The DC Universe

Does that matter? In all material that has Mercy, she’s just as integral as Harley was to the Joker. You do know that Mercy WAS in BvS, right? She was killed by the bomb. Lex Luthor literally just sent his assistant off to her death in the same movie she was introduced in, which is weird and a waste of her character looking at all material that she appears in.

2 Likes

Yes I’m aware, doesn’t mean I cared about the character. Or Jimmy for that matter, Jimmy should only exist if he is: crossdressing, gaining random superpowers, having his mind occupy an ape’s body, or becoming a turtleboy.

I wasn’t even aware of the character until @ToaKylerak told me about her.

Although I don’t see her being as INTEGRAL as Harley Quinn to the Joker, she certainly is a good character that has stuck around Lex in more recent media.

I’ve seen a lot of interpretations of Lex without her and I was just fine.

3 Likes

OK, do we really know she’s dead? Maybe the director’s cut shows her getting cybernetic replacements.

I swear that i edited that previously - and it came back :L

Either way, the typo kind of emphasised my point - both characters act the same in BvS so its really difficult to determine them as different characters when the ‘personality’ of each is the same;

• Batman kills
  • Superman kills
  • Both are hypocritical about the other killing

Sure they have different powers, looks and fighting styles - but in terms of personality Batman and Superman might as well be the same person in BvS

At this stage Synder is killing them off for the fan reaction;

The way he killed Pa Kent, Mercy and Jimmy Olsen is all intended to cause rage amongst fans.

4 Likes

He does a Psycho Crusher through a line of children in the beginning, and brands each child he saves.

2 Likes

Batman V Superman was more disappointing than bad

Not Jimmy Olsen & Not Wally West had the best potential but they F*cked it up, son.

6/10

3 Likes

I think Ben Affleck can play a good Batman, but I really hope they get a new writer and director for future movies. They made Batman such a hypocrite in BvS. Sure Superman fails to save a lot of people, but Batman outright kills criminals. That isn’t a Batman that’s suitable to be involved in the Justice League, especially since Batman is supposed to be the one to keep them from going rogue. Also, Batman sets up the Justice League? What the heck Snyder? Batman is usually the LAST member to join, because he doesn’t like working with other people. I also dislike the fact that they wrote Batman with so much anger. That’s not Batman. Batman is calculative and methodical. He doesn’t let his emotions control him like they do in BvS. The Batman in official media would have listened to Superman before trying to pick a fight, and dropping Batman’s no killing rule doesn’t make sense in the whole context of the film. Batman is literally trying to kill Superman because Superman is apparently this big worldly threat, while we have Batman killing people all the time. Who writes this stuff?

I guess I’m just upset that we have yet to get a writer/director that focuses on Batman’s “World’s Greatest Detective” title rather than making him some kind of scarred emotional man beating people up to keep his rage down and feeds off of the talents of others rather than relying on his own wits. Seriously, the Nolan Batman wouldn’t have gotten anywhere without Lucius, and the BvS Batman is too emotionally driven.

3 Likes

Something that does not seem that big of a deal but really bugs me is Batman’s suit…

WHY IS HIS MOUTH EXPOSED?.

For such a “intelligent” Man, you would think we would put something there to stop some villain from knocking his teeth out.

This bugs me even more on the BVS armored suit. just looks so…dumb…

3 Likes

Simply put, it’s because he’s Batman. He doesn’t need face covering. XP

2 Likes

Probably also so Marvel does not sue them over making Iron Panther. XP

3 Likes

Well Batman predates both Black Panther and Iron Man, so they already for now.

2 Likes

This one just gives me the hype. The humor here is great, and really reminds me of Deadpool.

The music in all of these videos; I hope this fixes the horrors BvS created. XP

3 Likes

Look like another former Spider-Man Actor is playing a DC Character in The Justice League Movie.

1 Like

'Tis a shame Dafoe can’t come back for Marvel, but oh well.

Personally I hope Keaton plays Norman Osborn but that’s just me.

Looks like DC is trying to go after a lot of these acclaimed actors to star in their roles.

4 Likes

Well, you were right. :slight_smile:

So who do you guys think Willem Dafoe is playing? Though he could be anyone, I think he might be Green Arrow or an older Hal Jordan, perhaps.

Edited title to fix Universe name - Not Chronicler

5 Likes

so suicide squad is apparently good according to the early reviews. anyone want to discuss that? Or wonder woman? or the title of the new batman movie?

The title for DCEU Batman movie is called, “The Batman.”

I know. I’m a little surprised that the never used that title for any previous movies.

There are now 300 posts in the DCEU topic. Zack Snyder would be happy.

2 Likes