The DC Universe

“You know what I like?
A Superman who’s a complete jerk and has no sense of responsibility.”
-Zack Snyder
/s?

8 Likes

That one was one of the best marvel movies I’ve seen.

2 Likes

Yeah like I’ve only read a few of the comics, and frankly, I actually enjoyed the films better.

2 Likes

DC likes being so dark and gritty so much it’s genuinely hard to watch their trailers, to be honest. It’s always something like cities or prisons. Meanwhile with Marvel, last time I checked, it was very bright, colorful, and set mostly in daytime. I think Marvel characters are better than DC. I watched the Justice League trailer and I did not like the new heroes, such as Flash and Aquaman. Aquaman in particular was especially hard to notice, because he not only blended into the background, he was so dark and edgy I thought he was a completely different character altogether. Yet with Marvel their characters all across different forms of media are instantly recognizable and have better set up characters. I’d much rather watch a giant battle with big groups of heroes fighting each other with colorful visuals than a dark, dim edge-fest between a rich guy and a strong guy.

7 Likes

With comics, sometimes image just plain destroys substance. While I think that the substance of Marvel films are considerably more interesting than those of the DCEU, Marvel definitely uses more interesting colors. This is a revelation Marvel Comics had in the late 90’s and DC is still struggling to catch up with.

I don’t see how saying that Latino guy in the Antman movie being the best part of it is racist. I can’t remember his name, and really who didn’t like him? Every word out of his mouth was amazing.

DC tries too hard to be edgy.

MARVEL doesn’t need to be edgy to be good. MARVEL’s brilliant.

2 Likes

A lighter tone in movies is an important thing to me. When it’s lighter, the darker moments have more effect.

3 Likes

Disney is brilliant, Marvel isn’t. Now before someone says Disney should buy DC I will say the same thing I said on another site. If Disney buys DC they get hit with the anti monopoly laws.

But doesn’t Disney decide what happens with Marvel?

5 Likes

Not really. It’s very hard to explain, even I myself don’t fully understand it.

What happened? I haven’t been keeping up with much in regards to the DCEU for a while.

Suicide Squad came out today, and the reviews aren’t so good…

They would also have to strike a deal with Warner Bros.

The competition between the two giants is why we will never see a Marvel vs DC movie.

Unless Lego manages some magic.

1 Like

Hmm, a Marvel VS DC video game, with guest appearances by the Amalgam* characters.

*anyone remember Amalgam comics?

3 Likes

I guess that’s sorta a thing still. Amalgam would most certainly not fit in with the others.

That’s depressing, but I kind of saw it coming. It only makes it worse that I have yet to see DC get a Joker that matches the one in the comics and BTAS/the Arkham series, and that’s the type of Joker I wish they’d give us.

1 Like

During a Marvel DC crossover both universes merged, this fused many characters creating amalgam characters: Supersoldier(Superman/Captain America), Darkclaw(Batman/Wolverine), Captain Marvel(Marvel’s Captain Marvel and DC’s Captain Marvel), Wonder Woman(Storm), Iron Lantern(Iron Man/Green Lantern), Doctor Strangefate(Doctor Strange/Professor X/Doctor Fate), Lobo the Duck(Howard the Duck/Lobo), ETC.

1 Like

I might still see it but it makes me sad. I was quite excited for this one, much more than I was about BvS, and it seems that that sucks too. I don’t really think as a whole Marvel is better than DC or vice-versa, but at the moment the movies for DC have not been that great, I don’t know how they can screw stuff up this much, SS had a good cast and (supposively, I don’t really know) a good director. Ugh, I might actually sign that petition to boot Zack Snyder off, he’s in charge of the whole universe and we need him out. He just sucks. Plain and simple.

1 Like