The Hands of Teridax (WIP)

Lately I’ve been attempting a redesign of Makuta Teridax from g1. I drew a peice of concept art that you can find in my “doodle depository” in the artwork section of creative content. Based on that artwork, I have thus far created a pair of arms for a Teridax revamp. (I’ve also made a pair of feet, but they’re simple and not worth showing yet.)

All criticism is welcome! I’d much rather have it now than after I’m finished with the MOC. Thanks!

UPDATE

Unfortunately, I don’t own a Kraakahn, or I’d put it on him.

21 Likes

neat. but you should see if you can build it so he can bend his hand.

1 Like

CANT WAIT TILL ITS DONE!!!

2 Likes

It’ll be difficult, but I’ll see what I can do.

1 Like

I like the use of system.

1 Like

It how from thick to thin then back to thick. Not really go that should look

1 Like

UPDATE ^^^^^

1 Like

Dang this looks good. Definitely would look better with the kraakahn

2 Likes

I agree. It’s really too bad I don’t own one lol

1 Like

He’s really missing the bulk of the original, the arms are about right, but otherwise he’s oddly svelte.

Actually, that was intended. This isn’t necessarily a revamp, or I’d have put more effort into detailing than shaping. This is more of a reimagining of Teridax. I’ve always felt that the bulky, stocky look severely contrasts Teridax’s conniving, scheming, seemingly all knowing character. I think a taller, more lanky silhouette fits better with him.

1 Like

Maybe to give it hand articulation try using balljoints at the wrists

Then I’d have to completely change the build of the hands. I have thought about mixel joints though. I just don’t have any atm

Instead of a red bushing, try a ball joint and modify the hands

I like the way the hands are. I don’t want them to be much bigger, which is what they’ll get if I use a ball joint. Either that or I do the stereotypical custom hand, which I was trying to avoid.

Could modify it slightly and use this

Then this or something similar

I get where you’re coming from, but the proportions would be weird if I did that.

True. I feel like mixel joints could work though

1 Like

Yeah, definitely. I’ve already got it laid out, I just need the parts.

That contrast is something I really like about Teri, the change may be more “fitting” but it ends up being far more, expected, generic, by the number, you get me?

1 Like