The Elder Scrolls

YEE

I hope you have as much fun with it as I did! And don’t forget to mod it! I recommend at least getting:

SkyUI (makes the UI much easier to use on PC)

When Vampires Attack and Run For Your Lives (keep civilian NPCs from foolishly getting themselves killed against high-level opponents)

Open Cities Skyrim (makes it so that the cities exist in the same worldspace as the rest of the game, instead of being inside their own cells–in other words, it makes it so that you don’t have to go through a loading screen to enter a city)

Better Quest Objectives (makes it so that you don’t have to rely on the compass arrow on your HUD to find quest locations)

The Paarthurnax Dilemma (spoilers)

Detailed Map Mine Markers (shows what kind of ore you can dig for at each mine)

Stones of Barenziah Quest Markers (makes an otherwise nearly-impossible quest doable)

A Quality World Map (marks borers and roads on your map)

The unofficial patches.

That looks like a long list, but believe me, that’s just the tip of the iceberg as far as mods go. :smiley:

3 Likes

I plan go through the full story at least once before modding. I actually find the UI easy to use anyway, and the others I plan to go without until I’ve had my fun with the vanilla game :slight_smile:

Also, could you PM me about the Paarthunax Dilemma mod? It’s not really spoilers since I’ve already met said Parthunaax on my friend’s console.

1 Like

Does anyone know how to get rid of Vampirism (not the DLC)?

1 Like

Become a werewolf from the brotherhood quest chain.

1 Like

Alternately: Skyrim:Rising at Dawn - The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages (UESP)

1 Like

Yeah, but how do I talk to an innkeeper without being attacked?

Sneak up on someone while they’re sleeping and drink their blood. That will lessen the severity of your vampiric symptoms and make people willing to talk to you.

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

Just make sure no one sees you doing it. :stuck_out_tongue: And quicksave beforehand in case you wake your target up. (Probably should’ve said that earlier…)

1 Like

Oh my grob, quicksave is a life-saver (no pun intended).

Trust me, I use it all the time.

1 Like

It’s the only way to level pickpocketing without going nuts, amirite? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This is a pretty cool map of Tamriel;

http://i.imgur.com/Gn4Az.jpg

2 Likes

My first game was Skyrim, then I bought Morrowind, then Oblivion. Lord, I feel the difference. Skyrim(Xbox) is a good game, to an extent. The dungeons are reused, and boring. The game lacks the depth of the other games, and I think everyone knows where I’m going with this. The game is still very good. My current character is an Argonian named Z’ak-Tann :stuck_out_tongue:

I love Oblivion(Xbox), but always get sidetracked and never finish the main quest.

Morrowind(PC) is a fun time, but I haven’t made any real progress due to exploring and never going to Vivec so I can do the sidequests.

Basically, I like sidequests

Daggerfall and Arena don’t work on my computer.

Do any of you guys know if ESO is worth a buy?

@John_Smith

0 o 0

SEALED???

My copy of Morrowind GoTY is just the jewel case, but the thing that sucks it, the second box is broken…

How is Bloodmoon? I never got to play it, and I have contemplated buying Morrowind for Xbox just to play it.

For Elder Scrolls 6, I really want the game to take place in either Black Marsh or Hammerfell(Or High Rock). Another hope of mine is to bring the complexity of previous games into it(Not saying the Hit-Or-Miss combat). Morrowind was extremely complex, with the leveling system, weapon repairs, journal, no questmarkers, etc. I felt like Skyrim was too easy after playing Morrowind.

2 Likes

From what I played of the beta, I’d say to pass on it unless you can get it for 5 or 10 bucks. It really wasn’t very good.

It’s awesome! Playing on XBox would be pretty rough though, I’d imagine. I recommend waiting for the Morrowind GOTY to go on sale on Steam or some other site for 5 bucks or less.

I agree. Unfortunately, they’re going to want to market the next game to as wide an audience as possible, which means the gameplay will probably be similar to Skyrim’s.

2 Likes

Thing is, I have Morrowind GoTY on PC already(Physical copy). I installed Tribunal just fine, but Bloodmoon refuses to install on my PC. That’s why I was thinking about getting the Xbox release…But from what I’ve heard, I think the console port is kinda buggy.

I’m hoping for the best. Just a little complexity is fine with me. Like I said, it’s just not the same. Still hoping on Black Marsh though :smile:

2 Likes

That’s really strange. Bloodmoon ought to install if the other parts of the game are working. Maybe there’s something wrong with the install disc(s) for Bloodmoon? And yeah, I’ve heard the console port is buggy and hard to use. Plus, you can’t mod it!

Well, y’know what they say: hope for the best but expect the worst. :stuck_out_tongue: I like the idea of setting it in Black Marsh, but I’ll be happy with anything if they do it well.

2 Likes

Yeah. I tried installing it as soon as a got the game. But not everything works in my game. The Dark Brotherhood armor does not work. My computer isn’t build for gaming. Still can’t figure out why I can’t mod either :stuck_out_tongue:

Exactly. All of the Provinces are interesting in their own way, but I just thing Black Marsh is interesting and mysterious, even more than the other Provinces. Another cool place to see would be Orisinium, but I don’t think Bethesda could base a entire game off that small area. Maybe as an explorable place if we get a game in High Rock, but eh.

Does anyone here have Battlespire?

2 Likes

That’s really strange. Outside of trying the Steam version…maybe OpenMW could help? Just a guess. As for mods, do you know about Wrye Mash?

Orisnium might work, actually…all the games post-Daggerfall have been infinitesimal compared to how big they’re supposed to be in the lore. It would be interesting to see an area that hasn’t been scaled own as much. Then again, it might not have enough variety in terrain/culture to justify being its own game. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see what Bethesda decides on. :stuck_out_tongue:

Alas, I do not have Battlespire. I really want to play it (and Redguard), but I have no idea how to get it to run. XD

2 Likes

I’ve tried everything to my knowledge(Excluding this), but it says I do not have permission from Bethesda Softworks. However, I do have the Construction set, so I can make some :smile: . Never had this problem with a game before. But anyway.

Bethesda seems to be doing good for themselves. I was amazed at Fallout 4 and all the stuff you can do, so lets hope the Elder Scrolls 6 gets the same treatment.

Because let’s face it… Online wasn’t really the way to go. Battlespire had multiplayer, and that kinda flopped. I would have much rather had a next generation Elder Scrolls experience than have Online :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Indeed, I bet TES VI will have even more features than Fallout 4.

And yeah, Online was basically a cash-grab (Bethesda wasn’t even involved in making it). I might like to have a limited multiplayer mode in a normal TES game (someone is working on a multiplayer mod for Skyrim btw), but an MMO doesn’t really appeal to me, and from what I can tell most other TES fans have similar feelings.

2 Likes