The Elder Scrolls

I don’t think it invalidates the lore anymore than having an omnipotent being in, say, Narnia or LotR. :stuck_out_tongue: C0DA is the thing that really screws up the lore, but fortunately it’s not canon. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

We need another Dragon break then.

Wait a minute.

The Dragon break at the end of Daggerfall happened after ESO therefor until we have proof it is still existing in a later game we can headcanon that the Warp in the West “unwrote” it from history.

Why don’t I know what this is.

My knowledge is deficient.

This must be fixed.

3 Likes

Michael Kirkbride trying to make everything, even fanfics, canon

I think

2 Likes

I looked it up.

Seems very odd.

And it defys my theory that the TES universe is stuck in a permanent medieval culture.

2 Likes

I think the whole Landfall/Loveletter thing also disproves that…not sure if it’s canon, though. XD

2 Likes

The whole world of TES is totally the dream of some vault dweller in the fallout universe hooked up to a tranquility lounger as a part of some strange Vault-Tec experiment.

4 Likes

The Nirnroot in Fallout 4 proves it!

4 Likes

Wat.

Things like this make devs like me regret easter eggs.

Though given the odd nature of Fallout canon, TES could be part of Fallout but Fallout couldn’t be part of TES.

2 Likes

http://www.imperial-library.info/content/loveletter-fifth-era-true-purpose-tamriel

Caution: Full MK. Proceed with care.

2 Likes

Does anyone know the canon status of this author’s work?

Is this something from Oblivion trying to trick us?

Or is it I Love Bees quality advertising?

2 Likes

Yeah, I remember people trying to claim that TES happens later in the Fallout Universe just because of the stupid Nirnroot, but there were too many plot holes with that theory.

However, you could say that TES is the Fallout universe at its very beginning, sort of like how Tolkien’s Middle Earth was meant to be seen as our world at its very beginning, despite magic and immortality not being real to us.

I think the godhead being some vault dweller in an experiment that makes him live out multiple different lives makes more sense though. Because of this you could just say that Nirnroot is actually a plant that grew naturally in the Fallout universe pre and post-war, and the godhead is just mentally constructing a plant familiar to him during the simulation. It also explains why when people like Talos realize they’re the godhead, they either zero sum or gain manipulation over reality. They’ve realized that it’s all just a simulation up until they die, in which case the simulation erases the dwellers memory and makes them begin anew.

3 Likes

Tl;dr, nope. :stuck_out_tongue: Sometimes Bethesda incorporates MK’s non-licensed writings, sometimes they ignore him. XD

3 Likes

Or we can believe Bethesda propaganda and say the player characters are Shezzarines.

4 Likes

Man, the Nerevarine was a fool then. He could have taken that heart and tried to regain divinity and manifest himself as Lorkhan. But naw, let’s destroy it instead.

4 Likes

Ya, I think it’s pretty much safe to say the Nerevarine wasn’t a Shezzarine.

EDIT: Wow, that’s kind of a tongue twister. "The nerevarine wasn’t a shezzarine. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Well if we believe MK than almost all varieties of Talos, Shor, etc are Lorkhan avatars.

Not to mention other guys like both Underkings.

3 Likes

I’d like to see Lorkhan rise back to power. Maybe that’s why the Daedra have such an interest in the mortal plane (something they should rationally despise). They don’t want Lorkhan coming back, he terrifies them. The Daedra aren’t all bad guys, but they’re all lazy and don’t want to actually put energy into creating anything with their power. Freeloader deities.

3 Likes

Speaking of Lorkhan, was it ever actually revealed what happened to the Dwemer after they disappeared?

4 Likes

It is also possible he didn’t know.

(also the exact connection between Shezzarines and Lorkhan is unknown).

I’m just speculating.

The exact ramifications would be interesting. After all he has no clear cut motivations.

He is associated with everything from the DB to nordic chivallry.

At the same time though how do you follow up bringing him back?

A game that has him would be the perfect grounds for a “final” game. (bad as that sounds).

Only that they are somewhere in oblivion.

Where though?

Only Lorkhan knows.

4 Likes

A lot of people seem to think they essentially merged into one consciousness, or a hivemind, housed in the original Numidium. But since that was destroyed, yeah, it/they’re stuck out there in Oblivion somewhere.

3 Likes