The Comics Topic

Do anyone like comics like for MARVEL,DC,IDW,ect. This also inculcated Web Comics,and Newspaper Comics too.

1 Like

DC is my personal favorite. I’m actually wearing a Nightwing ■■■■■ now. But Marvel’s pretty good too.

1 Like

Moved to Entertainment ;).

I’m a big fan of both Marvel and DC comics. Though I prefer Marvel’s universe and stories much more, Batman will always be my favorite comicbook character.

-Star

1 Like

I love comics, although I’m not opposed to having other members make other topics for certain franchises/publishing houses in addition to this one :wink:

But yeah, I’m completely obsessed. My current pull list is:

• Hawkeye (delaaaays and it’s ending :frowning:)
  • Invincible
  • Ms. Marvel
  • Miles Morales: Spider Man
  • All New X-Men
  • Injustice
  • Saga

I just got to know the manager of a very fine place around here, so I’m looking forward to going there more often.

2 Likes

Deadpool all the way.

kurkman’s the walking dead yo

1 Like

I love reading post New-52 comic’s.

1 Like

I really love some, and I dislike others.

IDW, Because RiD and MTMTE.

1 Like

across the internet fist bump yeah I’m totally not behind on all of those at all!

1 Like

New pull list, 2015:

New Avengers
Avengers
Avengers World (sometimes)
Injustice: Year Three
Saga
Invincible
Moon Knight
East of West
The Wicked + The Divine
Multiversity (so good!)

I want to do a comic centric version of TTV Talks…but no one else reads comics, so I can’t :frowning:

But everything related to the Incursions/Time Runs Out has been exceptional (especially New Avengers). Multiversity has just been fantastic in all senses (see: The Just and Pax Americana as probably the best comics published this year), as has Injustice: Year Three. I’m especially pleased with Injustice, which takes what should be a generic concept (and an okay story within a video game) and absolutely does the best it can, with some great continuity highlights.

Saga and East of West are both super world building and fantastic, Invincible still reminds me that Superman isn’t overpowered and just needs to be written right.

Most of the Marvel Now stuff is good to okay. I just can’t get into the New 52…nothing just sticks with me with any of those titles. It seems really forced and bland, most of the time. Grayson is the only one that’s stood out, alongside the Batgirl of Burnside.

2 Likes

Breaking News: Captain America a [spoiler]Hydra Agent![/spoiler]

1 Like

this is incredibly stupid

and it’ll probably be revealed that it’s not true, knowing how comics go

2 Likes

Honestly, the Steve Rogers presented was so non-Steve Rogers like in his mannerisms and actions, that it all makes sense. That’s literally the whole point. It’s Steve Rogers, the person, but not Steve Rogers the hero, the guy who sticks up for the little man. This is a Steve from an alternate universe, and that alone ties it in with what Marvel has been exploring lately in other comic series.

This is a Steve that wants everything to be controlled because until Hydra came into his life, he had no security or reassurance, this alone made it easy for him to fall victim. This contrasts with the Steve Rogers we know and love, the one who stood up himself against bullies, rather than relying on someone to stop them for him. If we get a Steve vs Steve fight, I’m so game.

Or y’know, of they’re actually retconning the vast amount of canon behind Steve in order to fit in this ludicrous idea, we always have Doctor Strange to make it all a weird convoluted dream. Please help us Doctor Strange, please…

1 Like

[quote=“Tarvaax, post:14, topic:525, full:true”]Please help us Doctor Strange, please…
[/quote]

Well Dr. Strange can’t help of Steve’s true feelings, but liked with any other major twist in the comics this will be recon for some else.

I like how the internet is freaking out about this Captain America reveal. Its entertaining to watch.

I’m buying that this Baron Zemo or Red Skull altering Cap’s memories with the Cosmic Cube, sort of like how Bucky was brought back.