The Emoji Movie

I see where he’s coming from even if he didn’t phrase it quite right. Adults have to worry about bills, groceries, relationships, their own kids, etc, so they deserve a higher, more clever class of comedy, while kids, who are still young and care free, can have the lowest common denominator jokes thrown at them because they’re young and are easier to make laugh.

Still doesn’t excuse an abomination such as this, though.

3 Likes

Not all kids are dumb. If you’re gonna be smart about humor, do something everyone can laugh at, otherwise you’re segregating the audience. So have some high brow humor, some humor everyone understands, and low brow stuff.

5 Likes

When you put it that way, I can see what he’s trying to say, but the way he says it not only discredits his own movie, but also makes him sound like an a-hole (I can say that here, right?), implying that children aren’t worthy of higher-quality entertainment.

Pretty much this.

4 Likes

Exactly, which is a horrendous thing to think. Kids should be given high quality stuff, even if they may or may not understand it’s worth.

Even if I was a parent, I would be insulted to think someone thought my children didn’t deserve better.

5 Likes

he mad because his movie sucks

2 Likes

I mean he’s a terrible person in general. Just look under “personal life” on wikipedia.

2 Likes

“Miller described learning about a cerebral arteriovenous malformation on his right frontal lobe on the Pete Holmes podcast You Made It Weird on October 28, 2011. He stated that he became more philosophical, narrated his behaviors, and was unable to sleep while filming Yogi Bear in New Zealand. His brain surgery was successful, though there was a 10% risk of fatality.”

alright maybe I could understand his personality

No not that.

He punched an Uber driver just over a small disagreement. Which makes me mad because my dad works for Uber but that’s unrelated.

This just goes to show you what kinda thought process went behind Sony when trying to make this movie. “Gee, let’s hire that one guy who thinks kids are dumb and let’s make it one giant commercial so we can get easy money, since it’s just gonna be one giant trend movie!”

Sony you freaking suck.

5 Likes

he was born 18 years old or what

this is sadly a good portion of the entertainment industry, though it’s fortunately getting better.

2 Likes

Yeah, what he says makes sense theoretically, but irl it doesn’t apply, because there are smart kids and dumb adults.

2 Likes

I just hope Im not in that category

1 Like

I never knew about this discussion topic until today, and i agree with everyone about how bad this movie is.

I will never see this movie, but man oh man can i say that this discussion topics… is WAY funnier than that movie would ever be XD.

also, i get the feeling that the only reason this movie was made was because someone lost a bet and had two options: Pay up a large sum of money… or make an Emoji movie.

2 Likes

No, it was made because Sony wants easy money.

At least the bet explanation would give a reason to why no one who worked on this did not stop and ask “wait, what are we doing?”

Exactly. As I said, it still doesn’t excuse The Emoji Movie for being dumb, but I can see his statement as a defense for including SOME low-brow humor in films. Pixar manages to juggle their humor pretty well. They’ve got stuff anyone can laugh at but how many four year olds laugh at the “Piccaso/uncultured swine” joke in Toy Story? That gives the older crowd something to laugh at, and when those four year olds grow up, they can go back and laugh at that too.

4 Likes

I don’t think anyone is in much of a disagreement with this. The point is that the creators of The Emoji Movie are not only idiots, they’re just plain jerks who think kids will laugh at the dumbest things.

4 Likes

Sony is the King of Cashgrabs.

2 Likes

With this, Ghostbusters, and the upcoming non MCU Spider-verse, I think Sony Pictures may go bankrupt by 2020

3 Likes

Stop selling internet culture into mainstream media, it will never work. You failed with attacking 4chan and pepe, and now you fail with the emoji movie.

1 Like