The DC Universe

Man Of Steel and the announcement of the line-up have ruined my interest in seeing anymore DC films.

I feel they are rushing into their cinematic universe in order to compete with the Marvel films before the superhero blow-out that will arrive at 2018/2019. It feels poorly planned out and even worse, most the films in the line-up suck. The casting choices are all over the place and every film has the same bland lack of colour as demonstrated in other Snyder films.

3 Likes

Whoa there buddy. We have only seen one movie so far, so it isn’t quite fair to say that they all will lack color. Maybe once we see B v. S then we can judge if the line up sucks, but I doubt that they would just brainstorm a bunch of movies and slap the order onto paper. I have trust that they won’t just be making this up as they go along. Yes, Man of Steel was a disappointment, but we should hold back our judgment for now and maybe just speculate for the time being.

@Booster_Gold I have a friend named Jon Stuart, so I tend to mix the two up. Sorry about your eyes.

3 Likes

We’ve seen stuff from Man Of Steel, Batman Vs Superman and Suicide Squad; The first three films in the DCCU. At the moment it appears to be an artistic style they have went with to make everything look devoid of natural colours, which to me drains the life from the movies. Even in the Dark Knight trilogy I found it annoying, but it wasn’t as bad there because it still maintained enough colour to feel alive.

The line-up sucks, they can be good films and will judge them accordingly when I watch them online, but the line-up does suck as rather than a build-up to Justice League we get Man Of Steel then BvS, then only solo films till 2018. It worked in Marvel’s universe because they didn’t have Iron Man immediately team up with Captain America or Thor in his second film. However, when you’ve already had your main two big hitters in a film together, no solo film can really top that, so everything after BvS will seem like a letdown in terms of scale, unless they force more heroes into the solo movies similar to how BvS has all the Justice League.

3 Likes

We’ve seen just a few set pics from Suicide Squad and one Batman v. Superman trailer. Set pics and trailers can be quite deceitful sometimes. Also, we don’t know how the other heroes such as Wonder Woman and Aquaman will be done in Batman v. Superman. They may have a huge role in it. You know, both of them are from secluded areas of the world, and the Wonder Woman movie is rumored to be a period piece, just like Captain America. For all we know, they could have these great characters acting like, “Stupid stupid stupid people, why can’t you see that Lex Luthor is going to just take advantage of this confrontation.” Also, we have seen Justice League work in just twenty minutes, you know.

1 Like

True, though they all seem to have the same art style, and even with trailers the art style of movies shouldn’t be entirely different from the finished product.

This emphasises my point though, we don’t need to see them all have solo movies like this, especially after BvS. Just have Wonder Woman convince the two to stop fighting and the three form a Justice League then do a Justice League film. Many of the characters are not interesting enough to warrant their own films (Or have had their story told already in a better format)

3 Likes

But the first Justice League movie is coming in 2017, right after Suicide Squad. I am actually pretty hyped for that movie, now that I think about it. I’ve come to accept the Joker’s wacky costume. That, accompanied with the death of Jason Todd apparently at the beignning, if leaks are to be believed, is giving me a very nice vibe. Also, on a separate note, there is the possibility of a Batman solo movie in, like, 2020.

3 Likes

I know! I hope he’s ther-
Oh wait, you just meant-
well okay…

You should probably spoiler tag these leaks anyway, just for people whom haven’t heard them, just in case they’re true, they’re probably not, but still

1 Like

They’re really just speculation, frankly. For all we know, some fan dressed up as Jason Todd came to set and someone was just like, “OMIGOSHITSJASONTODDINTHEMOVIEHOLYCRAPIMGONNATELLEVERYONE.”
I’ll spoiler tag from now on, though.

2 Likes

http://i.imgur.com/NjM3ltY.png
pls

8 Likes

Wonder Woman’s vie portrayal will either make or break that character. Both in the movie and in the comics.

4 Likes

I’d love to see Wonder Woman portrayed right. Unfortunately, I can see people not liking how she’s portrayed.

1 Like

the woman playing her does not exactly have the physique of Wonder Woman, she’s just so skinny, Wonder Woman is not skinny, she’s bulky, if she does a good portrayal of her, I will easily forgive that, but from what I’ve seen from that actress, it does not inspire confidence in me

2 Likes

It’s not her physique - I think she looks perfectly fine (in the way that, until I see final footage, I don’t see it not working).

The deal is that there is no definitive character or voice to Wonder Woman. Writers still don’t know who she is (ambassador, warrior, teacher) and that carries into the writing. Wonder Woman is completely undefined.

So if she’s written really well in the movie, and if Gal Godot nails that delivery, that can definitely influence how the comics get written - it has for Iron Man.

6 Likes

I hope she can do a good performance, but this movie is already crowded as it is, so I hope she isn’t really in Batman v Superman, and is just a cameo

1 Like

I don’t want DC movies to suck, but on the other hand I kinda do.

4 Likes

San Diego comic con footage of the costumes of Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman.

3 Likes

To be fair its her physique as well, she’s meant to be able to hold her own against Batman and Superman both intellectually and physically and her characterisation almost always includes the idea of Amazonians being proud warriors.

In addition the movie is drawing heavy inspiration from The Dark Knight returns so Wonder Woman somehow needs to look like an adaptation of this alien monstrosity drawn by Frank Miller;

http://www.comicbookbrain.com/_imagery/_2010_06_07/frank-miller-wonder-woman.jpg

The image is from the sequel because the only time she appeared in The Dark Knight Returns series was in the second one for a flying sex scene with superman that caused Tsunami’s

3 Likes

Spawn of Satan what is that. She doesn’t even look alien. Is she Voldemort or what? Look at all of the nose she doesn’t have.

4 Likes

Personally more worried about her spine that bends at an odd angle o_o

Her muscles on the left arm look supah blocky too.

1 Like