The Elder Scrolls

Let’s be honest here, you recognize Morrowind for this piece more than the main theme xD

3 Likes

It’s telling that it plays all the time when you’re on Solstheim in Skyrim. XD

2 Likes

Truthfully, I think I prefer Skyrim’s soundtrack above the rest. I just have this thing for war drums… I dunno. Maybe I’m a viking on the inside. All I know is that the chanting and the war drums do it for me, and every other song is just so atmospheric that… It’s just so perfect. Gotta say tho, Out of the Cold is probably my favorite. I have no idea why, it just feels so… relaxing and peaceful. I like sitting by the fire when it’s all cold and snowy outside, so yeah. This is all despite how much I hate winter as a season, because everything’s dead and looking outside is just depressing. That’s probably why we have a holiday centered around lights and presents, to psychologically distract us from all of the dreary.

I want a game set in Summerset Isles. I like Altmer (although I find Dunmer more date-able), and I think the island province of Summerset has much to offer architecturally/visually. I just imagine it as a beautiful place very disconnected from all of the strife everywhere else.

4 Likes

So your favorite piece would be:

This?

2 Likes

That’s probably my 9th favorite piece. My favorite is Sovngarde, and my 3rd favorite piece is Watch the Skies. But nah, everyone’s secret favorite has to be Ragnar the Red. :wink:

I have to say, I love Unbroken Road.

4 Likes

I spend hours at a time on UESP doing research only to find out the only part of TES I don’t know all that well is the music.

Well I guess it makes sense given the fact that I have next to no musical talent.

I will however say TES is tied with Halo for my favorite video game soundtracks.

1 Like

You might want to get more interested in the soundtrack, there are some pieces you can relate to.

(Some may give you the feels aswell)

2 Likes

Oh I know there’s good feelsy and relatable songs. I just don’t know any of the songs by name.

(half of them blend together in my mind).

Mostly it’s my lack of musical sophistication that bars me from further knowledge on the topic.

1 Like

Try to look for a playlist in Youtube, that’s how i find out the names.

Also:

Wrong.

This is everyone’s Jam:

4 Likes

Man, there are so many great tracks in the Elder Scrolls games…

I haven’t played Morrowind yet (blasphemy!), but I’ve listened to the soundtrack quite a lot. My favourite from that one, generic of an answer as it may be, is Nerevar Rising. Absolutely love it as a main theme, and I think that one single song nails perfectly the wonders and exploration of the entire series. I also really like Peaceful Waters and The Road Most Travelled,

For Oblivion, I’d say Peace of Akatosh and Auriel’s Ascension, although I love all of the exploration tracks in that game. Skyrim however is quite difficult, since personally I think it has the best overall soundtrack in the series. But the ones I love the most are Dragonborn (duh), Unbroken Road, Dragonsreach, Far Horizons, One They Fear, Wind Guide You and Sovngarde.

Also going to mention some from ESO, despite the fact the soundtrack is not as good as the ones composed by Jeremy Soule (I believe he only composed the main theme for this one), it does have a few great ones, such as Echoes of Aldmeris, Weapons Drawn, Northpoint Nocturne and Tides of the Abecean Sea

Soo much for trying to limit my choices, but again I love the soundtracks in the entire series and coming up just a few examples is really hard.

2 Likes

Ay guys.

Today is Morrowind’s 15th Anniversary!.

What was the most funny/shocking/epic moment you had on it?

I’d say mine was:

4 Likes

I think it’s the 14th anniversary

Let’s not make us all feel older than we actually are. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think my favorite memory of playing the game is searching for the Cavern of the Incarnate. You have pretty good clues to go on, but to find it, you have to think creatively and keep track of where you are on the map. It makes you feel as if you’re really finding a long-lost ancient site. No other game has made me feel like an archaeologist. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Man.

I remember 7-years-old me trying to find Arkngthand.

It took me 2 God-freaking-long days.

3 Likes

12 year old me took a week.

(I restarted like 10 times because I kept forgetting to save)

2 Likes

19-year-old me found it easily enough, but kept getting killed by Snowy Granius on the way. XD

(I got into the game really late, after playing Skyrim to death. :stuck_out_tongue: )

3 Likes

Just found this, felt like sharing it.

2 Likes

I love that vid

The only thing missing is that he should be constantly jumping to level up acrobatics quickly

3 Likes

Morrowind = Hop Simulator 2002

4 Likes

The most shocking moment I had was when I first set out in the wondrous peaceful world that is Morrowind, and then proceeded to get killed again, again, again, and so-on at the start of the game.

Jumping was so bad in Morrowind. You could accidentally get yourself into an insta-death via fall damage if you weren’t careful, because collision in its engine was simply awful.

I booted up Skyrim again, mainly because I wanted to create a character that’s a descendant of my Morrowind character. It’s sort of like a carbon copy, he generalizes as a spell sword, but prefers using magic a bit more than his sword. I’m focusing perk points on destruction, enchanting, and sometimes alchemy for easy money.

3 Likes