The DC Universe

Then it’s probably a good thing I stopped there :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Here’s what I am going to say, unless Wonder Woman or Justice League is good, I will not see them.

3 Likes

I think Wonder Woman will be good. Justice League however, hopefully as good as Justice League War. Apparently the big rumor is that another trailer will drop on December 16th, since Snyder announced a new trailer soon.

Ehhhhhhh. BvS looked good in the trailers, but ended up being bad. Like, I want to look forward to WW, but I have no faith in DC.

We will see, though.

6 Likes

At least Wonder Woman didn’t spoil the villain in the second trailer. That’s what LEGO did.

Correction: it was a guy who found the set pic and description for the mercy set.

I could only see the film failing if the third act got jumbled. Or the film focused too much on characters instead of villain plot.

I’d love to have a good Wonder Woman film but my trust for DC’s current line of films is lacking.

6 Likes

/s

I don’t really have an opinion on what the ‘DCEU’ has done thus far with there movies and directions, seeing as I’ve only watched Man of Steel (which I quite liked IMO). From what I’ve heard at least, it’s at least being different to the MCU? Maybe? Idk.

Having watched the Wonder Woman trailer, it does appear to look good, though I’m not sure as to whether or not I’d want to see it.

3 Likes

Yeah like, I like the concept of releasing origin stories after the characters have appeared before, which is something I’m doing with my main story. The problem I have is that the movies aren’t that good at all.

4 Likes

Well, I wouldn’t say that they’re not good at all, there are certainly good aspects of them that are good out of context and in a better movie might’ve worked.

1 Like

Yeah I was a little too harsh there. There are some things that are good, but mostly they’re pretty bleh.

2 Likes

Well, the scariest part of the DCEU is that whoever has been making the trailers as of late (Suicide squad, the later BVS trailers, and now WW) Has been doing a stellar job. So even if the movie is horrible, or just simply meh…we can’t know…

CURSE YOU EDITING ROOOOOM!!!

5 Likes

Apparently, Suicide Squad was a mishmash of a shaved down cut of Ayer’s work with a version of the film edited by the guys who did the trailers. True or not, I still can’t believe that Ayer was given only six weeks to come up with a final draft. The concept art of the Navy Seal parademons that were originally planned are pretty interesting.

1 Like

When Tom Hardy left Suicide Squad that must have been an easy day for a news headline writer. “Tom Hardy commits Suicide Squad”

And yes I know I just stole a Zero Punction joke, but it’s still true.

2 Likes

After SS, I’ve started to get the feeling that the actors, writers, and directors are not to blame for the critical failure of the DCEU. It’s starting to become pretty obvious that the executives, pushing for a story that will make money, not necessarily be good, are to blame.

8 Likes

Man it’s ALWAYS executives who ruin superhero flicks.

Can we, like, get rid of them?

5 Likes

Actually, that’s what the original script to Suicide Squad was. Bad people doing bad things that good people can’t do, i.e. getting rid of the executives. Obviously though, this version of the script did not get green lit. :joy: /s

3 Likes

I badly want Wonder Woman to be a good film, but I’m afraid I’ll be tricked once again. I’m tired of DC’s shameless false advertising. Do you guys think it’s even possible for Wonder Woman to be good?

3 Likes

Well, I’m not sure. DC is quite the basket case now, with the recent Suicide Squad Extended Cut uproar and the possible recasting of Ben Affleck. They might as well make every DCEU movie in LEGO now because that seems like the only way for them to make a decent DC film.

1 Like

Wait… I didn’t hear about Batman being Recast?

2 Likes

Why would they even do this? I hate seeing actor inconsistencies in a movie series.

This has to be a rumor made to troll people. I mean, DC can’t be THAT stupid, right? R-right…?

4 Likes