The In-Between (RP Topic)

The Mainframe scanned the weapon.

It was a tool similar to a metal-worker’s torch. The temperature output capability was impressive. It showed signs of continued use over many years; there are scratches and dents that show it had to be in direct contact with the material it was shaping. Blaze activates the firestaff and begins…sculpting it into a small, humaniod shape that was holding the keycard in its right hand as if passing it to Blaze. Blaze looks at the ice carving and smiles, “Another successful piece.” He plucks the card from the statue, “Thank you, little one.” He says in a jesting manner. He puts the firestaff away and begins walking to the terminal to use the card. He chuckles, “That was a fun little project.”

“Continue to the next test.”

They do so.

OOC: @BrokenAxels, you there?

There were several smaller walls branching off from the sides of the room, and something at the other end began to shoot at the test subjects.

Blaze tackled the others and hid behind some cover. “Okay, that’s happening now.” He then asks Mainframe, “Objectives, please.” He fishes through the masks in his pack and finds he has a Rode, Rau, Powerless Protector Mask and his own. “And no Haus. Anyone got Growth and Regeneration Kanoka in their pockets?” he asks. He thinks that the group may have to slowly move from cover to cover to reach the other end of the room.

“Exit the chamber. Like all the others.”

“And get past the turret trying to fill us with lead.” He mutters. He fires a bamboo disk to ricochet around the room on a path towards the turret and listens closely.

he hit the turret spot on, causing it to topple over and deactivate. The Mainframe scanned his movements, and weapon.“Proceed to the next test chamber.”

“Phew.” Blaze says rather relieved that he didn’t have to slowly cross the room. The group goes to the door and Blaze retrieves his disk before they move on.

the next room had a bridge, over a toxic liquid, and large hammers were swinging over the bridge.

Blaze figures they have to get across without getting launched into the liquid by the hammers. “Okay, what are the rules here?” He asks. He looks at the metal the hammers are connected to the ceiling by hoping it isn’t Uneffectium.

“Gotta go fast.”

Blaze fishes through his pack and pulls out metallic disks similar to the bamboo ones he had been using and reading the numbers on them. He mutters something and places a disk to the side then he finds another disk after sifting through the others. He puts the disks away then pulls out his firestaff and a set of what looked like a welder’s mask fused with a set of ski goggles. He activates the staff and begins heating the disks.

OOC: mainframe is gonna love this data he’ll be getting. You said gotta go fast. Gonna be out for a while so Blaze’ll be working on this in the meantime.

“… I feel someone else being tested…” Spirax hissed, fidgeting slightly before a scowl slipped across his features. “My testing! Mine! Why am I not there, want to test, test, test, make friends, see if tester is good tester and if not show them how how dare they test with out me!” He hissed, twitching heavily, a dark glare and sneer etching itself across his face as grew angrier, his shadow toa side truly showing itself as he ripped a knife out of himself, clutching the handle hard enough for it to start emitting groaning noises as he only scowled harder.

“What do you expect to do with that?”

“Nothing just… angry, stress release, I like knives.” He replied, slowly calming down as he held the knife up, staring at it studiously, spinning and turning it slightly.

Eric appears, along with Darren. Armin doesn’t appear, as he wasn’t ever really fleshed out. Grante, none of my characters were, but it’s a bit late for that now. XD

“Kay.”

“Yes, makes sense though, they are a part of me.” He said in a much calmer and more subdued tone than usual.