The DC Universe

The Lego Marvel games are pretty good.

Though admittedly that’s mostly because ‘Lego’

I think DC would probably be best taking the games front, as long as they vary from Batman at some stage. As the best thing they have done so far is the Scarecrow levels in the Arkham games. Plus they’ve turned later games into vehicle vs drones that ruined the whole interesting aspects.

Pretty much, giving them even more of a reason to hate and fear Batman… honestly probably explains why some of them have been further pushed towards insanity such as Harley Quinn (I think that’s mostly the focus of Suicide Squad seeing her mental and physical abuse building until she snaps and becomes Harley Quinn)

3 Likes

Ah. Then DC can take the games, since animated movies make less money.
Injustice is great.

2 Likes

I’ve read a few theories that we are actually following the ‘Crime Syndicate of America’ in the DCCU and that we’ll see the actual Justice League being developed in the TV shows - hence why they are set in a different universe.

Would explain why these appear to be very badly represented versions of the characters and could be a nice twist if it turns out these are ‘evil’ versions of the characters. Would add a whole new perspective to the movies, if that was the case.

Though i feel that’s just a fan theory and wont actually happen.

5 Likes

Well that is one puck-up theories that I ever heard of.

Oh yeah. DC and Marvel should keep the Live Action shows. They are all:

1 Like

But with Marvel having AOS being too forced on the Inhumans, Agent Carter may not get a third season, AOS Spinoff, & Netflix are actally very dark. DC have Arrow/Flash/HOTverse,Supergirl,Gotham/Batman: The Prequel.

3 Likes

I still like what I’ve seen. (I haven’t seen all of Arrow, or any of the Netflix shows (my parents won’t let me watch daredevil or Jessica Jones))

Umm… What?

so I saw the movie

solid okay

the fact that doomsday was even in the movie bothers me greatly

4 Likes

A.k.a. Heroes of Tomorrow.

See, I have to disagree with the notion of heroes that don’t kill. A hero that kills is doing more good than a hero that lets their enemy live. When you let your enemies live, they’ll just try to kill you and the people you’re protecting again. Batman killed in his first few comics, and he also did it in The Dark Knight Returns. I’m glad that they’re not forcing him to stick to some foolish ideal that leads to thousands of people dying, when he could have stopped all of those deaths by killing one person.

1 Like

(may contain language…)

Though this is honestly a good summary of everything wrong with BvS

[quote=“Tarvaax, post:255, topic:10122”]
See, I have to disagree with the notion of heroes that don’t kill. [/quote]

If heroes are going around killing in the way that Batman and Superman do in this film they become ‘The Punisher’ who is designated an Antihero.

That’s not what Superman or Batman were characterised to be, and elements of early comics and The Dark Knight Returns occurred with versions of the characters that do not match or have similarities with the DCCU versions. Deaths also occur in other Batman media, however these are all varying versions of Batman that represent different ages and styles of the character.

I can understand new interpretations, but there is a difference between killing a villain and killing a thug - and in the DCCU, Batman kills hundreds of thugs while letting the main villains live to kill another day.

The writer of the Dark Knight Returns for example believes that blatant murder is justified and i could easily direct you towards ‘Holy Terror’ a storyline he wrote about Batman that they refused to publish as a Batman story. Point being that The Dark Knight Returns was not the best written and the deaths that occurred in it are because the writer believed Batman had no rules and just killed criminals for fun. The Dark Knight Returns is not really a ‘Batman’ storyline about his start, its supposed to be his last storyline before he dies because he gives in to killing (Refer back to the ‘Red Hood Clip’ a few posts above when he talks about how he avoids killing)

He let all the villains from his rogue gallery live. He only killed thugs - so he’s still allowing enemies to kill another day, he’s just going around murdering the lower level criminals who are just doing what they are told.

[quote=“Tarvaax, post:255, topic:10122”]
I’m glad that they’re not forcing him to stick to some foolish ideal that leads to thousands of people dying, when he could have stopped all of those deaths by killing one person.[/quote]

Instead he’s going around killing hundreds of people in the movie and presumably thousands in his lifetime prior. He doesn’t stop any future plans by Lex Luthor, Joker, Harley Quinn, Deadshot, etc…

Killing for Batman doesn’t work in BvS because he’s up on a high horse believing himself morally and ethically superior to Superman throughout the entire film and his actions are seemingly supported, encouraged and rewarded throughout.

At least with Punisher when he kills, the world looks down on him for it - even in recent shows, people he allies with still realise ‘this guy is not a good guy as he’s killing people’

2 Likes

Just saw Batman vs Superman…

Zack Snyder needs to calm his jesus parallels

Like a little bit is ok but don’t shove it down everyone’s throats that much

7 Likes

*Legends of Tomorrow

2 Likes

So, I just returned from Easter dinner with my family, and two of my relatives who ha gone to see BvS last night gave me their thoughts on it. Neither of them are really into superhero movies, but they obviously understand the basic idea behind DC and its characters (i.e. Superman and Batman are heroes, Superman can be defeated by Kryptonite, etc.). So, in essence, they were unbiased…

They did not like the movie at all. According to them, it was incomprehensible at many points and plain silly at others. Obviously the death of Superman annoyed them, and Jesse Eisenberg was another thing they disliked (just in this particular performance–they know of his other, more well-liked films). They also told me that the reason Batman chooses not to kill Superman is because their moms share a first name, which honestly made me laugh out loud…I mean, really? That of all things is what stops you?

I’m not saying that their dislike is necessarily indicative of everyone’s thoughts, but they had no real reason to like or dislike it before they went, so it seems like the movie has some pretty big flaws. It’s too bad, 'cause these characters really deserve more…

2 Likes

I know.
I thought that was funny.

Since everyone here has seen the movie by now (except me), I’m gonna leave this interesting video here and see how accurate people think it is.

1 Like

this movie is strange, the more I think about it, the more I dislike it, most of that dislike actually comes from one plot point, and that point is

Doomsday, and here’s why. Because they already played this card early, it essentially craps on all of the next superman films, since they already killed him, once he comes back people won’t care that much, he already died once, he’ll probably fine with whoever else he’s fighting. Think about how great it would have been if this wasn’t Batman v Superman, instead you have Superman dealing with the destruction he caused in man of steel, lex luthor (the real lex, not that weirdo in this movie) using the peoples fear of superman against him, maybe he becomes an outcast, goes on a journey, that is full of hope, learns about Lex’s corruption, maybe bring in Braniac as him and luthor have worked together before, it just could have been so much better

6 Likes

Truthfully, they should have just copied the whole plot of World’s Finest. Batman goes to Metropolis to investigate something, Superman sees him as a vigilante and confronts him, but the focus isn’t their conflicting personalities, and the DCAU Lex Luthor was a better Lex Luthor than the one in BvS. Calm, composed, methodical, tactical, cold, callous. That’s what Lex Luthor is supposed to be. That’s his personality. If you change the personality, then it simply isn’t the same character.

6 Likes

Even though Jesse was supposed to play the Riddler, someone should’ve rewritten him to be less “Riddler from Gotham”-esque.

2 Likes