The complete Brotherhood of Makuta (100 drawings)

Wow, the drawing of Cenred looks better than the actual MOC

These are great, I completely forgot about this project but it’s cool to see it’s finally done. I can’t really think of anything else to say besides drawing good yes

1 Like

I did, but just for Gorast, because I wasn’t sure if the restriction concerned total @s or different @s

It is indeed. Since I was kinda aiming at “Makuta at the dawn of time” I felt it fitting to include the UDD symbol here and there. Sachel also has it on his cloak, Repirax has a slightly altered version on his chestplate, indicating his religious sect and Lomois’ staff design is also based on it. Those are the ones I can remember. There might or might not be more.

Actually, I think Krika is the only one where I had my revamp done before doing the drawing. Isthra’s trident definitely indicates that I had that finished when I did the MOC, but otherwise it was usually the other way around - the looks of the drawing to some extent defined the looks of my revamp. For example Vyrdran’s and Ornek’s head designs were heavily inspired by the designs I used for the drawings.

Kerona is kinda an elementalist. So on a whim I felt some robes would be fitting (and save me a lot of time on drawing the arms :sweat_smile:)

Was my plan, too, originally, but just didn’t know how to pull that off well.

You know, I should have thought of that…

Guess I’ll tag everyone I had to remove the tags on above and didn’t seperately tag in the Project topic now, then:

@Xing1870, @Windfall, @Silver_Falcon, @LurkingEhlek, @P1gNinja, @DG_Eddie, @RedHuna101, @The_Wanderer, @SmeatyFlavor

3 Likes

These might be some of the most faithful drawings of MOCs I see. Though not on Netrux, for some reason, although I really like your “Kanohization” of the Kideli.

1 Like

Not a huge fan of how much Clanik’s mask resembles the mask of life.

I really like Zhun, though, he fits the character I gave him perfectly.

Uloki and Verahk/Venerak/Vekaron are good, I like the masks.

1 Like

There are a lot of really gorgeous ones here, and I really like the artistic liberties taken on some of the MOCs, mine included. Hormahk in the drawing has some neat differences I really like, such as a more hand-like hand as opposed to a large claw, and his shoulder armor and mask being more distinct and unique. A fitting interrogator and gaoler if ever I saw one.

Of course, there are many others I really appreciate, but much of it has already been said, and I am, of course, partial toward seeing your takes on the MOCs I was most attached to when reading their bios, such as Wanitama.

This was a phenomenal project, and although I have my personal differences with RSG I am glad that I could participate in some small way to help them flesh out the universe of G1 just a bit more. Amazing to see this all come to fruition after so long!

4 Likes

Awesome Drawings! I love how they are all unique but fit together.

1 Like

Wow. It was such a cool opportunity to be a part of this Project! I also loved your take on Belgahn in your own style. Cheers!

1 Like

It is truly incredible to see after so many years of hard work from so many different people we are finally here at the end of an amazing journey.

1 Like

It’s been a long time since I last visited this site. What a nice surprise to come back and find this project completed.

Gilahu, great work on the drawings. I absolutely love how you’ve depicted Marzek. The look of the original build comes across well, and his stance matches the attitude I had in mind for him too. Not sure about the extensive liberties you’ve taken with Erdorn’s mask, but if you didn’t want it looking like Tarduk’s helmet I understand.

It’s been great being part of such a big community project. Nicely done everyone. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Why is one of them named Scala?

5 Likes

It’s actually “Scarla”.

Beyond that, because that’s what the creator named it. Sounded alright to me, so I was fine with it.

1 Like

My bad, forgot it had the ‘r’
Understandable have a nice day