The First Resistance (RP topic)

Several Xir’algath took notice, and attempted to charge at Surius and dismantle his machine.

Surius would use the laser cannon he had created to blast at the incoming Xir’algath.

The Xir’algath scattered, but one leapt up in the air and stabbed downward towards Surius.

Kyran studied it.
“I’ll take care of it.” He began to walk towards it.

The Xir’algath activated the machine again, and it was aimed right at Kyran as it began powering up.

Kyran calmly continued walking towards it.

How amusing, walking right towards your own death!” Rahab boasted as he was about to fire the machine at Kyran.

Kyran raised an eyebrow. “Am I?” He lifted his staff and began to spin it in a complucated pattern, still walking forwards.

Phenex sneered and activated the machine, blasting a beam right at Kyran.

Kyran deflected the beam, the energy bouncing off of his staff. His progress was halted as he focused on his staff, but he began moving again.

Surius would use his own laser arm to shoot at the prone Xir’algath, considering that it was pretty hard for a non-flying entity to change direction midair.

@Runa
The Xir’algath was blasted apart in the air, splattering everywhere.

@meepinater
The Xir’algath glared at Kyran as he tried to blast him again.

Kyran blocked again, gritting his teeth as he pushed forwards.

While everyone was distracted, Styrke took the opportunity to attempt to destroy the machine he summoned Skullbreaker and swung down on the machine from behind. The machine suddenly broke down, and fell apart combusting slightly. The Xir’algath stood back, shocked. They then began roaring and shrieking in rage.

Phenex glared with immense hatred.
No, no!” he shouted angrily, stamping his feet.
You shall not get away with this!” he sneered, as he pulled the reactor core out of the machine and clenched it in his hands.
He then chucked the core at everyone, as it was set to explode .

As Jonathan watched the reactor core sail towards him and the others in slow motion, a bunch of thoughts raced through his head.
Was this really how they were all going to die? Was this the end? And Jonathan could have done something about it.
Jonathan remembered all of the things he never intervened in, all of the problems he could have solved had he not been such a coward.
Rage, regret and adrenaline then filledJonathan’s entire body.

No. This wasn’t how it would end. If Jonathan was going to die, he would make it a worthwhile death.

With that, Jonathan stepped out nd suddenly ran in front of his friends. He jumped in front of them, and caught the reactor in his right hand.

And then there was a bright flash of light, followed by a loud boom.

Jonathan’s vision then faded to black.
After lying unconscious for what seemed like days despite it only being a few seconds, Jonathan’s dark blurry vision slowly began clearing. His ears were ringing, and there was mumbled shouting in the background.
As Jonathan’s vision adjusted, there was thick black smoke, sparks and rubble everywhere. Crumbled buildings, burning grass. Jonathan slowly lifted his head to look at his body, and that was when the pain immediately set in. Jonathan’s head fell right back down, as his mouth gaped open in a silent scream of agony. Oh God, did it hurt! Jonathan felt pain in every part of his body; Shattered bones, muscles shredded apart by shrapnel, burnt flesh, he felt everything all over and without mercy.
Mustering all the strength, Jonathan turned his head and fought back against the overwhelming pain, to check his right arm.
But nothing was there.

It took a few seconds for Jonathan to realize what had happened. With growing horror, he stared down at the charred, bloody stump that had once been his right arm, cut just below the spot where his elbow should have been.
Jonathan gripped the bloody stump tightly, nearly fainting from hysterics.

“Jonathan? Jonathan?!” Dr. Zed faintly called outvas he searched for Jonathan in the smoking rubble.

And then that’s when everyone would find him.
@meepinater
@Runa

Kyran wasted no time and kneeled beside his friend. “Stay back.” He warned the others. “This is dangerous for you. Stay back.” He gripped his staff tightly and held it over Jonathan’s body.
“I might not be able to regrow your arm.” He warned Jonathan. “But a magical prostetic is entirely possible.” He closed his eyes and began muttering words in a strange language. A ranbow bubble formed around Jonathan, and he would rise into the air. With any luck, his wounds would begin healing.
Pieces of shrapnel floated up and formed a smooth, shiny metal arm to replace his right arm.

1 Like

Ciestaal watched, and let red energy flow into the crystal ball that constantly swirled around him, building up within. “I may be able to help as well.” He says calmly.

“Jonathan!” Dr. Zed shouted as he scrambled towards his body. He kneeled as close as he could in front of him without intruding on the bubble.

“My arm is gone…my arm is gone…” Jonathan repeated over and over in shock, half-conscious.

As Kyran’s magical healing energy and Ciestaal’s red energy swirled around his body, his wounds started healing, but very slowly. And scar tissue began to form over his many wounds as a side effect.

“Wait, stop! Not yet. Scarring will make him inoperable.” Zed said to Kyran.
He reached into his lab coat pockets and pulled out a snall sleek black cube. He activated it, and everyone would find themselves spirited away to the medical bay of their base.

Dr. Zed lay Jonathan’s broke body on the operating table.
“Stand back.” He said to the others.
“I know what’s best for him. Let me operate.”
@Runa
@meepinater

The energy keeps flowing into Ciestaal’s red orb. “His soul is damaged as well.” He says. “And this is the only way I know how to fix it. Tell me when it is safe, and I shall try to heal his soul.”

1 Like

Kyran frowned, but lowered his staff.
He was not used to being told what do to, nor was he used to having his skills refused.

1 Like

Dr. Zed nodded, and he got to work.

Jonathan was inserted into a cylindrical glass cone-shaped mechanism.
Robotic arms descended from the ceiling and reached towards his body.
Behind the glass wall of Jonsthan’s operating room, A control panel appeared before Dr. Zed. Sighing, Dr. Zed began what would be a very long and laborous period of work.

Over time, the mechanical arms and remote medical tools worked vigorously. Many different operations had to be performed. Shrapnel was magnetically removed from his body, his bones were mended and his charred flesh was removed. As all of this was done, whizzing, hissing, whirring and puffing noises were audibly performed by the machines. Various needles and serums were injected and inserted into his muscles, piercing places even deeper than below his muscle tissue.
The damage was more than superficial. It was very deep-seated. And so Dr. Zed had to go cut very deep. But the worst part about all of this was, Jonathan felt it all. Anaesthesia could not be applied as it would have interfered with the operation, and so Jonathan felt every procedure being performed, despite his heavily damaged nerves.
In the next step, cybernetic components were implanted. These implants would serve to augment Jonathan’s strength, speed, agility and reflexes, if not rehabilitate him to having normal levels of those attributes.
Then, a small swarm of nanomachines were injected into his bloodstream. The nanites would heal any internal injuries, as well as any future ones.

Many hours later, and the work had neared completion. Jonathan’s severed arm as operated on, and given a connection socket at its end.

@Runa
Wiping sweat from his forehead, Dr. Zed turned to Surius.
“You, you can construct an arm just like your own?” He asked.