The Emoji Movie

FTFY

1 Like

I don’t understand why people don’t just watch Wreck-It Ralph, or the Lego movie, they have similar plots and don’t try to cash in on todays trends, but instead immerse viewers with an experience they would enjoy. Also, why in hell would somebody pay top dollar to watch a movie that’s so horribly sucky and garbo? Would you watch a movie that’s only selling point is “Oh look, we’re emojis!”? No? EXACTLY. I don’t just hope this bombs at the box office, oh no no no, I hope it bombs so hard that it sends everyone who worked on the movie (except for Patrick Stewart, he’s p cool) to an alternate universe where emojis switch places with humans, and they have to live the rest of their lives inside a phone, watching as they’re exploited for money, seeing all the whiney, bratty, snobby children begging their parents "But I wanna see it, It’s cool! LET ME SEE IT OR ELSE! HAVE YOU SEEN JOSHUA?!! HE’S MY FAVORITE!!!. Sorry for the rant, and also, excuse my French, baguette baguette baguette

2 Likes

Guys I am so hyped for this movie, I hope that the Meh Emoji succeeds in his quest to be different!

2 Likes

i think he’ll still be meh in the end.

1 Like

I think this movie will be :poop: in the end.

8 Likes

It would be amazing if the end of the movie was the meh emoji going back to his phone or whatever his world is called (I honestly only saw pics and heard a description of the trailer, I haven’t properly watched it) and then the kid drops his phone and breaks it and all the emoji in his phone die.

5 Likes

So, comparing this movie to the Lego Movie.

In the Lego movie the message is that with a little imagination, and some plastic bricks, you can create limitless worlds of fun.

In this, it teaches kids that the lines of code in your phone are alive, like some sort of
Machine… Spirit… THRONE OF TERRA DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS! Clearly, this is the start of the adeptus mechanicus. I recommend putting up with this movie if it means the Emperor will reveal himself

1 Like

better he drops it in a toilet. Imagine the LOL XDDDDD scene they could make with the :poop:.

1 Like

:poop:: GUYS! I DID IT! I’M FINALLY HOME!

Pretty accurate video:

3 Likes

Once this movie comes out, I bet you could recreate it scene by scene just using different movies.

4 Likes

This video is extremely accurate, however I am disappointed in it because it forced me to see the trailer for The Emoji Movie in little bits. I was trying to avoid watching it at all. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Hey it’s the totally accurate “edgy” and “cool” girl who is just a love interest for the main character. :wink:

1 Like

:unamused:
/
best main character

3 Likes

I would’ve made a joke about poop being the main character since there is an emoji for it, but POOP IS A MAIN CHARACTER IN THIS MOVIE

Here we are in the suffering pit.

Horrible, terrible news guys

I was watching a movie today, and the theater hit me with a curveball.

THEY PLAYED THE EMOJI MOVIE TRAILER.

Now I’ve seen that piece of crap, it is just… so, so, so, so, so, bad. The worst part was that “”""“JOKE”""""" they tried to make at the end with the stupid hand and the candy. I really hope Sony goes bankrupt over advertising this movie then having it fail miserably. Also someone remind me again why their going on an adventure? They never made it clear, oh wait! I remember! IT’S SO THEY CAN MAKE A MOVIE AND GET MONEY. But seriously, the trailer didn’t say anything about why their going on an adventure, and why they need to “leave the phone” (in quotes because I think that’s what they were trying to do, I don’t know because either this trailer/movie sucks and they really don’t have a point or I was too busy questioning what the film industry has come to, to pay attention. But I know what happened in the trailer so the former). Everything in the trailer was so, so, SO pointless, boring, and ‘cringy.’ But the worst part about the entire experience is…

Everyone but me was laughing and thought it would be a great movie (which I know that last part, because children don’t know how to shut up in a theater. But that’s what happens when you watch Captain Underpants, you get a theater full of dumb kids with IPods and emoji [Yes they really did have IPods, not even joking, I saw them using them before the movie, 100% true I swear. Almost all of them, they’re all like, 6 to 8 years old by their looks, why do they have them? Why am I still typing?]).

Rant over, I guess.

5 Likes

We need Sony to last a little bit longer so they can put out Baby Driver, which shall be a masterpiece. (No, it’s not animated, and it’s not about a baby either.)

Trailer for Sony’s one right move this year:

You know all those rage and reaction videos you see on Youtube all the time that say, “oh the emoji movie, this is so cancerous cinema is dead and they don’t make good movies anymore”

Look at the highest grossing films of 2017:

Now see, only one of those films has been accepted as “cancerous”. Maybe more, but when someone says that just because we have another terrible film on the way cinema is ending then that’s just not quite true.

And the hate for is is a little uncalled for, cause come on, we’ve all used emojis, and we’ve all probably expected this. It’s not a shock that this is happening. Good movies aren’t dead, the film industry isn’t collapsing into cash grabs and cookie cutter, uninspired garbage, and while I wouldn’t go so far as to say movies in general are getting worse, they’re certainly not getting worse.

The point is, this film will probably go on to make a huge load of cash, maybe become one of the highest grossing films, possible even be well received by critics, but it probably won’t make cinema turn to crap.

1 Like

Well, when I say cinema is crap, I mean anything can be a movie nowadays and be accepted as amazing even though it sucks. But you’re probably right, it might do well…

But if it does, then cinema is UTTER BULLS- BANNED