The DC Universe

Is any ‘hero’ in the DCCU not a mass murderer?

Currently Superman and Batman both are.
Wonder Woman is a warrior so she likely is.

So are any of the ‘heroes’ actually heroes?

-coughs-

If Batman causes a death… that is him murdering someone.

Personally i feel it emphasises them.

Batman cameos in Suicide Squad, all the villains in Suicide Squad have fought Batman multiple times previously - so the big question is why they get to live when he’s murdering/slaughtering basic criminal goons…

Honestly, I’d suggest you don’t see it in cinemas. Its more hated than liked, and its quite likely that you’ll dislike aspects or perhaps the entire thing - plus the DVD release will have an extended cut that will hopefully fix some of the gaps in story (Given entire scenes are missing from the cinema release that are important for the plot)

At 2 hours 30 minutes in length, you should be sure that you want to see it and are very keen in seeing the sort of direction from Man Of Steel before you commit to watching it in cinemas. Even those who I’ve spoken with who enjoyed the film mentioned how terrible or unintentionally funny (due to how bad it was) certain aspects of the film were.

Well, we don’t even know exactly whether or not killing was always Batman’s shtick. He could’ve started only after Robin died when he retired. He could’ve taken a little pity on these certain people. Waller could have intervened. Why didn’t Batman kill the sex-trafficker he branded? Maybe Batman is just like “They somehow lived, it happens. They died, it happens.” It’s gotta be the alcohol.

1 Like

People kept telling me the movie was too long.

Is it just me or did the movie feel kinda short?

3 Likes

I think the entire comic book community would beg to differ.

2 Likes

That could be involuntary manslaughter.

2 Likes

Question. I want to watch the movie, but I need to know now. Which Robin Died?

Robin Underwood

6 Likes

It’s the DCEU Jason Todd, since we’ve didn’t see Rick Grayson, or Tim Drake in this movie, maybe that Solo Batman Film.

1 Like

Thank goodness. I was worried it would be Grayson, or worse, Tim.

I think the first solo Batman film should take place before BvS.
That way we can see which Robin, and why he (Batman) kills.

2 Likes

Could be a brand new character.

Kinda like Nolan’s “Robin.”

2 Likes

That’s the worst thing since the Bat Credit Card!

Though I don’t want it, it’d be cool if they never revealed Robin’s identity and kept it a mystery.

1 Like

They’ve clarified that Batman’s brand essentially means ‘prison death’ as he does it to the meanest of criminals. Everyone he’s branded is essentially killed in jail by other inmates or wardens.

That would require Batman to be unaware of the consequences of his actions… which i guess makes sense, but he doesn’t show remorse… so if it went to a court similar to Superman’s trial chances are he’d be considered a mass murderer.

I think it should be set after BvS - with a Batman who realises that he’s messed up. He has flashbacks to how he and Robin were before - and then he’s introduced to the ‘Red Hood’ (His former Robin, Jason Todd, who was twisted and warped by the Joker) who has modelled his new personality after Batman - and believes every criminal should be killed.

We could even have this scene occur where Jason questions why he let certain criminals such as the Joker live - and at this point Batman realises that killing criminals is wrong. Then we get to realise that Batman has been killing criminals because its easy - and he knows its the wrong decision, turning over a new leaf.

Though admittedly watching all these good bits of the DC animated universe makes me realise just how terrible the DCCU really is.

4 Likes

DC should stick to animation, and Marvel should stick to live action. They’re better at their normal thing.

4 Likes

And the few who have survived prison make up the Suicide Squad.

@Hutere_The_Toa_of_Air But who would take the video games?

Both of them. They are both pretty good at those.

Strange. Haven’t really seen any good Marvel games.

The lego one is great.

Besides Lego.

1 Like