The In-Between (RP Topic)

“I can assure you that I am superior to their archaic, butchery. I bet they didn’t even use the Scientific Method.”

Hepohepo floated upwards. “Well, where’s the fun in a method? Didn’t you know? Chaos reigns supreme.

“Incorrect. There is strength in order. The Triangle is stronger geometric shape than the scribble.”

“But isn’t scribbling and watching it collapse so much fun? If order were so great, wouldn’t there be no conflict? No war, everyone preferring the ‘order’ within piece? Wouldn’t that just be so boring?”

“Boring is stable. Stable is strong, and unchanging. Chaos introduces too many unkown variables.”

“But the unknown adds variety. Variety adds enjoyment. Without enjoyment, without fun and emotion and liveliness caused by change-by Chaos-what’s the point in existence?” He said, finally able to sip a soda obtained out of nowhere.

“Survival. Improvement. Discovery.”

“Survival? If you have nothing enjoyable to live for, why survive? Improvement? Improving what, a life you don’t enjoy? A world that won’t value the improvement you made? And discovery? Oh, discovery. Without the unknown -without the seemingly random and chaotic- what is there to discover?”

“The Animal lives for survival. Nothing more. I think, therefore I am, and I must persist.”

“Okay.” Hepohepo says, realizing there’s no rationalizing with AI, programmed to have a specific mindset.

“so why am I here?” Echo sighs

Kumu asks the same while clinging onto ava

“You are here for processing.” Said The Mainframe

“You’re the one who came here,” Said ALRA,“I should be asking you, but perhaps you could be of assistance to me.”

“Scientific method, scientific method… OH! You mean when you have a select amount of techniques for investigating phenomena, acquiring new knowledge, or correcting and integrating previous knowledge.” Spirax said in a startlingly sane voice before snapping back to partially normal for him. “Hmmm… I dunno I think they mighta partially used it, I mean there were over 300 of us and most of their additions did work, even if I was the only lucky one to come out ok. As for the superior bit, you probably are if you’re like big voice!Shiny building, lots of parts, no need for secrecy, much better!”

“Correct. I have more resources, more ideas, and more brainpower.”

“Well of course! You’re like big voice! A computer!.. Right?”

“I am a computer.”

“So was he! Then he was a robot!”

Echo shrugs as if to say ‘true’ “now, what do you mean by assistance? What do you need?”

“What processing?”

“I require the death of my most hated advesary, he steals my creations, and claims them as his own, utter filth.” ALRA spat.

“I require a greater understanding of your assorted powers, and the means for me to weaponize them.” The Mainframe replied.

Blaze kept silent. He had been through this before and he knows he could potentially get turned to scrap or make him wish he was scrapped. He looks for any sign of how to get away from the voice’s source while protecting the others. (@BrokenAxels)