The Elder Scrolls

I’m rooting for Summerset, but really, I think we don’t have enough info to go on. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Dude yes.

It’d be interesting to see everything from the Thalmor’s perspective.

3 Likes

Exactly. I really want them to follow up on that loose thread. Skyrim kinda left us hanging. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Who knows, maybe the Thalmor aren’t as bad as we think. Perhaps they’re better for Tamriel as a whole and we’ve just been too busy seeing everything from the eyes of sore losers who can’t handle anything that scratches their pride.

I mean, they have a point. Why would you worship Talos, thought to be Lorkhan incarnate? He started the cycle of life and death, and thus is responsible for all of the trauma mortals endure. Not to mention he wasn’t very considerate to trick the Aedra like he did. He honestly is a conniving piece of work, and the Altmer seem pretty justified in banning the worship of Lorkhan and his various incarnations.

3 Likes

bethesda swore up and down they wouldn’t do this.

Personally I like the idea of doing a whole region like maybe the Elven nations of Valenwood and Summerset Isle.

Or maybe Hammerfell and High Rock since they got pretty shotty appearances in Daggerfall.[quote=“Tarvaax, post:385, topic:3781”]
I mean, they have a point. Why would you worship Talos, thought to be Lorkhan incarnate? He started the cycle of life and death, and thus is responsible for all of the trauma mortals endure. Not to mention he wasn’t very considerate to trick the Aedra like he did. He honestly is a conniving piece of work, and the Altmer seem pretty justified in banning the worship of Lorkhan and his various incarnations.
[/quote]

The Thalmor didn’t ban Talos for any of those reasons. To be frank they didn’t ban Talos for his possible Lorkhan connections at all.

They believe that they are the descendants of the Aedra that created the world. Litteral gods. The running idea is that when the Aedra created the world many of them had to give up their power and become “less” (there is evidence that the elder scrolls may be some of these fallen Aedra)

The Thalmor believe themselves to be descendants of those guys. They think that worship of Talos is “keeping them mortal”.

Moreover the Nords might have the right idea with their reverence of Shor (basically Lorkhan with a different name) because they see him as the bringer of life to the world.

The debate then is whether you think that Nirn itself deserves to exist.

3 Likes

And, by extension, whether mortals (humans) deserve to exist. :stuck_out_tongue:

Not to keep brining up Kirkbride, but he has an interesting-if-vague quote on the subject:

3 Likes

This could mean that they will achieve their goal of imortality and leave the mere mortals alone.

[Puts on Tin-foil hat]

Or it could mean everybody’s doomed.

(It’s also possible that Kirkbride is just writing to be cryptic)

2 Likes

Exactly. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure they banned Talos partly because he was a human whose worshiped as a god.

3 Likes

A part of me feels the next elder scrolls game needs a break from Tamriel.

So many things in Tamriel are almost baring for a new TES game.

Morrowind is almost eradicated because of umbriel and the ministry of truth.

Black marsh is a horrible move to make if you want new players to join. (albeit kinda cool for those who know the lore)

Elsweyr is in a pretty similar boat.

You can’t return to Skyrim without dictating a canon answer to the civil war.

That severely limits the available options unless maybe they try having the next game in Akavir or another continent.

1 Like

I think Hammerfell could be a good choice, the setting is cool, interesting, and pretty much the exact opposite of Skyrim, and there aren’t any barring issues that I know of.

1 Like

Well, that’s part of it, but it’s really that they’re trying to un-make Nirn/Mundus. See what Xev said a few posts back. :stuck_out_tongue: Also, look into the lore about Towers–tl;dr, there are several towers in Tamriel (like the White-Gold Tower, the Throat of the World, Red Mountain, and the Adamantium Tower) which help bind the world together, at least some of which have been “deactivated” over the course of the last few games.

Well, Hammerfell, High Rock, Summerset, and maybe Valenwood could still work. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Black Marsh lore would make it extremely weird for the main character to be anything but Argonian, it’d be pretty lore breaking to be able to walk into the inner parts as say: a Nord or Dunmer. The only place your character would be able to run around in lore-wise would be Imperial outposts on the outskirts of Black Marsh.

1 Like

I got into the beta.

No NDA so I can talk about it.

2 Likes

How is it? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I’ll tell you when I wake up in the morning.

Even beta players need sleep.

So after playing it I thought it was interesting.

It seems to be taking aspects of ESO and melding them with modern TES lore.

2 Likes

mfw you realize the empire lose almost all its influence over tamriel.

2 Likes

So um I stopped playing ES: Legends.

I found it kinda boring.

2 Likes

What should they fix with the game?

2 Likes

They should give me a reason to keep playing.

In other TES games I felt like I was earning something and that my character was improving.

In this one I am collecting cards and increasing a number next to my character portrait.

I just want to have a progression beyond a few more cards.

3 Likes