The Cons of Bionicle

The search for the Kanohi Nuva was ten times as worse. It’s so pointless that it’s hardly ever mentioned.

9 Likes

I guess the Nuva momentarily forgot that they had gained the ability to share their mask powers. Oh wait… couldn’t they already do that (by switching masks) as Mata? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I guess Gali Nuva wanted something besides her Kaukau Nuva. :stuck_out_tongue:

In all seriousness, the whole explantation for why there were Kanohi Nuva hidden on Mata Nui was very poor and an excuss to sell mask packs.

4 Likes

Gotta catch’em all! Gotta Catch’em All!
I just had to do it.

Eh, I thought they were pretty cool. Maybe not interesting by what they did, but unbeatable. Although, I see what you mean.

The average Toa has two powers, one mask and one element. The average sorcerer from Harry Potter has innumerable spells, to give one example. Personally, I like that they have two.

3 Likes

The average Makuta has 42:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ah, man, I completely forgot about the Makuta.

Well, they’re extinct now. Except Miserix. And maybe that 2015 guy.

2 Likes

I still have trouble seeing how such immensely powerful being could become near-extinct in the first place.

1 Like

Um… selfishness and greed?

1 Like

Mainly because of Toa of Magnetism, Toa of Gravity, and Toa of Iron, specifically Iron. Those three elements can rupture a Makuta’s armor, causing their Antidermis to dissolve.

Which is exactly why Toa of Iron are near-extinct themselves.

Man, Greg must have hated Iron. First The Fe-Toa and Fe-Matoran, then the Iron Tribe and the Dreaming Plague…

6 Likes

From what I recall, those Toa never really attacked the Makuta - but the Makuta feared that they would, and killed off the Toa preemptively. Zaria’s the possible exception. Don’t quote me on this.

[quote=“Leoxandar, post:78, topic:3828”]
If you delve into your Bible …
[/quote]Or we can use words from the modern English language such as “romantic” or “platonic”… there was platonic love in G1 Bionicle, but no romantic love.

[quote=“Collector, post:84, topic:3828”]
… and an excuss to sell mask packs.
[/quote]While I dislike flimsy story as much as the next fan, I’d bite the bullet and accept a pointless and basically forgotten quest if it meant we got mask packs again.

9 Likes

Chro

Can you imagine

Getting a purple version of the Hau

9 Likes

It’s worth mentioning that this just occurred to me a few night ago while lying in bed :stuck_out_tongue:

However, I have to disagree monumentally - not only was the Quest for the Masks a fun and unique idea, but it also gave us Mask Packs, which provided us with a ton of masks for MOCing purposes. A win-win for me personally.

Yes, but now one Toa, even when alone, has all the Mask Powers. That’s why, after gaining the power to work alone, they proceed to work together, thus rendering this quest pointless.

2 Likes

When their boss took over the universe itself and killed them with his magic giant robot powers.

8 Likes

[quote=“Ekorak, post:90, topic:3828”]
Mainly because of Toa of Magnetism, Toa of Gravity, and Toa of Iron, specifically Iron. Those three elements can rupture a Makuta’s armor, causing their Antidermis to dissolve.
[/quote] what about plasma? could melt a hole in their armor surely?(not asking because of my self-moc, I’m genuinely interested in why that was never thought of.)

funny you should mention that, I’m currently in the works of 3d printing one, for personal use only ofcourse, I don’t want lego to sue my pants off.

1 Like

A Con of Bionicle is because it made us all know Eljay from a Bionicle Podcast.

11 Likes

Now, wait a moment…

Ekorak

Can you imagine

Getting a gold version of the Hau

I can’t either, I don’t think Mesonak has mailed it yet

13 Likes

Dangit Chro

1 Like

i bet you will get a gold hau from the actual tahu set before meso mails you one

4 Likes