The DC Universe

Ben Affleck has said he has not been signed for any DCEU film past the first Justice League and that The Batman will not move forward until the script has been perfected. Because of the multiple issues he has had with it, it may be shelved and recasting could happen if no progress is made. I personally don’t believe it, though there is a slim chance. Though I didn’t jump on the bandwagon against Ben, Miller, Gadot, Eisenberg, or Leto when they were castes, I would say whoever the replacement would be is not good enough for the role.

Crackpot Theory: Will Smith is sabotaging the film so he can replace Ben as Batman like he wanted to.

1 Like

Pretty sure it’s just a rumor besides even if they do recast, the cinematic universe would still suck that wouldn’t change.

The only character that needs recasting is Lex Luthor.

1 Like

I think it was said a while ago that eventually they will bring Bryan Cranston as Lex Luthor Sr. as a pseudo replacement. Just a rumor though.

I mean… I’d personally be 100% okay with a Joker recasting. I’m not too fond of Leto’s joker honestly, and I really don’t like the whole Ledger Joker voice impersonation he’s doing.

I’m going to be dead honest, I didn’t like Ledger’s Joker either. AMC’s adaptation of The Walking Dead’s Negan feels a lot more like comic book Joker to me. I always saw the Joker as a charismatic manipulative sociopath with a bit too much pride and an emphasis on being very vain and at the very least theatrical. I’d honestly prefer someone trying to channel the look and mannerisms of the Arkham Asylum/City Joker. I know some people like different, but when you start to walk away from the very core of a character in an effort to make something different, it ends up becoming a totally different character wearing familiar skin.

I still don’t see how the voice is too similar. If Joker is in The Batman, then maybe Ben can steer him in the right direction.

I really like the Dark Knight Joker, but TBH, it only really fits with in the Nolan Batman films. People trying to imitate it just isn’t right.

2 Likes

Do you want to know how I got these scars?

“No?”

You see, my father was a bit of a drinker…

2 Likes

And not that WB will admit it, but so they can see what they can need to fix so 2 is better than 1 just in case 1 is bad.

1 Like

Here’s a good idea: get rid of Snyder.

5 Likes

Get rid of the terrible executives in charge.

1 Like

Snyder is reportedly taking a break from DC movies. Which means Afflek will be doing the directing.

1 Like

He’ll be doing just one movie, though. Snyder’s going to have done four movies once JL2 is out.

1 Like

What I have learned from the DCEU, fan will always be quick to flock to the defence of these films no matter how bad it is.

3 Likes

Apparently Snyder might not direct JL2 and will instead focus on his Afghanistan war drama The Last Photograph.

As long as he’s not directing anymore, I’m fine.

2 Likes

Apparently we have what is either the title of Justice League 2 or a new changed title for the movie coming out in November 2017.

http://moviepilot.com/p/new-title-justice-league-apokolips/4171477

1 Like

Well I guess that confirms that the box in the trailer for Justice League was a Mother Box.

So DC is going down the Terminator rout and spelling words wrong.

3 Likes

well i mean apokolips is an actual thing in the DC universe but yeah whatever

3 Likes