The "Did You Know"/Fun Facts Topic

American Facts:

1. John Wayne based he’s famous voice on Wythe Earp.

2. CIA and The Mafia where once try to kill The Cuban Dictator.

3. Former President Ronald Regan was a Actor.

Here’s an interesting fun fact: I am not dead

1 Like

Did you know they have a topic like this on BZPower?

3 Likes

2/3 of the population of Iceland lives in the capital city, Reykavick. I probably butchered that spelling.

You very much did.
Reykjavik.
:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

did you know there’s a place in australia called batman avenue

it’s true i go there sometimes

8 Likes

Do your parents get shot every time?

5 Likes

Only on weekends

4 Likes

Interesting.

2 Likes

Did you know skeletons took over the world? You want proof? There’s one inside of you at this very moment.

17 Likes

Gray_Hewks… That was brilliant.

10 Likes

Actually, they did. The poem originally was a riddle, ending with “who was Humpty Dumpty?” The answer was, “an egg.”
Anyway, heres some facts about America:
George Washington was not our first president.That honor belongs to John Hanson of Maryland. There were also many other presidents before Washington- he was just the first one under the current constitution. The others were under the Articles of confederation, our previous constitution, in which the president and congress weren’t paid.

St. Augustine, Florida, is the oldest city in America. On a related note, Juan Ponce De Leon was the first person to land in what is now the United States, not Christopher Columbus. Juan was searching for the fountain of youth.

Despite the fact that for the past century our presidents have been only republican or democrat, we have at least twenty eight ballot-qualified parties, and two hundred fourteen state-level parties.

There is a mysterious colony in America called Roanoke. It was established the year 1585 with an extremely small amount of people and supplies, but was promised that more would come by 1586. However, none came, but what did come was one Sir Francis Drake, who (after a successful raid in the Caribbean,) decided to stop there. He offered to take some of them back to England, which some did. They introduced maize, tobacco, and potatoes to england. Soon after his departure, though, the relief fleet finally came- to find the island abandoned. They left some colonists, but took most back to England. In 1587, a new group of one hundred fifteen settlers came, but found nothing but a skeleton. The settlers re-established Roanoke. No help for them arrived for about three years though, and when they did arrive, it was again abandoned. There was no sign of struggle, and the only clue was the word “CROATOAN” carved into a fence post. As such, they were going to go to Croatoan (now Hatteras) island, but a storm came, so they were unable to search. They left the next day. To this day, no one knows what happened.

5 Likes

HAH! JOKES ON YOU! I LACK A SKELETON.

Or a body…

HALP.

1 Like

I heard about that Roanoke. Pretty creepy stuff.

5 Likes

Feel the spook shivering it’s way up your spine

3 Likes

My facts are some of the most useless but that isn’t going to stop me

Transformers is based on a Japanese series called Diaclone.

There is a Gundam teddy bear with mouth lasers.

Transparent and metallic ABS plastic is far more brittle than solid colors.

IIRC that is because trans and metallic LEGO pieces are not made of ABS, hey’re made out of polycarbonate.

6 Likes

Actually, metallic effects are often done simply by swirling metallic flakes into the plastic. This leads to a loss in the structural integrity of the material because the ratio between plastic and metallic flake is unbalanced.

Though I really don’t know much about the transparent shades.

I’m not referring to Lego pieces here. I’m a member of the Transformers fandom and am referring to those processes.

1 Like

Oh, I see… and perhaps hat’s why said trans LEGO pieces are made with polycarbonate in the first place.

1 Like

Likely why.

While Lego’s plastics aren’t perfect, I’ve never had or seen serious issues with transparent parts.

With Transformers, on the other hand…

4 Likes