The History Discussion Topic

I got 100% on my History Exam for this unit and on the essay. That’s pretty exiting.

1 Like

I am aware.

It just inspired me to look up the actual history =P

1 Like

Aw man dude that’s sick! What was it on?

In other news, I’m actually writing a history essay right now. It’s TOTALLY not due tomorrow…heh heh heh… :worried:

2 Likes

Exam: It was a test on the growth of absolutism and how it affected Europe, and how the scientific revolution played with it.

Essay: Explain how the Scientific Revolution led to the decreasing power of religion in Early Modern Europe.

1 Like

I actually think I wrote an essay on this not too long ago :slight_smile:

Anyway, those are some interesting (and important) topics!

1 Like

I was so afraid I was going to get a bad score on that essay… But it turns out, as long as you have it neat, organized, backed-up with evidence, and make sure it makes sense, then you can get a good score on your paper. (Oh, and make sure it’s factual).

As for your essay on the French Revolution, here’s a nice little video for ya:

4 Likes

finishes up conclusion to paper

“Alright, let’s see what’s on the boards…”

sees le video

facepalms XD

4 Likes

Congratulations, at least you got it done!

2 Likes

So… what to discuss… anyone have a favorite area of history?

I like all of it, so I guess I can’t even answer my own question.

One of My favourites is svenska stormaktstiden (swedens era of power). Btw did you know that sweden is the country that has fought in the most wars in the world. Most of them were with denmark.

1 Like

Somebody else uses crash course? Breathing intensifies

My favorite historical period (because I feel like I should state this…) would either be the early 20th centruy (1900-1956 to be more precise) or everything from the Renaissance (Which I would argue technically wasn’t a historical period, more like Europe becoming fancy again) up to the 19th century. Yop.

1 Like

Last week my sister and I were learning about the Bolshevik Revolution. Anyone feel like talking about that?

When Benedict Arnold, post turned traitor, asked an American prisoner what the Americans would do should they capture him, he replied, “We would cut off your leg and bury it with full ceremonial honor. The rest of you, we’d hang.”

Ever heard of the law of entropy?

(that’s enough of my personal opinions for you, I hope)

Military history all the way.

Trotsky would like to be recognized.

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue:

Let me finish with Dostoevesky first.

I said TROTSKY, not Tolstoy. Get your Russian straight man.

Gimme a break, the only famous Russians I recognize are soviets and tsars :stuck_out_tongue:

Go back to your textbook and find out who Trotsky was.

Ah, another Marxist :stuck_out_tongue:

Yup. The one who Stalin kicked out and gave no credit to.

Typical of Stalin :stuck_out_tongue:

I also see he was an editor of Iskra. I need to get a job spewing out propaganda. I’d be good at it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like