The Flash (Spoiler Tag Season 2 Stuff)

Wait, I’m not a politician. :laughing:

1 Like

THEORY TIME!!

I think Zoom is the Earth 2 Barry Allen.

2 Likes

That is a sound theory!

I think the same

So yeah.

This show is still great.
I hope it stays this way.

One of the things I like about the show is that they have their own stories and aren’t copying old stories from the comics, like they do sorta, but they have just enough originality that it seems like it’s own thing. :smile:

1 Like

yee, it’s cool

I actualy don’t know if Zoom is from the comics, like I assume he is

2 Likes

Sadly I’m not one to watch a show mid season, I’m going to have for the reruns.

1 Like

In the comics he’s known as Professor Zoom most of the time.

So, Season 2 discussion/theory time.

Who do you guys think the strange masked man in Zoom’s prison was at the end of episode 13 “Welcome to Earth-2”?

Actually Zoom and Professor Zoom are different characters.

Eobard Thawne is Reverse Flash/Professor Zoom.

Hunter Zoloman is Zoom.

2 Likes

Oh boy.
After tonight’s episode,

lololollololollololol

[spoiler]

I did not expect Hunter Zoloman to be Jay’s doppelganger. :smile:
Neither did I expect him to be Zoom, idk why[/spoiler]

2 Likes

yeah, that threw me for a loop, so much

1 Like

http://cdn-static.denofgeek.com/sites/denofgeek/■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■=OqFI5GDB

from Den of Geek:

[spoiler]“For starters, it becomes apparent quickly that this guy is Caucasian. And as one tantalisingly brief shot showed us, he is hiding some short dark blond hair under that mask. And in another fleeting shot, we got a good look at the man in the mask’s stature…”

“So, our mystery masked man seems to a fairly heavy-set guy. He’s not rake-thin skinny, but he’s not Arnold Schwarzenegger-levels of muscular either. If it’s a recognisable actor under there, though, The CW may have made them wear extra layers under the jumpsuit thingy to hide their exact physiology from the viewer.”

“Either way, that dirty blond hair helps us rule a few of the male cast members out: the masked man can’t be another version of Barry Allen, or Harrison Wells, or Cisco Ramon, or Joe West, or Ronnie Raymond. That doesn’t help much, though, as we already knew about all of their Earth-2 counterparts. We can also rule out Wally West and Diggle (if that helmet was enough to get you on-board that speculation train), based on physical appearance alone.”

“Once the code is broken, our face-hiding glass-knocker manages to communicate just one word before Zoom threatens him and shuts him up. That word is ‘Jay’. When Barry asks if he means Jay Garrick – the man he believes to be Earth-2’s Flash, who has spent most of the season on Earth-1 mingling with the STAR Labs crew (and ends up dead at the end of the episode) – the masked man nods in clarification.”

“Barry assumes that the masked man thinks Jay is dead, and quickly explains that he is actually still alive and has relocated to Earth-1. This causes a big emotional response from the man in the mask, who wallops his fists on the glass and shuffles around a bit (which, in fairness, is about as much emotion as he’s capable of displaying). Zoom promptly bursts in and puts a stop to the chitter chatter.”

“This masked guy clearly has history with Jay and Zoom, and has been locked up and silenced to stop him from spilling important secrets. For some reason, Zoom has imprisoned him rather than murdering him. This suggests – if Zoom’s other decisions are anything to go by – that the masked man could still have an important role to play in proceedings (does he have speed or another superpower that Zoom seeks to steal?), or could be used as emotional leverage against someone else.”

“Obviously, there’s something go on with Jay Garrick that fans don’t know about yet. The masked man’s response to hearing that Jay is still alive on Earth-1 wasn’t that of ‘oh good, our hero lives on!’, it was more like ‘oh God, you don’t understand this situation at all!”

“One theory doing the rounds is that the man in the mask is the true Jay Garrick (whom Zoom is keeping alive to siphon speed from), while the character played by Teddy Sears that audiences have come to know as Jay is actually a fake who works for Zoom. The ‘Jay’ we’ve seen could have stolen the original’s face in the same way that Eobard Thawne stole Harrison Wells’ identity back in season 1 (explaining why all the Earth-2 guest stars recognise ‘Jay’ as The Flash).”

“It would also explain why ‘Jay’ has taken a sudden interest in regaining his powers over the last few weeks. Perhaps Zoom has told ‘Jay’ to up his game and bring him some Speed Force to feed on. If this is the case, maybe Zoom killed him at the end of this episode because his work is now done – the Velocity drug seems to pretty much work now, so Zoom can just come in and steal it. ‘Jay’ is no longer useful and could blow the entire operation if he blabbers. Hence the murder.”

“There’s a strong chance, as well, that Jay’s Earth-1 doppelganger - who goes by the name Hunter Zolomon (which, in the comics, is the true name of Zoom) - will come back into play somehow. Perhaps he’s evil, and helped Zoom concoct the plan to use his Earth-1 doppelganger to get close to Barry. The folks at The CW wouldn’t give a character the name Hunter Zolomon without good reason, after all.”

I also think that the “I lost my speed” thing is just an excuse for the imposter.[/spoiler]

you can read more: The Flash season 2: who is the prisoner in the iron mask? | Den of Geek

This should probably be spoiler tagged.

2 Likes

Well, this topic has been dead for a while. Rip all of your theories, Let’s spoiler tag Season 4 stuff, and continue the discussion. The last episode I’ve seen is Crisis on Planet Eobard my man, so yeah. Can I say how much I want an episode where Barry and Thawne team up (Flashpoint doesn’t count)