The Elder Scrolls

Is this how you honor the Sixth House? Question me openly, and not by stealth.

3 Likes

tbh Lorkhan/shor/talos/every-one-else-ever kinda orchestrated it

2 Likes

I actually did Solstheim while I was only halfway through the main game - was perfectly doable until the end. There things got nearly impossible. Just managed to defeat the final boss because I managed to hide in a place from where I could hit him but dodge his attacks.

Oh, and in the Tribunal DLC I defeated the final boss with fists only :stuck_out_tongue: Fists are overpowered in this game once you’re strong enough.

2 Likes

I do not honor the sixth house, I honor Talos!

2 Likes

YES.

2 Likes

Am I the only one suspecting that it might be High Rock?

I think you might end up right. Which is a shame, because I really wanted Hammerfell.

2 Likes

YAY, Elder Scrolls VI!

Was it mentioned somewhere when we can expect it? Not that I’ll buy it before the legendary edition is released anyway…

2 Likes

Pretty sure it’s gonna be for next gen consoles.

2 Likes

C’mon, let’s go to Hammerfell!

2 Likes

So apparently I’ve made a lot of progress in Morrowind ever since I defeated Dagoth Ur. First I decided to retrieve the Lord’s Mail and Dragonbone Cuirass. Then I decided to do the Divayth Fyr puzzle with the locks (took me a while to figure out) and then got the Daedric Crescent. (Plus I added some face mods because after a while I grew tired of some of Morrowind’s faces.)

Plus I’m getting closer to completing House Redoran’s quests. Once I do so, I’m going to try Hlallu (because I accidentally triggered a glitch where you can be part of two houses). Then I’ll begin some of the DLC in Mournhold and Solsthiem.

Side note, tried to kill this guy earlier on in my playthrough but he kept whooping me. I came back after defeating Dagoth Ur and defeated him. Very satisfying I must say.

So yeah, coming close to beating everything I’ve wanted thus far as a pure warrior. I dread the DLC quests, as I hear those are really tough!

4 Likes

Pre-Skyrim Bethesda DLC expansions tend to be brutally spongey. The valley you walk to holds nothing but death and frustration. Enter at your own peril.

3 Likes

Was that this guy hanging out in an underground Daedric Shrine all by himself on the very lowest level?

If yes then I remember encountering him, too, very early in my playthrough. After he killed me a few times I just stood above him and shot him dead with my magic rings and the few scrolls I had. I couldn’t carry enough to take a lot of his armor with me, though… was kinda disappointing.

3 Likes

Guess who is the newest Archmaster of House Redoran? The Nerevarine named Lilith, of course! (Sorry for changing the face again. I think this looks better though.)
Now onto the DLC I suppose. First stop: Mournhold!

Well the first level had worshippers, but yeah he was at the bottom all alone with tons of loot. Very glad I managed to beat him in the long run.

Sounds fun. I’ll make sure to cry myself to sleep when playing it too.

5 Likes

I remember I stumbled over some mage quest boss who was capable of oneshotting me there…

Final Boss was a joke in comparison. Like I said - punched into submission with my character’s bare hands.

I feel like Mournhold in general is more difficult than Solstheim, but Solstheim’s final part is pretty insane. I’m still amazed I somehow managed that before even reaching the point in the Main Story where you are infected with Corpus.
On the other hand you can level bare handed combat very well on Solstheim which sure came in handy later on. I remember running through Kogoruhn naked and killing everything just with fists. Those were the good times…

3 Likes

So Mournhold… Why did I ever decide this was a good idea?

Legit though it feels like everything is out to kill me, and they’re incredibly capable of doing so. It’s honestly terrifying. I didn’t realize how difficult the goblin army would be to fight, but sure enough I actually died a few times. I haven’t died in this game in a long time.

This was one of the first things I saw entering the goblin caves. It was super relatable to me since I had been struggling throughout the cave to keep myself alive. When I managed to escape those caves with my life, I realized this DLC was gonna be harder than I realized.

Wizards that appear out of nowhere, jerk-face Bosmer demanding your money and then trying to murder you (I’m just staying away from Gaenor so I never start that quest), and corruption being rampant in the city. Mournhold is a huge mess and, well…

…I love it! This DLC has been thrilling and very challenging. And there’s been some legitimately funny things too.

I thought this was a very funny quest due to the Nord passing out very drunk. There was an awesome quest where you had to fight killer robots that turned against their master. And then I fought evil wizards who had basically an army of daedra to kill me.

I’m gonna continue more of these quests but later. This DLC is very stressful for me so I need some breathers every now and then. I look forward to finally meeting Almalexia though.

5 Likes

You should have made for the Gap of Rohan.

4 Likes

Gedna Relvel is so many levels beyond pain in the butt.

I swear both MW DLCs were made assuming every MW player would be using the Cheese strategies, and sadly probably forced what few legit players remained into cheesery,

3 Likes

With Mournhold I didn’t really have any problems that forced me to use any Cheese strategies. Even Relvel in the end was just a matter of dodging that first fireball. Come to think of it… is stun-locking enemies by stab-stab-stabbidy-stabbing them with a shortsword in rapid succession considered Cheese?
Bloodmoon finale was a diferent case, though. I mean, I probably was severely underleveled for its finale, but what I did there was definitely Cheese.

1 Like

it certainly became a reason why a fair few people resorted to absorb health daggers (absorb health does nothing if reflected so it’s ‘safe’)

2 Likes