The History Discussion Topic

Steven, what are you talking about

Lewa’s Nova Blast is… historical fiction

2 Likes

What else do you call a Kamikaze wind, while separating it from the World War II suicide pilots, on a BIONICLE message board

You could call it what it is
It’s a little concerning that you’re comparing a hypothetical fictional semimagical windstorm to a historical practice of potentially forced patriotic suicide

<hlkjh

2 Likes

Oh, I was thinking of the wrong Kamikaze

My mistake

(Still, though, you could call it what it is)

1 Like

But the metaphors

did you know that Julias caesar was once captured by pirates, who demanded ransom?when they got caesar back, he ordered them to be crusified, witch they eventually were.

1 Like

Oh yeah, well Emperor Gaius made his horse a senator.

4 Likes

@BioRaiders532: That was Caligula you n00b
@charyas: Julius Caesar actually demanded that he was worth more than the pirates asked for ransom. Also, because the pirates had treated him nicely, he had their throats cut first.

3 Likes

Wasn’t he insane or something?

I mean, making your horse a senator is pretty crazy.

2 Likes

Yep, insane. Just like his brother

EDIT: Gaius and Caligula are one and the same.

Shame on me for not remembering.

2 Likes

Yup, full name was Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus. Caligula was apparently a common nickname.

Why did the Emperors have to have such long names…Republic days were better. :confused:

Because they liked having the name Caeser in them, and the names of previous emperors or rulers in their names.

Ironically, the Julia-Caesers were practically no one until the First Gaius Julius came along.

Anyone here know of Lucius Caesar that guy who added a name whenever he blowed his nose? :stuck_out_tongue:

He was co-emperor with Arelius, I think.

How do you splel his name?

I think it’s Aurelius. :slight_smile:

Tanks. Did I get the emperor right?

Speaking of the Roman Emperors…

Does anyone remember Nero? Ya know, that guy who burned Rome and blamed it on the rather-peaceful Christians?

2 Likes

Of course

No no no, they didn’t have those in ancient Rome

3 Likes

well they had Testudo formation

which is sorta like a tank