The DC Universe

Because Batflek was the only thing about BvS that everyone seemed to not hate. People will go ‘oh, well this might be good since he was the only good thing in that really bad movie,’.

2 Likes

Here is hoping Wonder Woman will be good, otherwise the Batman movie is going to have to fight as hard as it can to not suck and be trash, I have a feeling that it will be the make or break moment for the entire DCEU. It will either be the one that does well and is good, or the one that makes people give up.

3 Likes

You’ve obviously never been to Redneck Pennsylvania.

Apparently, Chris Terrio is the only credited writer of Justice League. And about Snyder and WW, that could easily be a “Joss Whedon/X-Men” situation where the script was rewritten but one line was kept in so he had to be credited. Or he could’ve just wrote a mid-credits scene that could lead into Justice League, especially if the scene involves Diana finding info to recruit Cyborg.

No, I haven’t. :joy:
Did people there not like Ben Afflek as Batman?

1 Like

Yeah. They are mostly butthurt Bale fans.

1 Like

If WW manages to be really great, to really blow everyone away, then there’s hope for the JL movie to succeed. If it isn’t, then I’ve lost hope.

2 Likes

That’s really a good description.

1 Like

Honestly, Nolan’s Batman wasn’t even that good. His fighting style wasn’t fast enough, he didn’t brutally break arms or interrogate with a cold, callous expression (instead he yelled like a kid throwing a tantrum), and he only used stealth scare tactics for the first movie. The last two in the trilogy turn him into a generic super hero that yells and just happens to wear a costume modelled after a bat. They did really good with Bruce Wayne, but awful with the character of the bat.

2 Likes

Yeah, but they’re beyond reason.

Will Batflek even be made at this point? If WW and Justice League bomb - which they can still very much do - DC might shutter the project entirely.

I’m very confident in the Batflek movie, since Affleck is been given so much creative control. But I’m not confident in how long it will take to get there. And it’s not going to save the DCEU, just that version of that character.

I kind of disagree.

DC already has marked out it’s quality standard. Suicide Squad was supposed to be what you’re hoping Wonder Woman to be. They trashed that movie, and now every DC movie will be good…for a DC movie. They want to reach Marvel critical acclaim and box office numbers, and they just can’t, because of the quality they are right now. And until they do, corporate will mess with the movies.

Justice League is already doomed to fail because Snyder just fundamentally doesn’t get the characters. Geoff Johns? He’s a publicity stunt at best to give fans hope to see the next movie. Because that’s all Warner has: the hope that maybe, just maybe, the films might be better. That’s how they get their tickets bought opening night.

DC fans were saying this with BvS’s bad reviews. Well, at least Suicide Squad can’t be bad, right? And they’ll say that with Wonder Woman, and with Justice League, and with every other movie going forward.

Warner isn’t as hands off as Disney is. That’s going to cost them.

11 Likes

Yeah. I think their Batman movie is going to be thrown in the ring to save it if Justice League fails. But realistically, why would they throw away *The Batman if the character is one of the few **good parts of the DCEU?

*That’s the actual title.

**Mostly. Pretty much anytime Snyder’s not writing the character, like in SS, where Batfleck seemed so close to Conroy. Other than Harley, Deadshot, El Diablo, Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman, and Alfred, he’s great. Well, so far Aquaman and Flash look good.

Really, @SwagMeister ? Like Bobby Burns said, their trailers are great and it’s sad because it seems like they only make movies to make good trailers. And a dark, gritty, half-naked Aquaman is nothing new. Go watch the Justice League animated series.

I finally saw Batman v Superman and it was no where near as bad as people were saying… It deserves more than a 27% on rotten tomatoes.

2 Likes

Did you see the director’s cut or the theatrical release?

1 Like

The theatrical version

Perhaps a 28% will do it justice.

8 Likes

So how about them “spoilers”…

2 Likes

So I finally watched BvS, and I gotta say… that was pretty bad.

It was okay when it was first starting out, but as the movie progressed it just got boring.

I didn’t really care for the super dark and edgy tone of the movie, nor did I really care for the portrayals of the characters, because they didn’t feel like they did in other media. I didn’t really like that Batman shot and killed people and that he attempted to take Superman’s life, even if it was in the comics.

The Justice League setup also felt pretty heavy-handed, especially with that Flash cameo.

The actually BvS battle was very boring and I lost interest during it, actually. The final battle was also really boring and implausible and was dragged on. It also looked really fake, since they were using mostly CGI for it, and looked like a video game.

Overall it was a pretty bad movie I don’t think I’m looking forward to the future installments.

also that batmobile’s no tumbler

6 Likes

The only time that was in the comics, to my knowledge, was in the far future when Superman had gone insane and conquered the world.

3 Likes

I finally watched a bit of Suicide Squad on some website (the only time I’ve done such, honestly though, I have no interest in paying money to encourage DC’s bad attempts at movies. So that’s my justification :stuck_out_tongue: ). To be honest, I don’t hate it like I did Batman V Superman, but I thought it was just as bad. I think it’s probably because I expected it to be like this. I watched about 30 minutes and got tired of it, it felt like it was trying to hard and everything felt too much like a trailer. I have no interest in watching the rest.

1 Like

Really the first 40 minutes is the only good stuff in it.

2 Likes