is themselves. The best way to solve these problems is by assisting them. Being a shining light, a beacon, a city upon a hill all aspire to be.”

And Valerie patiently waits.

After a while, she finishes. She turns to Valerie and gestures over to her to get the first plate, since Reyna offered to her first. “Food’s ready!” She then said. “Venison for anyone interested!”