The Collapse of an Empire - Signup | OOC Discussion Topic

Alright then, my apologies.

And on the rest of the stuff, I guess we’re basically agreed.

Now that we’ve reached a common ground, I guess we just wait for Micheal’s opinion, and hopefully come to a compromise after that.

And get back to what we can do in the actual RP while we wait.

2 Likes

You are forgiven. I admit I have a hard time reading people emotionally, and that comes from my choice of words too. What sounds like reasonable words to use sometimes comes across as aggression. It’s because I’m autistic, and I’m trying to get better but it is a constant struggle.

3 Likes

Hey, you’re fine. It probably also doesn’t help that text doesn’t convey tone very well, either. But hey, we’re all still friends here, so we should all be here to help with each others struggles with at the very least our understanding.

3 Likes

This will be the last time, we will be having this conversation. I’m upset and I feel treated like a Joke and not respected as a GM, because I have been saying things both OOC and in IC over, and over, and over, and over again. It’s frustrating, life is frustrating enough as is. I don’t need this VR frustration as well, guys.

@meepinater, @Runa, @ProfSrlojohn, @Traykar, @Chronicler, @Ruh @TBT_Emerald, @Flux, @Bramsley, @Toa_Radrix

I do apologize for the mass tag, but this will be the last time we will be talking about this. Understand this, I’m upset and I’m tired of this. This ends right here, right now because it hinders the RP. The only reason why we are stuck for an entire week IRL in the Starwalker Tribe. It is not because of me but rather because of you. Because of these OOC talks, it takes my time and your time, my imagination and it fatigues me to the point where I don’t feel like doing anything, at all.

It has come to my realization that you guys, don’t understand what this RP is. I thought it was obvious but certainly it isn’t. This is a Group RP, where your characters are stuck with my NPC for the rest of the story. And it is not because of Lazy Writing or Plot, Runa. It is because I know the world better than anyone OOC and they know the world better than anyone IC. I’m not railroading anybody, if anything, I feel like you are railroading me and telling me I’m bad GMing. Yeah, no.

Runa, you just have the most inopportune timings. Does it make sense in the story for Reyna going to the Kingdom of Cloudia so she could buy a new dress, but fight some baddies to give her potential character development, even though she is on a mission, a quest, a quest that it certainly depends on your success in getting Bloodfang defeated? No, it doesn’t. I repeated myself over and over again. I told you. And you agreed on this, everyone did. I said everyone will get their character development ONCE we are in the Tempus City does that ring any bells whatsoever? Or have you forgotten about that?

I get there is a fine difference between being a part of a group and being a faceless body only there to follow orders. But the fact is, your character is not a faceless body to follow my NPCs orders. You wanted character development, you had the chance with the small breaks. Ruh took this opportunity and did so, I took the opportunity and gave the development of my characters, Aldrich has also a bit of development, everyone except you. Because you were offline. I did say, that I understand hence why I came with a compromise, which almost all of you forgot.

Traykar, your character is allowed to assert their thoughts and feelings on certain matters. I understand, your character is not the sanest person in the entire world. But all he did IC besides talking with others, was bugging the NPCs, normal people, who try to hold the group together. Have you ever tried to hold a group together? It’s very hard, I understand it is in character for Ernesto to question and whatnot, but I feel like, everything Amelia said, came inside the ear and right out. She is right about one thing, killing out of vengeance is not justice, Ernesto possible sacrifice in perhaps defeating Bloodfang, it is not guaranteed, certainly if anything, he will be dying for nothing, and she and a few others think about the consequences of what their actions will have. But that’s just IC interactions, but I will be honest with you. It has been frustrating so far because Ernesto doesn’t shut it and let the NPCs do their job. Of course, he will get the ultimatum.

Now, I don’t agree with your character leaving the team. And I can easily say no. Because I’m the GM and it is for a fact, that Ernesto alone, with his followers if he has any, will not survive out there without my character’s guidance because the world is hostile. I’m not saying he is not capable of taking care of himself, but half the group does not even stand a chance against the Servants of Bloodfang, let alone Bloodfang himself. Which let us not forget he wrecked us pretty well. There is more than one reason as to why we should take him seriously and not act overly arrogant. I’ve seen some characters that act arrogant, which will make me even less merciful when you’ll be facing these Antagonists. They are out for blood. I will not be making the boss fights easy, you have to earn this fight, you have to work yourself off, you need to earn every victory. As of now the success of the Heroes is not for certain. You can lose, you can die, or you can win. Only if you play your cards right.

So I suggest you think even more than just twice or three times if Ernesto living is the best idea. Because, one wrong move, and he will die. That’s about it.

Ruh, I don’t know what is up with Fran, if she is pissed or not but I felt like she is adding for the group to be splitting. Which I will not tolerate, I feel like some people here want to disassemble the team to do what they want. But you tend to forget, you have an Overlord that is going to conquer the world. But certainly, Amelia has not been acting in a contradicting way, I will take it as if Fran was pissed with something, because what she says is not true, perhaps with the part of Will, but he will be explained thoroughly once we are in the Ippotismos Kingdom.

I will make this clear as day you will only be able to defeat Bloodfang with all of the Artifacts on your disposal and possible other trinkets and items you will get throughout the RP. As well as with Dragon’s Bane which is a late-game item, because I feel like it is too op for anyone to have. The only one who knows where this thing is, it’s Will.

So I suggest to all of you, to make good amends with the NPCs, I’m tired of these confrontations. Your characters are supposed to be team players. Make my NPCs trust you. Make them be on your side because I cannot stress how important they are. My compromise with this tension between the group is that we will have this but tomorrow in Game, everyone will try to get along. Your unification will determine if you are going to win or not. This is the end of character tension and arguments, now we need to work together, to get the Thunderstorm bow and to get to Tempus City, rest a bit, do some character development and then get on with the freaking story.

This is my compromise. I don’t want your characters to be bland, I want them to listen to what Amelia says because she says some factual stuff. I want you to think, make your characters think, why are they fighting, for what are they fighting, what is their ideology, is the best thing to kill Bloodfang or not. Is vengeance justice, and so on. But that doesn’t mean you have to question my NPCs, have your own characters, question themselves. My NPCs know why they are fighting for. This is certainly the last time I’ll be saying this. Take my words well, they are not meant to be offensive, but I’m stern with you. Listen and listen well.

I think this compromise is fair.

Also, three new rules have been added. Read them.

Actions: If your character gets themselves in a situation that are most likely going to die, or are going off against impossible means because they are not ready yet. They are going to die. Period.

Narrative: Your actions and decisions affect the story, for better or worse. There is no guaranteed happy ending. if you’re going on a path that leads you to defeat, you are going to lose, if you play your cards right, you win and get the good ending. Just remember every action and decision your character takes, affects the RP for better or worse. So think wisely before conducting such actions.

Group RP: I thought this was obvious, but certainly it isn’t. This RP is a GROUP RP so this means, your characters will be stuck with my NPC because they are the only ones who can lead you through this hostile world. Creating characters that are not team players for whatever reason, it is not welcomed. I understand the lone wolf that is not dependent on my NPCs but still rolls with them, for the greater good cliche, to save the world. But other than that it is not accepted.

-Michael

2 Likes

I don’t see any differences before or after your compromise. It just sounds like you’re saying don’t argue with the dmpcs because they know best.

So forgive me for trying to make up for lost time, and, as I said when I first brought it up, doing it After we get through getting this next important McGuffin. I said that ever since I brought the idea up in the first place. Sorry that I can’t just have her suddenly remember her past one night without anything else happening, and sorry I was trying to keep what happened to her in her past a fun little surprise for everyone else, so it could be something actually interesting for them to learn and read.

Whatever then. Screw it. This just isn’t fun anymore. I’ll just have her succumb to the wound in her side during the night then. At least that might lead to other peoples characters getting something out of it.

Please don’t

I am fully aware of how hypocritical this sounds but please don’t kill her, I’m growing attached, the group is growing attached, I like Reyna and I don’t want her squandered due to a bout of anger

No, the difference is that the IC character arguments are over and that the next they, we should all try to get along with each other.

I told you to hold it off with the character development when we get to the Tempus City. Because then you will be free to do so, right now, you can’t because we are on a quest. There is little to no room for character development. And I don’t suggest you should kill her, I don’t want you to leave. But if you don’t want to stay, I won’t force you.

This doesn’t seem like much of a compromise

It does because I won’t allow anymore arguments as of now, because I want to get the story going. What part of that you don’t understand? You are hindering me to do my job as a GM. So let me do my job, but not stopping me. Because I actually want to move on with the next phase.

And correct me if I’m wrong, aren’t we going to Tempus City right after we’re done with the Starwalker Tribe? Or am I wrong? Because I assumed that’s when we were going there.

Y’know, exactly when I said I was planning on doing this in the first place. And yet you still yelled at me for it. Multiple times.

Yeah, we are and then I won’t have any problem with you doing your character development.

I didn’t yell at you. I was talking with a respectful tone. I suggest you take a breather because of the way you wanted to kill Reyna so easily. It was more rage thinking than rational thinking. I want to make your character be awesome, but we can’t right now.

I promise, on my word and honor. You will get your development when we are in Tempus City. Everyone will. I swear to God.

How exactly is that a compromise? You get what you want from it, yes, but how exactly is that going to play out?

@Runa @Traykar both of you lay off. Now. Things are only going to escalate further I just need you guys to be patient for a little while longer, it’s going to work out I promise

1 Like

I meant earlier, when I explicitly said “when we’re done getting the thing here in the Starwalker tribe.” And you said “no, wait until we get done here in the Starwalker tribe.” multiple times, quite forcefully.

And I probably won’t kill Reyna. I said that in the heat of the moment, when my head wasn’t on quite straight.

1 Like

They don’t argue, they make up through time, you are in the path of success. You don’t do that, you are in the path of defeat. And how is that going to exactly work out? Perhaps, make Ernesto realize that he was irrational. I don’t say, make him bow down and beg for forgiveness, just do something humble with him.

People show their rage in different ways, not everyone is going to be as expressive as Ernesto, Traykar.

I don’t remember me saying that. I said wait till we are in Tempus City.

I realize that. So don’t do that, please. I mean, everyone here is a valuable player. I need all of you. I just had to be stern because I was genuinely upset. I wasn’t angry, no just upset.

Oops, that was the wrong channel

Uh okay…well alright let’s all make it up hugs everyone tight and let’s get on with the RP, alright folks? All is forgiven.

2 Likes

Apologies, I was paraphrasing. You said Tempus City, which was “when we get done in the Starwalker tribe” So I was conflating the two and using it in that way to better illustrate my point.

But I guess we’re agreed then. Sorry about the argument.

1 Like

All good, hopefully no one is going to get in trouble. I mean, we were civil about it. No one acted inaccordingly, so we should be good…I hope.